Windows 10: Windows fails to boot, can boot in safe mode but can't do a successful system restore or...

Discus and support Windows fails to boot, can boot in safe mode but can't do a successful system restore or... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, One day my computer crashed while gaming and since then windows will not boot. It will have the windows ten loader come up with the blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexS.5, Apr 17, 2020.

1. AlexS.5 Win User

Windows fails to boot, can boot in safe mode but can't do a successful system restore or...

Hi All,

One day my computer crashed while gaming and since then windows will not boot. It will have the windows ten loader come up with the blue windows and then fail black screen or on occasion make it to the blue recovery screen. From there we have tried the command prompts suggested by bob omb in other threads. We are able to start in safe mode if we reach the recovery screen, but from there can't do anything to fix the problem. We have run virus scans, disabled software on start-up etc. but no luck. Upon re-starting we have the same problem. We have tried system restore, but it fails during the install with a black screen.

It's a weird problem and we don't know what to do about it. Any help would be appreciated!

:)

AlexS.5, Apr 17, 2020

2. System Restore not successful even in safe mode

Bill Smithers has suggested Revo Uninstaller which is a very good program for un-installing stubborn software.

Another way, ..... that is if you can boot into SAFE MODE would be then going to ADD and REMOVE PROGRAMS and then RIGHT CLICK the Lavasoft Program and select un-install.

Not sure if you have tried this method.

Frank N St31n, Apr 17, 2020
  3. djoatmeal Win User
    Boot loop after update no safe mode option-repair fails- restore fails

Last night around 9pm I noticed the pc was doing another update. Endless boot loop again. I ran through the steps from yesterday with one new result and it will not boot.
    Windows fails to boot, can boot in safe mode but can't do a successful system restore or... [​IMG]

djoatmeal, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Windows fails to boot, can boot in safe mode but can't do a successful system restore or...

Failed to complete System Restore

Hello Passegua,

The error code 0x80070005 may indicate a few things that are causing System Restore Failure. It could be corrupted system files, conflict with other programs such as Anti-virus protection, and etc. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest
    that you perform System restore in Safe Mode. Kindly refer to this link for more information and steps.

Another step that I can suggest is Clean Boot, if the above step fails.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows fails to boot, can boot in safe mode but can't do a successful system restore or... - Similar Threads - fails boot boot

2. Can't selcet boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't selcet boot into safe mode: I am trying to start my computer in safe mode, but when I get the window to select it, my keyboard isn't registering the input. I have used a wireless keyboard and a wired one. I'm on the latest windows update....
  3. Can't boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into safe mode.: Every time I try to boot into safe mode it always tries to do an automatic repair and fails to repair.I can still boot normally just not in safe mode. This from the log: Root cause found: Boot critical file g:\windows\system32\drivers\ramdisk.sys is corrupt. Repair...
  4. Windows Can't Boot Into Safe Mode but can Boot Normally

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Can't Boot Into Safe Mode but can Boot Normally: Hey Everyone, I have Bootcamp running Windows on my 2019 Mac Pro. Whenever it boots into normal Windows it boots perfectly and has no issues. But, when I try to boot it into safe mode, it goes completely dark. My monitor says it has no signal, and the computer just sits...
  5. Safe Mode fails and unable to boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safe Mode fails and unable to boot.: While trying to install a new graphics card driver I selected via msconfig to reboot in safe mode. However upon rebooting came up with error : SYSTEM THREAD EXEMPTION NOT HANDLED - mssecflt.sys. Needless to say I used most of the advanced options and still no joy, meaning no...
  6. Windows System Restore successful, cannot boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows System Restore successful, cannot boot.: Hello, I have recently started to do a system restore point because of accidently formatting my storage drive. I have Windows installed on a separate SSD, but unusually it won't boot up anymore. I have tried doing system restore in the recovery environment, but gives me an...
  7. Laptop won't boot. Can't boot to safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't boot. Can't boot to safe mode.: submitted by /u/Mckillagorilla [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds0808/laptop_wont_boot_cant_boot_to_safe_mode/
  8. Windows fails to boot unless in safe mode

Windows fails to boot unless in safe mode: If I try to boot windows out of safe mode when I run something or after some time windows will crash and both my monitors will go black. When I boot in safe mode I do not get this issue. I have tried multiple things to fix this but all have resulted in failure....
  9. Failed to boot into safe mode and USB

Failed to boot into safe mode and USB: Hello, I haven't used my laptop in a few months. I booted it up today and got SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (It did not hit the login screen). System Restore, Startup Repair and Go back to previous version all encountered an error and failed. sfc /scannow ended with...
  10. Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode: In MSconfig I set windows to boot into safe mode, now it will not boot at all. Previously it booted into normal mode. I used a Windows recovery disc from which the only option that works is the command prompt. From the cmd prompt I can see all of C: drive and also run...