Windows 10: Windows fails to boot occasionally

Discus and support Windows fails to boot occasionally in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Frequently when I start up my computer I get the message "The header checksum for this don't doesn't match the computed checksum" with the file in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Navi198, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Windows fails to boot occasionally

Frequently when I start up my computer I get the message "The header checksum for this don't doesn't match the computed checksum" with the file in question being winload.efi

No matter how many times I reboot, nothing changes until I open my bios and boot from there without changing anything. After booting into my bios I get a message indicating a boot failure. I dismiss it and boot without changing anything and I don't encounter any errors.

This started happening after I reinstalled Windows and was wondering if anyone else has encountered this before.

submitted by /u/Navi198
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Navi198, Apr 20, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Ar3s Win User

Windows fails to boot occasionally

HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

Thema:

Windows fails to boot occasionally

1. Windows fails to boot occasionally - Similar Threads - fails boot occasionally

2. Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally: Hello!Day by day in our company we have problem with random cases when autologon stops working. Below u can find my analysis, please if u had some similar cases or u know the cause of this issue please help me. Hostname: x domain objectUser: y domain objectDomain:...
  3. Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally: Hello!Day by day in our company we have problem with random cases when autologon stops working. Below u can find my analysis, please if u had some similar cases or u know the cause of this issue please help me. Hostname: x domain objectUser: y domain objectDomain:...
  4. Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fail to auto login Windows 10 occasionally

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fail to auto login Windows 10 occasionally: I setup Windows 10 auto logon by adding the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon, and its subkey DefaultUserName, DefaultPassword , AutoAdminLogon.Everything works fine. However, sometimes, about 1 out of 3000 reboot, it cannot...
  6. Win10 occasionally fails to restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 occasionally fails to restart: Good day My windows version number is 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1081) On a few occasions (i'd say once or twice a week) win10 fails to restart properly and it just hangs indefinately whereby i have to force restart. I'm unsure what causes it and since it only happens a few times...
  7. Computer won't boot occasionally

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't boot occasionally: I have to start the computer and hope it start normally every time I turn it on or I have to shut it down and try again. This usually cost me 5 or more tries. The debug cpu led always turns on so I reseated the cpu and reapplied thermal paste but it didn't work. I cleared...
  8. Odd occasional boot issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd occasional boot issue: Windows 10 Pro Version: 1909 Build: 18363.476 RAM: 16GB Processor: Intel i7-4790K @4.00GHz Boot disk: Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Every so often when my PC boots, it runs like a complete dog. I mean it lags like made on simply moving the mouse. Opening a browser can take an age....
  9. Audio Service Fails Occasionally

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Service Fails Occasionally: About once per day my Audio Service seems to fail. The audio program that I am in the middle of using will "freeze" and the only way I have found to resolve this is to shut down the PC and then start it again. Can anyone help me fix this? I have allowed the self-fix tool (or...
  10. Startup fails occasionally

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup fails occasionally: Hi On my W10 Medion Erazer PC I sometimes (about every third or fourth start) get a startup failure after both Restart or Hard Boot, with options to Restart, Advanced Startup options etc. I have tried the restart and that has not worked so I go to Startup Repairs and...