Windows 10: Windows fails to find inbuilt bluetooth

Discus and support Windows fails to find inbuilt bluetooth in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently reinstalled windows 10 home, Bluetooth hasn't been working since. There is no Bluetooth icon in the system tray and it can't find any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thomasmathews, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Windows fails to find inbuilt bluetooth

Recently reinstalled windows 10 home, Bluetooth hasn't been working since.

There is no Bluetooth icon in the system tray and it can't find any devices.

I have tried:

• Installing manufacturers driver directly (My PC has a ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha motherboard with inbuilt Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth ).
    • Launching the Windows 10 Bluetooth troubleshooter( This tells me the device doesn't support Bluetooth , which it does as it was working up until i reinstalled windows)
    • Checking the drivers in device manager - There is a 'Bluetooth device (Personal area network)' under network adapter and 'Bluetooth' under System devices but both are updated. I have tried reinstalling them.
    • Checking the services through task manager. There is a 'bthserv' - Bluetooth support service running, 'BluetoothUserService' and 'BluetoothUserService_24af5' are both there, the last one will run then stop after a short while, the first refuses to start at all.
    • Making sure the latest windows updates are installed, which they are.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

:)

thomasmathews, Jun 30, 2019
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jun 30, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle | Networking | ASUS Global

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400 | Networking | ASUS Global

P4-630, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Pavan1709 Win User

Windows fails to find inbuilt bluetooth

Windows 10 Bluetooth always on

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will be glad to assist you.

I need to some details

1. What is the make and model of your PC?

2. Are you using inbuilt or external Bluetooth device?

I suggest you to follow the steps below

Method 1: I suggest you to follow these steps below

1-Click windows+x and then open control panel.

2- Then open the “Network and sharing center " icon from control panel.

3-Then click on “change adapter settings" from the left top corner of the opened tab.

4-Then from the new opened tab choose " Bluetooth network connection" and right click on it.

5-Then choose "disable” to turn off Bluetooth and again enable to turn on Bluetooth.

Method 2: I suggest you to uninstall and
    reinstall Bluetooth drivers from computer manufacturer website.

• Click windows+x key

• Select device manager > follow on screen instruction
    To reinstall Bluetooth drivers I suggest you to contact Manufacture Website

See if this helps

Thanks

Pavan1709, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows fails to find inbuilt bluetooth

1. Windows fails to find inbuilt bluetooth - Similar Threads - fails find inbuilt

2. Cannot find bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot find bluetooth: Hi, my bluetooth close occationally and I cannot turn it on in the setting. I've tried to reinstall the driver, but it happens again. It cannot be fixed through troubleshooting. I wonder how can I deal with this problem. Thank you....
  3. CAN'T FIND MY ANY INBUILT DICTIONARY IN MY COMPUTER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CAN'T FIND MY ANY INBUILT DICTIONARY IN MY COMPUTER: I have upgraded to the latest version of windows 10 but I'm not able to find the in-built dictionary which should enable me click or highlight a word to get a quick meaning of a while reading a document either on PDF etc. in my system. so please how do i find and get...
  4. Inbuilt microphone

Inbuilt microphone: does it mean you dont have to connect headset or mic but can still perform speech rcognition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inbuilt-microphone/ae537a14-1680-4c5e-bdd5-386dc892e510
  5. Can't Find My Inbuilt Camera

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Find My Inbuilt Camera: Hey! So I've got an MSI GF63 and I'm unable to access my inbuilt webcam. I can't find it in device manager I don't have an other devices section and everything is fine in settings. I'm getting the error code 0xA00F244<NoCamerasAreAttached>. It's not blocked by an anti-virus...
  6. Inbuilt Windows in a Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Inbuilt Windows in a Laptop: Does a new laptop (E.g. Dell, Lenovo) come with Windows 10 "DVD" and "activation key"? If not, suppose if windows got crashed then how can we reinstall the OS?...
  7. windows inbuilt software windows 10

windows inbuilt software windows 10: How do I know if I need an update for windows inbuilt software? Technical help said it was installed in 2009 age of laptop also. That the programs are running some stopped. Not sure what to ask....
  8. Inbuilt Administrator in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Inbuilt Administrator in Windows 10: I was given instructions on how to fix the Admin issue on my computer. One of the instructions involved me pressing the Window key and X. Then I was instructed to go the Command Prompt Admin section. When I went to that part of the step I noticed I no longer have that option...
  9. Asus K53sj Bluetooth inbuilt device not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus K53sj Bluetooth inbuilt device not working: I've installed a clean windows 10, and a few days ago i wanted to test my bluetooth and noted that i could not find it. I searched all windows, and a lot of websites and i cannot solve it. There is no information about bluetooth on device manager, no option to turn on/off...
  10. Find Bluetooth Version in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Bluetooth Version in Windows: How to: Find Bluetooth Version in Windows How to Find Bluetooth Version in Windows Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetooth enabled devices located nearby each other. If your Windows device includes...