Windows 10: Windows fails to initilize wifi adapter on wake-up

Discus and support Windows fails to initilize wifi adapter on wake-up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows connects properly to wifi on bootup, but if I go into sleep mode, on wake-up the wifi does not reconnect automatically to wifi. To reconnect, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jfniss, Nov 13, 2018.

1. jfniss Win User

Windows fails to initilize wifi adapter on wake-up

Windows connects properly to wifi on bootup, but if I go into sleep mode, on wake-up the wifi does not reconnect automatically to wifi. To reconnect, I have to manually disable the adapter, then enable it. I'm running version 1803 64 bit. Can anyone explain/help? Thanks.

:)

jfniss, Nov 13, 2018

2. Wake up from sleep with Microsoft AC Adapter

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern to restart the laptop from sleep mode when connected to AC power adapter.

Please be informed us if you are facing any problem with while waking the computer from sleep mode.

I suggest you to update the drivers for AC power adapter from
    Device Manager and check if it helps.

Steps :

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand AC Power Adapter.
    • Right on the W and click on Update driver software.

If the drivers are updated, you will not have the option to Update Driver Software.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter
      that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

Restart the computer and download, install the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website.

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Try3 Win User
    Update made wifi adapter disapear

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle but there is no wifi section in Settings, Networks then reinstall the wifi adapter.

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle and there is a wifi section in Settings, Networks then use Settings, Update, Troubleshoot. I'd suggest this sequence:-
    Hardware & devices
    Network adapter
    Internet connections

Best of luck,
    Denis

4. Windows fails to initilize wifi adapter on wake-up

WiFi adapter disables itself

Sorry, but that does not solve the problem. Here's the condition, any suggestions?

Asus and HP laptops upgraded to Win 10 August 2015, both using anniversary edition version 1607, 64 bit, installed on 8-24-16. All of the fixes suggest have been tried and do not work. A/V is Norton Security.

• WiFi adapter disables itself and will not allow it to be re-enabled. Troubleshoot will not fix and restart is required.
      But Restart hangs and takes 30+ min. (90 min. 1-8) to complete or a forced shutdown by physically turning off the PC is needed to resolve.
      Can cause Edge to fail to find web pages after restart.
      • Asus last occurred: 12-25-16, 12-14, numerous dates since August 2015.
        Happened occasionally while on Win 8.1
      • HP last occurred: 1-8, 1-6, 1-1, 12-27-16, 12-14, numerous dates since August 2015. Never happened while on Win 7.

Dave Robson, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows fails to initilize wifi adapter on wake-up

1. Windows fails to initilize wifi adapter on wake-up - Similar Threads - fails initilize wifi

2. WIfi adapter is missing suddenly from lenovo laptop after waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIfi adapter is missing suddenly from lenovo laptop after waking up from sleep.: Everything was fine. I didn't change any settings i put my laptop into sleep mode and i open it after half an hour and the network wifi adapter is gone it says could not get enough power when i looked into event viewer. Please, help me to fix this laptop name is Lenovo.the...
  3. WIfi adapter is missing suddenly from lenovo laptop after waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIfi adapter is missing suddenly from lenovo laptop after waking up from sleep.: Everything was fine. I didn't change any settings i put my laptop into sleep mode and i open it after half an hour and the network wifi adapter is gone it says could not get enough power when i looked into event viewer. Please, help me to fix this laptop name is Lenovo.the...
  4. Computer won't wake up, then display adapter breaks

Computer won't wake up, then display adapter breaks: I've had a recurring issue where I will put my computer to sleep, but when I try to go back later, it won't wake up. It seems that the computer is running, as within I can see the fans spinning at full speed and its lights are on, but all screens stay dark. After a few...
  5. Computer won't wake up, then display adapter breaks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won't wake up, then display adapter breaks: I've had a recurring issue where I will put my computer to sleep, but when I try to go back later, it won't wake up. It seems that the computer is running, as within I can see the fans spinning at full speed and its lights are on, but all screens stay dark. After a few...
  6. Wifi Adapter Fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter Fails: I am running Windows 11 home on a laptop I recently purchased. In the short span of time I've been using the laptop2 to 3 weeks, the wifi has randomly disconnected twice and upon visiting the wifi menu, I find that wifi is not being detected at all. To fix this I go to...
  7. Wifi Adapter Fails

Wifi Adapter Fails: I am running Windows 11 home on a laptop I recently purchased. In the short span of time I've been using the laptop2 to 3 weeks, the wifi has randomly disconnected twice and upon visiting the wifi menu, I find that wifi is not being detected at all. To fix this I go to...
  8. Wifi Adapter Netwtw10.sys failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi Adapter Netwtw10.sys failed: I just got an asus PCE-AX58BT because I wanted something better than my onboard wifi my motherboard is an MSI x570 Tomahawk when I put the wifi adapter in it blue screened my pc with the Netwtw10.sys failed and I was not able to repair it and would not let me enter safe mode...
  9. Wifi adapters failing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi adapters failing: Today morning when i tried to connect my pc to my wifi i realized my wifi option is not showing so i opened device manager and saw that “intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz keeps getting disabled Im scared my laptop just ran out of warranty two weeks ago Things i tried...
  10. WiFi Adapter disappears after waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Adapter disappears after waking up from Sleep: Hello, I know this issue has been raised a couple of times and I have read most of the troubleshooting provided on other forums but to no avail. I would like to raise this issue again with hopes of finding solutions. Issue: When waking up from sleep, Wifi is disconnected....