Windows 10: Windows Failure to Start

Discus and support Windows Failure to Start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer froze so I pressed the power button until it shut down. Now it will not load windows. Advance recovery options fail. Recover to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TAugustine5, May 29, 2016.

1. Windows Failure to Start

My computer froze so I pressed the power button until it shut down. Now it will not load windows.
    Advance recovery options fail.
    Recover to a previous restore point fails.
    Reinstall windows from advanced fails.

I finally made a windows 10 usb key to try and fix this issue.

"The computer started using the windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restore your computer so that windows starts normally. "(Problem windows does not start normally it goes into a diagnostic mode in which it attempts to repair but fails.?)

I would prefer to fix this without wiping everything but I may have to do that. All I know is that I am stuck and can not seem to get it past a certain point no matter which method i try.
    Thank you for your help in this matter

:)

TAugustine5, May 29, 2016
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 29, 2016
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 29, 2016
  4. Windows Failure to Start

New information. I attempted to resinstall windows again, and it came back with a warning that the drive that contains windows is locked and I should unlock it.
    I have never heard of a locked drive.
    How do I unlock it.

TAugustine5, May 29, 2016
Thema:

Windows Failure to Start

1. Windows Failure to Start - Similar Threads - Failure Start

2. Auto start after power failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto start after power failure: I have been trying to determine if my version of Windows (1809) will do an auto-start after a power failure. Most of the info I find tells me to access the UEFI settings, but for some reason I am unable to do that through the processes outlined. There's simply no option to...
  3. Windows 10 Hyper-V: VM start fails - "Assertion failure"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Hyper-V: VM start fails - "Assertion failure": Using Hyper-V, I created a Windows-XP VM machine which I have used regularily without problem until earlier this year. Now, when I try to start my VM, I get: [Window Title] Hyper-V Manager [Main Instruction] An error occurred while attempting to start the selected virtual...
  4. Stop error code: Security_Check_Failure after failure to start ubisoft uPlay - issue is...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop error code: Security_Check_Failure after failure to start ubisoft uPlay - issue is...: I was having trouble with uplay from Ubisoft failing to open so I went to start>restart and got a blue stop code error message. Searching for this issue I found a past issue where it was related to unapplied cumulative windows update and upon checking windows update I found...
  5. Windows 10 failure to start after latest update.

Windows 10 failure to start after latest update.: Following update last Tuesday Toshiba laptop fires up but only to scene. It will not progress to password block and if I click in an endeavour to 'invite' password block screen goes black with a white cursor and after a while scene reappears. Any help would be most...
  6. Instant "Kernel Security Check Failure" BSOD when starting an emulator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Instant "Kernel Security Check Failure" BSOD when starting an emulator: Hello guys, so I wanted to use the PS2 emulator PCSX2 and when I start the programm I just shortly see the programm window and a notification from windows pop in from the side, but I could never read it bc it's always just starting to appear and not completely visible and I...
  7. Instant "Kernel Security Check Failure" BSOD when starting an emulator

in Windows 10 Support
    Instant "Kernel Security Check Failure" BSOD when starting an emulator: Hello guys, so I wanted to use the PS2 emulator PCSX2 and when I start the programm I just shortly see the programm window and a notification from windows pop in from the side, but I could never read it bc it's always just starting to appear and not completely visible and I...
  8. Failure to start Windows, failure to identify the SDD with my Windows on it

Failure to start Windows, failure to identify the SDD with my Windows on it: I have been using my computer for almost a year, and have failed to launch Windows for 3 times. I installed my Windows 10 Home edition on my m.2 SSD and saved my data on HDD running on RAID 1. For the 1st time of failing to launch Windows, the computer just recovered...
  9. Windows 10 start up, performance and system failure

Windows 10 start up, performance and system failure: Hi All, I have tried the many ways given to rectify, even reset, and then tells me there was an error and can't complete reset function. I can after signing in, eventually after a very long wait get to the home screen which is black background, and shows all files on...
  10. Blue Screen error while starting Rainbow Six Siege(Kernel Security Check Failure)

Blue Screen error while starting Rainbow Six Siege(Kernel Security Check Failure): Today I started my laptop to play Rainbow Six Siege game.When I started game, my PC's crashing and PC is showing up Blue Screen Error(Kernel Security Check Failure).I have tried many ways to recover and resetted the PC(Removed Everything) but still after reiinstalling game,...