Windows 10: Windows Failure to Start

Discus and support Windows Failure to Start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer froze so I pressed the power button until it shut down. Now it will not load windows. Advance recovery options fail. Recover to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TAugustine5, May 29, 2016.

1. Windows Failure to Start

My computer froze so I pressed the power button until it shut down. Now it will not load windows.
    Advance recovery options fail.
    Recover to a previous restore point fails.
    Reinstall windows from advanced fails.

I finally made a windows 10 usb key to try and fix this issue.

"The computer started using the windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restore your computer so that windows starts normally. "(Problem windows does not start normally it goes into a diagnostic mode in which it attempts to repair but fails.?)

I would prefer to fix this without wiping everything but I may have to do that. All I know is that I am stuck and can not seem to get it past a certain point no matter which method i try.
    Thank you for your help in this matter

:)

TAugustine5, May 29, 2016
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 29, 2016
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 29, 2016
  4. Windows Failure to Start

New information. I attempted to resinstall windows again, and it came back with a warning that the drive that contains windows is locked and I should unlock it.
    I have never heard of a locked drive.
    How do I unlock it.

TAugustine5, May 29, 2016
Thema:

Windows Failure to Start

1. Windows Failure to Start - Similar Threads - Failure Start

2. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...
  3. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...
  4. Recently started getting Windows 10 Black Screens failures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recently started getting Windows 10 Black Screens failures: Started getting black screens the past two weeks during gaming / multitasking and when just watching YouTube. Sometimes audio runs fine in the background and I still have control of pause/play. Sometimes audio just loops.I recently upgraded nVidia drivers for Alan Wake 2 and...
  5. Recently started getting Windows 10 Black Screens failures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently started getting Windows 10 Black Screens failures: Started getting black screens the past two weeks during gaming / multitasking and when just watching YouTube. Sometimes audio runs fine in the background and I still have control of pause/play. Sometimes audio just loops.I recently upgraded nVidia drivers for Alan Wake 2 and...
  6. Recently started getting Windows 10 Black Screens failures

7. Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure: My PC just attempted the KB5031356 update released on October 10, 2023. It couldn't be installed due to a problem I've never encountered before, which is listed in the known issues of that update here:...
  8. Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure: My PC just attempted the KB5031356 update released on October 10, 2023. It couldn't be installed due to a problem I've never encountered before, which is listed in the known issues of that update here:...
  9. Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure

10. Driver power state failure BSOD when starting Roblox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver power state failure BSOD when starting Roblox: When I try joining the game Innovation Inc. Spaceship, i get a BSOD with the error: Driver power state failure as soon as the game finishes loading. This didn't happen to me before but now it happens.Processor: IntelR PentiumR CPU G2010 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHzRAM: 8 gbType: 64...