Windows 10: Windows Fall update file deletion and delay.

Discus and support Windows Fall update file deletion and delay. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For those who had trouble with previous updates, this information on the Fall update provided by Microsoft should be read by everyone.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Orion23WF, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Orion23WF Win User

Windows Fall update file deletion and delay.

Orion23WF, Oct 8, 2018

2. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows Fall update file deletion and delay. ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Windows Fall update file deletion and delay.

Delete the Fall Creators Update before it gets installed

Hi,

If you prefer not to install Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, as of the moment, we do not have an option to disable or avoid the installation. However, we have an option to postpone the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update installation. Follow these steps on
    how to postpone the installation of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update:

• Click the Start button and then select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Select Windows Update in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Update settings, click Restart options.
    • Turn on the Schedule a time toggle switch.
    • Select the time and date you preferred (up to six days).

Note: If you want to continue delaying the update, you can adjust the time and date before the scheduled time.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows Fall update file deletion and delay.

1. Windows Fall update file deletion and delay. - Similar Threads - Fall update file

2. file deletion delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file deletion delay: For a software project in which I participate the installation routine contains the following code PHP:unlinkgetcwd . '/index.php';unlinkgetcwd . '/prestashop.zip';renamegetcwd . '/index.php.temp', getcwd . '/index.php';It results in an "access denied" error for the last...
  3. file deletion delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file deletion delay: For a software project in which I participate the installation routine contains the following code PHP:unlinkgetcwd . '/index.php';unlinkgetcwd . '/prestashop.zip';renamegetcwd . '/index.php.temp', getcwd . '/index.php';It results in an "access denied" error for the last...
  4. Delay when moving or deleting files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delay when moving or deleting files: Hey everyone, I just did a lot of upgrades to my PC, and did a fresh install of Windows. I started running into a small problem that I haven't seen before. Whenever I move a file to another directory or delete it, there is a ~2 second delay. The transfer window will pop up,...
  5. windows creators fall update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows creators fall update: Hey.i was just wondering.how come I haven't got the new creators fall update???I went to download it manually but on the website there only is the creators original update 95658
  6. fall update

fall update: I still didn't get the fall update has anybody else have the same problem thank you 30237
  7. Can we or should we delay October 17th Fall Update?

Can we or should we delay October 17th Fall Update?: Well, I guess I am afraid of getting updates as soon as they are offered. So, can we delay this Fall update now scheduled for 17 October? 93371
  8. Windows 10 Fall Update

Windows 10 Fall Update: Is the Windows 10 Fall Update supposed to be released tomorrow as in Thursday, November 12th, 2015? 29520
  9. Delete or moving files has a delay. Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Delete or moving files has a delay. Win 10: Over last few weeks I have been noticing that when I go to delete a file or move it another folder it will actually take around 5-10 seconds to actually execute. I dont mean slow transfer but its like the process hangs for a bit. Weird thing is that it doesn't do it every...
  10. Fall Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Update: Hi guys. My desktop will not accept the Fall update. The automatic assistant keeps trying and falling over and I have made an ISO on my spare usb drive. No matter what I do it restarts and black screens with no cursor. I have followed so many workarounds and it always ends up...