Windows 10: Windows Family limits are inconsistent

Discus and support Windows Family limits are inconsistent in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 1903 here. Our Family management has 2 kids who share the same PC. One has activity reports of unrealistically much time Screen time... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Alex Cohn, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Alex Cohn Win User

Windows Family limits are inconsistent

Windows 10 Pro 1903 here. Our Family management has 2 kids who share the same PC.

One has activity reports of unrealistically much time Screen time is consitent only if it counts all time the computer was ON, including periods of deep sleep. The other kid, on the same computer, has unrealistically short Screen times in Activity reports: 3 minutes, 6 minutes, …

So, the first child always gets the "Time's up!" popup when he logs in, while the second child never has her time limits expire luckily, the scheduled hours still work for her, so at 8 pm she is forced to go to bed.

What may have gone wrong?

:)

Alex Cohn, Feb 8, 2020

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Setting time limits using Family Safety on Windows 10

Hi Sterr,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern over setting limits on using browser on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

If you had previously set up family features for a child account and then upgraded to Windows 10 , there are a few steps you need to take to turn on family settings again.

I suggest you to go through the below article and follow the steps given.

Set the right limits for your child

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Anonimiss Win User

Windows 10 Family Safety time limits not working

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Family limits are inconsistent - Similar Threads - Family limits are

2. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  3. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  4. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family: In Microsoft Family I need a feature where I can set a time limit for a group of apps together. This important for video game limits for example. If I can only limit time per app then I either have to make the limits on game apps very short which isn’t fair or give larger...
  5. Family Safety Limits

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Limits: HiMy son has screen time set to two hours on his family safety - yet yesterday he managed to get 6h 31m! How is he managing to extend his time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-limits/73f2811c-d1dc-473b-a3b3-53cef39c653d
  6. "App and Game Limits" not recognizing apps to limit in MS Family

"App and Game Limits" not recognizing apps to limit in MS Family: I want to use Microsoft Family to limit kids' ability to pay a specific game Kerbal Space Program to no more than X hours per day, on just a single Windows 10, brand new Acer laptop. No other devices at issue or being used with these accounts. But when I go to "App and...
  7. Microsoft Family Account Limits

Microsoft Family Account Limits: There are no limits on my son's account and he's been using his PC without issue for months, until this week. Now he keeps getting locked out of his browser and having to request more time. I've logged into the family group and all of the restrictions are turned off. Why is...
  8. Family Safety limits are not working

Family Safety limits are not working: My Family Safety time limits are not working for one of my children, the other child's limits work just fine. I have tried all of the suggestions I could find in the community; account is verified, all updates done, I have even tried deleting the account from the family and...
  9. Time limits, Microsoft family

Time limits, Microsoft family: We have Microsoft family and my dad set screen time limits for my games. I think I sometimes get less time than it is expected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-limits-microsoft-family/39fb731d-7171-4366-8212-ecef5cfef999"
  10. screen time limits in microsoft family

screen time limits in microsoft family: i am having a terrible time trying to set up screen time limits for my child in windows and his xbox one. i've signed in and out of my account and the child's account a dozen times, sending the email invite to join the family and otherwise following the instructions....