Windows 10: Windows Family restrictions messed up after each update

Discus and support Windows Family restrictions messed up after each update in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My Microsoft account is on a family with no restrictions. Screen time, app usage, and website blocking are all disabled, i.e. the switch to turn them... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by OfficialDalek, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Windows Family restrictions messed up after each update

My Microsoft account is on a family with no restrictions. Screen time, app usage, and website blocking are all disabled, i.e. the switch to turn them on isn't even enabled. Our family "administrator," if that's what it's called, has even showed me the restrictions list and showed me that they are all disabled. However, after every update any computer with my account has app restrictions applied to it. I tried using the tip foundin this thread, but no luck. I even tried disassociating my Microsoft account from my local user by removing that computer on my account settings, which worked in disassociating it but the restrictions still stayed.

To be specific, any browser other than IE and Edge is blocked, and sending the "request to use this app" didn't fix the issue either they were still blocked. I've tried reinstalling my other browser, and even tried a browser that I had never installed on that computer and both were blocked. This has happened before with the last update, but it went away the same day without any input from me or the "family administrator". It has been two days since I installed the most recent update and the problem still persists.

Any ideas? If nothing else works I can just request to be removed from the family, but something tells me that not even doing that will remove the restrictions, since I've disassociated my Microsoft account and it still has the restrictions.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

OfficialDalek, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Sten2.0 Win User
    Microsoft family restrictions

Hi,

You actually need your parent to turn off any restrictions on your account. I'm afraid you need to get yourself back to your family temporarily. These are the instructions for an adult account.

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • To remove a child, find their name, then select Content restrictions. Turn off any settings you may have enabled. Then go back to your family’s page, find the child’s name again, and select More options > Remove
      from family.
    • If you want to remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, they’ll need to verify
      their account

I personally think you should be good without doing the third step, but I can't give you a guarantee.

Hope it does the trick. In case of any issues, I'm happy to help you more when needed. If it worked, please mark the answer as helpful.

Sten2.0, Apr 17, 2020
  4. CP001 Win User

Windows Family restrictions messed up after each update

Microsoft Family content restrictions not updating

Hi,

I have (as parent) added a few websites to the 'Always blocked' list on the 'content restriction' section of my Microsoft Family account. This only seem to apply to the computer where I edited the online 'content restrictions' list. On other computers,
    where I have accounts for my kids, those pages are still accessible. The computer doesn't seem to be synchronising with the online setting. How do I fix this please?

CP001, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows Family restrictions messed up after each update

1. Windows Family restrictions messed up after each update - Similar Threads - Family restrictions messed

2. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  3. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  4. Family restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family restrictions: How can I turn off the requirement to ask for permission to access certain websites? I am already over 18 and I already removed myself from the family, but when I try to access certain websites it still tells me that I need to ask for permission to access the site....
  5. Windows messed up after 20H2 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows messed up after 20H2 update.: Brightness control not working. Start menu not working. Fans maxed out cpu constant at 80% All this is happening after 20H2 update. Any sugesstions. submitted by /u/dark-angel007 [link] [comments]...
  6. Family- messed up

Family- messed up: I've previously posted about my son not being able to use chome on his phone, as family safety seems to be blocking it. We can't fix it, and nobody here has been able to help. I thought I'd try to remove him from the family group, but when I try to do that get: You’ll need...
  7. RESTRICTIONS AFTER LEAVEING THE FAMILY

RESTRICTIONS AFTER LEAVEING THE FAMILY: Im over 18 so don't ask me if its my birth date and I already left the family months ago still have the restrictions and my birthdate is updated 2000 so yes it says im old enough why am I still getting restrictions...
  8. Microsoft Family content restrictions not updating

Microsoft Family content restrictions not updating: Hi, I have as parent added a few websites to the 'Always blocked' list on the 'content restriction' section of my Microsoft Family account. This only seem to apply to the computer where I edited the online 'content restrictions' list. On other computers, where I have...
  9. Family Restrictions

Family Restrictions: I connot remove the rule where you need to enter a password to make changes to the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/6b3830db-904f-46bb-92ae-0d9c4665aaee"
  10. Family restrictions

Family restrictions: how do i remove a family account from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/afd6c005-d0a7-49d6-a52d-f6106c81c95f"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to bypass microsoft family features