Windows 10: Windows Family Screen Time and Content Restrictions Don't Work; Don't stay turned on; Get...

Discus and support Windows Family Screen Time and Content Restrictions Don't Work; Don't stay turned on; Get... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Dear Community, The family settings for content control and screen time are a total failure. Both kids settings don't remain as I set them via the web... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DBruce11, Feb 20, 2021.

1. DBruce11 Win User

Windows Family Screen Time and Content Restrictions Don't Work; Don't stay turned on; Get...

Dear Community,

The family settings for content control and screen time are a total failure. Both kids settings don't remain as I set them via the web portal.

In the example screen shot below, no matter how I limit the hours in the web portal, within a day or so, the schedule reverts to the one shown below which has no restriction on the hours. Similarly for the App Restrictions and Content restrictions they are just being turned off somehow after I enable them.

Troubleshooting so far:

• Confirmed both kids are below age 13 so they cannot opt out of family settings
    • have removed both kids from family and re-added them
    • have confirmed activity reporting is turned on for both kids accounts
    • have changed my account password and windows PIN.
    • have confirmed that the kid accounts on the PC are NOT admin accounts AND the only accounts active on the kids PC are their accounts normal user and mine admin- with new password as mentioned, no other guest accounts etc. are active
    • I have reviewed and followed the recommendations here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_family/my-son-is-able-to-bypass-the-pc-screen-time-limit/0f103bf7-67c4-40f1-a7b9-1eadb6946e15?page=4

I just cannot figure out why the settings I set in windows family website are overridden and disabled. Is there no way to troubleshoot how those settings are getting changed? Is there no way to see what user changed them or how they were synched?

[for device limits, they remain enabled, but although I exclude the night time hours, somehow it always comes back to this setting with all hours enabled.]

Windows Family Screen Time and Content Restrictions Don't Work; Don't stay turned on; Get... 90d9186e-b2fe-4251-897e-d22be3457808?upload=true.png

[for app and content limits, I enable them and then somehow it always comes back to this disabled setting]

Windows Family Screen Time and Content Restrictions Don't Work; Don't stay turned on; Get... c7bf5b87-5dff-469b-87e4-0d6545dbe177?upload=true.png

:)

DBruce11, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Valeriu Win User

Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    Windows Family Screen Time and Content Restrictions Don't Work; Don't stay turned on; Get... [​IMG]

Valeriu, Feb 20, 2021
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Feb 20, 2021
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

Windows Family Screen Time and Content Restrictions Don't Work; Don't stay turned on; Get...

stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Family Screen Time and Content Restrictions Don't Work; Don't stay turned on; Get... - Similar Threads - Family Screen Content

2. My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety: Hello, I have family safety installed on my son's desktop with time the time limit schedule set up. But despite that I hear him using his desktop after the allowed time. He is not an administrator and he does not know my or my wife's password, so he's probably using his own...
  3. My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety: Hello, I have family safety installed on my son's desktop with time the time limit schedule set up. But despite that I hear him using his desktop after the allowed time. He is not an administrator and he does not know my or my wife's password, so he's probably using his own...
  4. Screens don't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screens don't turn off after specified time: Good evening I have a computer with Windows 10 Professional, version 20H2, compilation 19042.804, with all updates installed.It turns out that the screens don't turn off after the specified time. So far I have tried a lot of solutions. The first thing that I tried was to...
  5. I can not get to the content restrictions on MS Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can not get to the content restrictions on MS Family: I've logged in using several different machines, both chrome and edge. But when I try to go to the content restrictions I get the message Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while....
  6. Family Safety, app don't stay locked are keep time limits after set

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family Safety, app don't stay locked are keep time limits after set: I block certain apps from the family safety, and in less then 24 hours they are all back to default. nothing is blocked. They worked for a moment, even after restarting the machine...
  7. Content restrictions not working for a child account in Microsoft Family Safety

Content restrictions not working for a child account in Microsoft Family Safety: So i have a 12 y/o account on my microsoft "family". In the Family section of my microsoft account, I have the childs account activated and i have blocked inappropriate websites toggle on. Toggling this switch will block adult content and enable safesearch according to the...
  8. Microsoft family content restrictions

Microsoft family content restrictions: I've set my son up with a child's account and only want to allow him access to certain websites. I inputted all the web addresses but when he tries to access a video on the website for his homework it says that he needs to ask for permission. How can I override this to...
  9. Microsoft Family content restrictions not updating

Microsoft Family content restrictions not updating: Hi, I have as parent added a few websites to the 'Always blocked' list on the 'content restriction' section of my Microsoft Family account. This only seem to apply to the computer where I edited the online 'content restrictions' list. On other computers, where I have...
  10. Microsoft Family shared content restriction

Microsoft Family shared content restriction: I've tried to search for this subject, but was unable to find any meaningful information. I have four children setup and for the web browsing content restriction, we have it setup that they are only allowed access to websites listed in the "Only Allowed" list (whitelist)....