Windows 10: Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

Discus and support Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NimeshDahal, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to before. I see the printer being detected by the application but when I hit the print command, nothing happens. Any help will be appreciated.Thank you.

:)

NimeshDahal, Sep 20, 2022

2. Scan and Fax not working in Windows 10

Hi Sandy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with scanning and fax issues on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if printer driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • When you say that "scan and fax not working", how exactly are you trying to scan and fax on Windows 10?

If you have tried to use Windows Scan and Fax app, then try to access it and check if you are able to scan documents.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. The type "Windows Fax and Scan" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Try to scan the copies of documents.

Also I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting steps related to printer issues and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Please get back to us with an update on scanning and fax issues, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 20, 2022
  3. BGG112508 Win User
    Print Directly to Windows Fax and Scan

Is it possible to print directly to Windows Fax and Scan to fax a document without having to print it, then scan it, and then fax it? I have a wireless printer (HP OfficeJet 5740). I used to be able to print directly to scan, however something has changed
    (I'll research that with HP). Then, I found Windows Fax and Scan. I do not have a modem connected to my computer. I do have wi-fi, but not sure if that would be considered a wireless network for the purpose of setting up and connecting Windows Fax and Scan
    on my computer. Thanks in advance.

BGG112508, Sep 20, 2022
  4. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

Windows10 fax and Scan folders

Unstumped! Thanks for the push Ken, into sending a new fax. The light eventually dawned on me that the file names of the sent faxes differed over several groups of characters to those of the 'new' sent fax. After a laborious cut and paste operation on all sent faxes I now have a complete record.

Out of interest, I also found this useful 'help' from M$ for missing 'sent' faxes.

• Go to the Control Panel and select Programs and features.
    • On the left side select Turn Windows Features on or off.
    • Scroll down to Print and Document services.
    • Select the plus sign to expand.
    • Remove the check from Windows FAX and Scan.
    • Select OK.
    To install repeat the steps and put a check mark, restart the computer.

Huzzah!

mikephillips, Sep 20, 2022
Thema:

Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

1. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer - Similar Threads - Fax Scan Cannot

2. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer able to print received fax

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan - No longer able to print received fax: HelloWe admin a Fax Server on a Windows Server 2019 and have 30 Client-PCs with Windows 10 Pro who use the "Windows Fax and Scan" Software to access the facsimiles. Since around 16.09.2022 we are no longer able to print the received fax messages. Not from the client PCs and...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax: HelloWe admin a Fax Server on a Windows Server 2019 and have 30 Client-PCs with Windows 10 Pro who use the "Windows Fax and Scan" Software to access the facsimiles. Since around 16.09.2022 we are no longer able to print the received fax messages. Not from the client PCs and...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax: HelloWe admin a Fax Server on a Windows Server 2019 and have 30 Client-PCs with Windows 10 Pro who use the "Windows Fax and Scan" Software to access the facsimiles. Since around 16.09.2022 we are no longer able to print the received fax messages. Not from the client PCs and...
  5. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax

6. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  7. Windows Fax and Scan Prints Outgoing Faxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Fax and Scan Prints Outgoing Faxes: As of the most recent Windows 10 upgrade, our Windows Fax and Scan setup now prints all outgoing faxes in addition to incoming faxes. This is unnecessary and we have no idea why this has begun. Has anyone experienced this? We can't find a setting for it....
  8. fax and scan does not print

fax and scan does not print: windows fax and scan does not print so I cant scan multipale documents and save them as pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fax-and-scan-does-not-print/636bdb4f-90a9-4875-ab98-65292ffeeaa3
  9. Fax and Scan not working for fax

Fax and Scan not working for fax: I have a Zoom V.92 56K USB Mini External Fax Modem Model 3095, connected to a Dell workstation USB port, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Xfinity Internet phone service. When I first got the modem a month or so ago it worked fine. Today it errors out with an "unexpected error" and...
  10. Windows Fax and Scan not printing to pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Fax and Scan not printing to pdf: When I open windows Fax and Scan to fax a document I end up with a file that won't open. Here is what I do: Open Fax and Scan I select Document/ Feeder/ Black and White/ and leave file type set at TIF I scan the document then select Print. I then select Microsoft Print to...