Windows 10: Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder

Discus and support Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm pretty sure I know why there is a problem, but not sure how to fix it. I renamed my user profile after windows had automatically shortened it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Redlight150, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder

I'm pretty sure I know why there is a problem, but not sure how to fix it.

I renamed my user profile after windows had automatically shortened it (which I hated...).

Now some programs have had problems accessing my user folder because they are still looking for an address using the shortened user profile name.

How can I change the folder name, that windows fax and scan is trying to access?

:)

Redlight150, Jan 14, 2019
  2. MikePeace Win User

Error - Windows fax and scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder. Please ensure that Windows fax and scan can access that folder.

Thanks for the reply.

1. Scansoft PaperPort 11. It looks like it does not recognize my Brother MFC 7440N laser printer. The printer works just fine trying to print documents.

2. Win 10 changed the folder permissions. Most were then read only but I fixed them one at a time.

3. Might have missed some folders.

4. Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder. Please ensure that Windows Fax and Scan can access that folder.

I followed your suggested steps but it did not work.

MikePeace, Jan 14, 2019
  3. erixx Win User
    Windows Fax & Scan cannot access Documents folder?

Have been messing with user accounts?
    Removing and adding again Windows Fax'n'scan did not help?
    It uses some folders like "incoming faxes" etc in My documents. As that program is very old maybe it doesn't "know" were you moved Your My Documents folder.

erixx, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder

Set up Windows Fax & Scan to access documents folder

Hi Wayne,

To allow Windows Fax and Scan to access your documents folder, we suggest that you check and follow the steps/instructions provided by
    SteSpence in this thread.

Get back to us with the result.

Michael Gall, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder

1. Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder - Similar Threads - Fax Scan cannot

2. After uninstall Onedrive, Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access my documents...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After uninstall Onedrive, Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access my documents...: After uninstall Onedrive, Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access my documents folder. How can I make Windows Fax and Scan run again?Windows 10 ProHP OfficeJet 3830 seriesThanks....
  3. After uninstall Onedrive, Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access my documents...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After uninstall Onedrive, Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access my documents...: After uninstall Onedrive, Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access my documents folder. How can I make Windows Fax and Scan run again?Windows 10 ProHP OfficeJet 3830 seriesThanks....
  4. After uninstall Onedrive, Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access my documents...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  6. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  7. Windows Fax and Scan : the same good old issue : "Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Fax and Scan : the same good old issue : "Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it...: Hello ! I encounter the same issue with Windows Fax and Scan as many others do. When I try to launch it, this message pops up : "Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder. Please ensure that Windows Fax and Scan can access that folder."I tried...
  8. Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan

Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan: How does one scan documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan? In the event that the App does not have this function, which free third-party apps would be most compatible with Windows 10? Please advise....
  9. Windows FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS: I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER AND WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS. MY OLD COMPUTER STILL DOES. BOTH HAVE WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-fax-and-scan-will-not-scan-documents/b843f4e1-2cd5-46e8-943f-42bcd534e94b
  10. Documents Cannot Be Attached To Fax Message

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Cannot Be Attached To Fax Message: I have a problem which has suddenly developed in which I am unable to attached documents to fax messages. Message reads: C\users\roger\1\appdata\local\temp\1d3d78e8765a5.tif Cannot be attached to fax message. Has anyone had the same problem? 108461

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows fax and scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder

2. windows fax and scan cannot access documents

3. Fax and scan cannot run

4. windows fax and scan cannot access documents folder,
  5. error trying to save .tif - indicates fax and scan cannot rn,
  6. windows fax and scan cannot access folder,
  7. windows fax and scan cant access documents folder,
  8. please ensure that windows fax and scan can access your documents folder,
  9. windows fax and scan unable to access folder