Windows 10: windows fax and scan does not find my scanner

Discus and support windows fax and scan does not find my scanner in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; windows fax and scan does not find my scanner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarvManning, Feb 27, 2019.

1. windows fax and scan does not find my scanner

windows fax and scan does not find my scanner

:)

HarvManning, Feb 27, 2019

2. Windows Fax and Scan - changing scanner

Thanks, Andre, and thanks for the screenshots. I deleted all my scanners except one (the
    Epson WF-7720 MFC). Windows Fax & Scan still tried to use another scanner, even though it was no longer showing on the Windows 10 Printers & Scanners screen nor the Device manager > Printers list. I found that scanner
    hiding in Device Manager > Imaging Devices and deleted it there.

Now when I try to start a scan, Windows Fax and Scan says "No scanners were detected..." Same error message when I use Ethan's Tools > Scan Settings suggestion. After that
    error message there is no screen to change/choose a scanner. Arghh.

Note that I can use the Epson scanner just fine with most other software:

• Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [32 bit] File > Import > From Scanner or Camera says "There appears to be no camera, scanner...present..."
    • Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [32 bit] File > Import > TWAIN source > Select Source lists all my scanners (and a webcam windows fax and scan does not find my scanner :) and I can select my Epson and scan OK.
    • Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [64 bit] File > Import > From Scanner or Camera says "There appears to be no camera, scanner...present..."
    • Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [64 bit] File > Import > TWAIN source > Select Source lists nothing. Apparently, that is a known bug in the 64 bit version. Maybe that is
      a clue why Windows Fax and Scan can't see my scanner?
    • Epson Scan 2 works (it should; it came with the Epson WF-7720 MFC). Strangely, it lists two scanners: "Epson WF-7710/7720 Series(Network 01)" and "Epson
      WF-7710/7720 Series(Network 02)".
    • NAPS2 ("Not Another PDF Scanner") has a Profiles button that shows my Epson scanner and scans OK. Interestingly, when I use that Profiles button to add a new scanner and select WIA driver, nothing is listed. When I
      select TWAIN Driver, I see the Windows Select Source screen that lists all my scanners (and a webcam windows fax and scan does not find my scanner :) (just like PaintShop Pro above). Maybe Windows Fax and Scan only sees WIA devices and not TWAIN devices??

David the IT Guy, Feb 27, 2019
  3. unable to open videos and how to scan documents from scanner/printer/fax

Hi Marielnzalaco,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• From which media you are trying to play the videos?
    • Is this issue specific only to the downloaded YouTube videos?
    • From which web browser you are trying to download the videos?
    • Do you get any error message/code when you play the videos?
    Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1.

First save the video and then try playing it. Once the file is saved right click on the file and then choose
    open with and select one of the installed video players to open it.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Step 2.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the temporary files and then check.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type %Temp% and click on OK.
    A folder full of files and other folders will appear. Delete all the files inside the temporary folder and then try downloading the video again and check.

Follow the below steps to scan something into your computer:

I suggest you to open the Scan app from the Start menu. If you don't spot the Scan app on the Start menu, click the words All Apps in the Start menu's bottom-left corner. The Start menu lists all of its apps alphabetically.

Click the Scan app, and the Scan app appears on the screen. If it complains that your scanner isn't connected, make sure you've connected the USB cord between your computer and the scanner and that the scanner is turned on.

If your scanner’s plugged in and turned on, the scan app lists your scanner's name, shown here, and the file type used for saving your files.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 27, 2019
  4. windows fax and scan does not find my scanner

Windows 10 fax and scan does not recognize my scanner

I have exactly the same problem - my all-in-one printer prints perfectly and used to scan perfectly too. Now it says that it cannot detect the scanner.

I am using an Epson WF-4640 and Windows 10. Again, printing works like a dream, which suggests that all is connected quite happily.

I have tried:

• uninstalling and reinstalling the printer
    • updating the printer drivers
    • searching for "Windows Fax and Scan" in the programs and apps, to update it, but I cannot find it
    • likewise, when I go into the device manager, there is no separate scanner listed (I thought this might give me an option to update the driver) - although the printer is shown
    • using "Scan" instead, which the Microsoft app store tells me I have installed, but when I run it, it says that first I have to "connect a scanner" - my scanner is turned on and connected, so I am not sure where to go from here!

Any other suggestions, please? At the moment I am plugging the gap by scanning by the very inferior Epson Scan utility, but I much preferred Windows Fax and Scan - when it worked...

Susievintage, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

windows fax and scan does not find my scanner

1. windows fax and scan does not find my scanner - Similar Threads - fax scan does

2. What are requirements to connect Windows Fax and Scan to my scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are requirements to connect Windows Fax and Scan to my scanner: When I open 'Windows Fax and Scan' and select 'New scan' the program doesn't give me an option to select my connected scanner. Nor can I find a place to select a scanner. What are the requirements to use the software? For example, are 32 bit drivers necessary? I have an Epson...
  3. What are requirements to connect Windows Fax and Scan to my scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are requirements to connect Windows Fax and Scan to my scanner: When I open 'Windows Fax and Scan' and select 'New scan' the program doesn't give me an option to select my connected scanner. Nor can I find a place to select a scanner. What are the requirements to use the software? For example, are 32 bit drivers necessary? I have an Epson...
  4. Windows fax and scan not loading my scanner profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows fax and scan not loading my scanner profile.: I have been trying to scan documents that won't go directly into the system as .jpg. I want to change it to document status but the system continues to tell me :"Windows can't load your scan profile. Your profile settings might not be compatible with this scanner. Windows...
  5. Windows fax and scan not loading my scanner profile.

Windows fax and scan not loading my scanner profile.: I have been trying to scan documents that won't go directly into the system as .jpg. I want to change it to document status but the system continues to tell me :"Windows can't load your scan profile. Your profile settings might not be compatible with this scanner. Windows...
  6. Windows fax and scan not loading my scanner profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Fax and Scan does not recognize my fax modem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan does not recognize my fax modem.: I have been using Windows Fax and Scan for several years. Recently I have not received any faxes. When I check the settings of my computer my fax modem is present in Device Manager and seems to be working correctly. When I tell Fax and Scan to send a fax it says I need a fax...
  8. Windows Fax and Scan doesn't recognize my scanner

Windows Fax and Scan doesn't recognize my scanner: I have a Canon TS5120 All-in-One, and it's worked perfectly until today. All of a sudden, when using Windows Fax & Scan, it isn't recognized. I need to scan an important document and now I can't. I have the latest drivers from Canon. What has caused this problem to suddenly...
  9. Can't find Windows fax and scan.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find Windows fax and scan.: I have windows 10. I upgraded over a year ago. No problems. I was in the hospital 5 months , hubby didn't run any updates, still getting things working. Can't find Windows fax and scan. Found it two days ago but ti wasn't easy. Now needing it again and it's not in settings...
  10. Windows Fax & Scan Does Not Connect to My Fax Modem

Windows Fax & Scan Does Not Connect to My Fax Modem: I've uninstalled and reinstalled my fax modem driver. Device Manager shows it as "LSI PCI-SV92PP Soft Modem." And "This device is working properly." From within Windows Fax & Scan: I've tried adding an account to the Fax Accounts list. I cannot connect to my fax modem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows fax and scan cant find scanner

2. windows fax and scan cannot find scanner

3. windows scan cant find scanner

4. fax and scan,
  5. windows 10 scan app cant find scanner,
  6. windows scan not finding scanner,
  7. naps2 not finding scanner,
  8. windows cant find my scanner,
  9. no scanner detected windows fax and scan,
  10. windows scan does not find scanner,
  11. windows fax and scan windows 10,