Windows 10: Windows Fax And Scan does not scan only the selection

Discus and support Windows Fax And Scan does not scan only the selection in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys. I'm using a HP 5520 All In One Printer/Scanner. It is an old and sometimes problematic device! The difficulty of losing comms with it when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bordonbert, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Windows Fax And Scan does not scan only the selection

Hi guys. I'm using a HP 5520 All In One Printer/Scanner. It is an old and sometimes problematic device! The difficulty of losing comms with it when it sleeps over its only option of wireless is well documented and was for a long time a running sore in the HP community. I used to work for HP so got it as a giveaway offer internally. I now know why.

Happily, I do find that Windows Fax And Scan app seems to be able to contact it whenever it wants. Top marks MS! It ties in well and controls the scanning perfectly so far with one exception. When I shrink the selection box in the Previewed page to what I need to scan, the scanner seems to ignore that and always gives me some other bigger weird selection area. From looking at what it actually scans it is possible that there is a minimum width applied as my selections are pretty small sections, and it also seems to frequently run from the selected top line fully to the bottom of the page. What I want is always in there but it always enlarges the area selected to include other bits I do not want. This is a pain when scanning at hi-res as it takes an age to complete each task because of the overscan.

Is this something pertaining to my scanner or is it some sort of known issue which I can fix?

:)

Bordonbert, Jul 30, 2020

2. Windows10 fax and Scan folders

Unstumped! Thanks for the push Ken, into sending a new fax. The light eventually dawned on me that the file names of the sent faxes differed over several groups of characters to those of the 'new' sent fax. After a laborious cut and paste operation on all sent faxes I now have a complete record.

Out of interest, I also found this useful 'help' from M$ for missing 'sent' faxes.

• Go to the Control Panel and select Programs and features.
    • On the left side select Turn Windows Features on or off.
    • Scroll down to Print and Document services.
    • Select the plus sign to expand.
    • Remove the check from Windows FAX and Scan.
    • Select OK.
    To install repeat the steps and put a check mark, restart the computer.

Huzzah!

mikephillips, Jul 30, 2020
  3. HateMS10 Win User
    Windows 10 fax and scan

Win 7 had a beautiful easy to use fax and scan. All the solutions here suggest extra steps, obscure aps, downloads and protracted methods that may or may not even work. Why didn't MS just keep the fax and scan from W7 instead of regressing into the glitch
    and multi step disaster that is W10 scan..does anybody at MS even care because it sure doesn't seem like it...

HateMS10, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Windows Fax And Scan does not scan only the selection

Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?

Greetings all,

In connection with my job, I have several insurance companies asking me to send scanned documents in Portable Document Format (PDF). My Brother Printer Control Center Fax-Scan software is not yet compatible with Windows10, even in Windows7 compatibility mode. The Windows10 Fax & Scan program does not list PDF as a scan-to file conversion option. Only jpeg, bitmap, txt, etc..

Is there a way to tweak or add-on something to Windows Fax & Scan to make it scan documents into PDF format? Thank-you for any guidance with this.

-Allen

AllenChicago, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows Fax And Scan does not scan only the selection

1. Windows Fax And Scan does not scan only the selection - Similar Threads - Fax Scan does

2. Windows Fax and scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Fax and scan: I am running windows 10 Pro. Windows Fax and Scan does not appear under Turn Windows Features On or OFF, Print and Document Services. I get a fatal error when I try to Fax. How do I get it to appear?...
  3. fax & scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fax & scan: I had windows fax & scan in windows 7. I put in windows 10 and now I can't find win fax & scan to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fax-scan/7732b52b-ca6d-4105-ab97-d7bcdac25ffc
  4. Fax/Scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fax/Scan: When I scan documents using the double sided feeder in Windows Fax/Scan, it saves my documents as separate files and I am unable to un-check the box that stops this occurring. How can I fix this?...
  5. fax and scan does not print

fax and scan does not print: windows fax and scan does not print so I cant scan multipale documents and save them as pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fax-and-scan-does-not-print/636bdb4f-90a9-4875-ab98-65292ffeeaa3
  6. fax & scan

fax & scan: scanner is not download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/fax-scan/f331aec1-bb53-4dc4-b709-e4314a616b89
  7. Windows FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS

Windows FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS: I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER AND WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS. MY OLD COMPUTER STILL DOES. BOTH HAVE WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-fax-and-scan-will-not-scan-documents/b843f4e1-2cd5-46e8-943f-42bcd534e94b
  8. windows scan and fax

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows scan and fax: Windows scan and fax permission by Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-scan-and-fax/f3bdae21-3dc3-4a7f-8f2d-7b56d78637a2"
  9. Windows fax and scan

Windows fax and scan: Why can we not scan to PDF. using the Windows fax and scan software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-fax-and-scan/8c8c6b51-14b6-45d4-a267-43d3c9b1998a
  10. Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Support
    Fax and Scan: Since upgrading to Win 10, I am unable to see previously sent faxes in Windows Fax and Scan that I made under Win 7. This had the Fax account folder set to a location on my data partition, which remains untouched. Even though I point my new Win 10 WFS account to the same data...