Windows 10: Windows Fax and Scan doesn't recognize my scanner

Discus and support Windows Fax and Scan doesn't recognize my scanner in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Canon TS5120 All-in-One, and it's worked perfectly until today. All of a sudden, when using Windows Fax & Scan, it isn't recognized. I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Travelling Gal, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Windows Fax and Scan doesn't recognize my scanner

I have a Canon TS5120 All-in-One, and it's worked perfectly until today. All of a sudden, when using Windows Fax & Scan, it isn't recognized. I need to scan an important document and now I can't.

I have the latest drivers from Canon. What has caused this problem to suddenly occur, and how do I fix it?

:)

Travelling Gal, Sep 17, 2020

2. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Windows Fax and Scan doesn't recognize my scanner [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Sep 17, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

I dunno.

Re-install the TWAIN drivers? (They are not included in Windows.)

You might get a better answer if you gave the make and model of the scanner.

bobkn, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Windows Fax and Scan doesn't recognize my scanner

Windows 10: Scanner recognizing

Hi everybody!

My name is Julian. I have an HP PhotoSmart 4700 Series printer. My problem is the following: Windows 10 recognizes it as printer, but not as scanner. With Windows 7 I had both options (print and scan) in the same program (printers&devices), but now with
    Windows 10, there is a whole new program for scanning and sending faxes. That program doesn´t recognize my printer's scanner.

Does anybody have the same problem, or better, a solution?

Thank you very much.

Sincerelly yours,

Julian Scortechini

Julián Scortechini, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows Fax and Scan doesn't recognize my scanner

1. Windows Fax and Scan doesn't recognize my scanner - Similar Threads - Fax Scan doesn't

2. What are requirements to connect Windows Fax and Scan to my scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are requirements to connect Windows Fax and Scan to my scanner: When I open 'Windows Fax and Scan' and select 'New scan' the program doesn't give me an option to select my connected scanner. Nor can I find a place to select a scanner. What are the requirements to use the software? For example, are 32 bit drivers necessary? I have an Epson...
  3. What are requirements to connect Windows Fax and Scan to my scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are requirements to connect Windows Fax and Scan to my scanner: When I open 'Windows Fax and Scan' and select 'New scan' the program doesn't give me an option to select my connected scanner. Nor can I find a place to select a scanner. What are the requirements to use the software? For example, are 32 bit drivers necessary? I have an Epson...
  4. Windows fax and scan not loading my scanner profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows fax and scan not loading my scanner profile.: I have been trying to scan documents that won't go directly into the system as .jpg. I want to change it to document status but the system continues to tell me :"Windows can't load your scan profile. Your profile settings might not be compatible with this scanner. Windows...
  5. Windows fax and scan not loading my scanner profile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows fax and scan not loading my scanner profile.: I have been trying to scan documents that won't go directly into the system as .jpg. I want to change it to document status but the system continues to tell me :"Windows can't load your scan profile. Your profile settings might not be compatible with this scanner. Windows...
  6. Windows fax and scan not loading my scanner profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Fax and Scan does not recognize my fax modem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan does not recognize my fax modem.: I have been using Windows Fax and Scan for several years. Recently I have not received any faxes. When I check the settings of my computer my fax modem is present in Device Manager and seems to be working correctly. When I tell Fax and Scan to send a fax it says I need a fax...
  8. Why doesn't Windows Fax and Scan see my Brother DCP printer/scanner?

Why doesn't Windows Fax and Scan see my Brother DCP printer/scanner?: Why doesn't Windows Fax and Scan see my Brother DCP printer/scanner? It still 'sees' a printer that is not connected and one that is connected but on which the scanner is useless because of a false paper jam alert. What ever happened to plug and play?? A few years age...
  9. Windows Fax and Scan- No scanner detected - Windows 10

Windows Fax and Scan- No scanner detected - Windows 10: I had windows 10 on my previous computer, I just update to a new one, I used my HP LaserJet MFP M426fdw on my previous machine via wifi connection, and i am trying to use it the same way now, I can print, but scanner is not recognized in Windows Fax and Scan, any help? All...
  10. windows fax and scan does not find my scanner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows fax and scan does not find my scanner: windows fax and scan does not find my scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax-and-scan-does-not-find-my-scanner/960db1a2-1594-4398-aa2e-0f93206bdefb