Windows 10: Windows Fax and Scan - Fax Forward as Email Grayed Out

Discus and support Windows Fax and Scan - Fax Forward as Email Grayed Out in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having an issue with Windows Fax and Scan. My Fax "Forward as Email" is grayed out and can't be used. MyScan "Forward as Email" is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chris7442, May 7, 2020.

1. Chris7442 Win User

Windows Fax and Scan - Fax Forward as Email Grayed Out

Hello,

I'm having an issue with Windows Fax and Scan. My Fax "Forward as Email" is grayed out and can't be used. MyScan "Forward as Email" is working and routes straight to Outlook. I'm assuming they both use the same process MAPI?, so why would one work and the other doesn't?

I have Outlook 2016 set as my default mail client. I've tried removing Fax and Scan entirely and reinstalling but there is no change. Also tried changing default to Mail, rebooting, change to Outlook, rebooting, and still no change.

Its worth noting that this started after moving to Windows 10, this worked on Windows 7 with no issues. The settings on my fax server have not changed.

:)

Chris7442, May 7, 2020

2. Windows Fax | Forward as email grayed out

I am running Windows 1903 (Also did not work on 1809). I have tried installing Office 2010, 2016, 2019. Each time setting my default email client to Outlook. Still, in Windows Fax and Scan the forward as email button is grayed out.

Andrew Van Donselaar, May 23, 2020
  3. 3cider Win User
    windows 10 forward as email for scan is grayed out

It says forward as email. I have a document that I scanned and want to email it or as the fax and scan says forward as email.

Windows Fax and Scan - Fax Forward as Email Grayed Out 9b7c03e5-b653-41c9-b4ca-f23d767cbf24.png

3cider, May 23, 2020
  4. 3cider Win User

windows 10 forward as email for scan is grayed out

In windows 10 I can scan but the option to forward as email is there but not letting me forward it. If I click on it there is nothing it is not highlighted as an option as everything else is. Anyone have an answer?

3cider, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Fax and Scan - Fax Forward as Email Grayed Out - Similar Threads - Fax Scan Fax

2. windows fax and scan email

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows fax and scan email: I cannot email from Fax and Scan. The "forward by email" button is not highlighted and therefore cannot be used. How can I set an email for it to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax-and-scan-email/8a6581d7-9ff2-42b8-9672-86162eb633c6
  3. fax & scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fax & scan: I had windows fax & scan in windows 7. I put in windows 10 and now I can't find win fax & scan to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fax-scan/7732b52b-ca6d-4105-ab97-d7bcdac25ffc
  4. Windows Fax | Forward as email grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax | Forward as email grayed out: I am running Windows 1903 (Also did not work on 1809). I have tried installing Office 2010, 2016, 2019. Each time setting my default email client to Outlook. Still, in Windows Fax and Scan the forward as email button is grayed out....
  5. Windows Fax and Scan paper size grayed out

Windows Fax and Scan paper size grayed out: The Windows Fax and Scan program does not let you select paper size (e.g. Letter vs Legal) IF you select glass instead of document feeder. It always scans legal size when using the glass. I searched for this and see it reported as far back as 2015. Apparently Microsoft does...
  6. Fax and Scan not working for fax

Fax and Scan not working for fax: I have a Zoom V.92 56K USB Mini External Fax Modem Model 3095, connected to a Dell workstation USB port, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Xfinity Internet phone service. When I first got the modem a month or so ago it worked fine. Today it errors out with an "unexpected error" and...
  7. windows 10 fax and scan "forward as email" option grayed out?

windows 10 fax and scan "forward as email" option grayed out?: I find references to this issue dated in 2015 but no real solution to the problem and no recent comments or updates. I use the Windows 10 Mail app and use Outlook.com as mail client linked in. I know I can save an item as a file and then attach to an email, but we...
  8. fax & scan

fax & scan: scanner is not download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/fax-scan/f331aec1-bb53-4dc4-b709-e4314a616b89
  9. Emailing from Windows Fax and Scan.

in Browsers and Email
    Emailing from Windows Fax and Scan.: My daughter, whose laptop O/S is Windows 10 Pro, has run into the following problem when using Windows Fax and Scan. Her default email client is eM Client but when she tries to send a scanned document as an attachment, Fax and Scan opens Microsoft Outlook which is overlaid...
  10. Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Support
    Fax and Scan: Since upgrading to Win 10, I am unable to see previously sent faxes in Windows Fax and Scan that I made under Win 7. This had the Fax account folder set to a location on my data partition, which remains untouched. Even though I point my new Win 10 WFS account to the same data...