Windows 10: Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes

Discus and support Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've got a client whose computer is unable to send faxes. She's never used Windows fax and scan on her computer before so I can't say if this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by support77_95, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes

Hello,

I've got a client whose computer is unable to send faxes. She's never used Windows fax and scan on her computer before so I can't say if this is a new problem or if it's been around for a while.

She can setup an account in the windows fax and scan program without issue, but whenever she tries to send a fax, it never gets sent to the queue and the program usually times out after a couple of minutes.

I wanted to try uninstalling and re-installing the fax feature from the optional features, but it isn't even listed in there on her computer. This is a screenshot frommy computer, I highlighted the feature that I'm talking about. On her computer,the Windows Fax and Scan feature is missing completely from this list. Her computer only has Internet Printing Client, LPD Print Service, and LPR Port Monitor under Print and Document Services.

Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes 33d67d47-777b-40f7-9751-8678a1c68021?upload=true.jpg

She is using Windows 10 version 2004. I wanted to remove the update to see if it was behind the issue, but it was installed over 10 days ago so I cannot.

I've already tried

• removing and re-adding the account in windows fax and scan
    • clearing out everything in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\Queue It was already empty
    • restarting the Fax service in task manager
    • rebooting the computer.

I know this isn't an issue with the Fax server because other users in the company can send faxes just fine.

**Edited

When I run dism /Online /Get-Capabilities on her computer it states

Capability Identity : Print.Fax.Scan~~~~0.0.1.0

State : Staged

And when I then try using dism /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityNameWindows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes :print.Fax.Scan~~~~0.0.1.0 it states

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.19041.329

Image Version: 10.0.19041.329

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 3017

The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required to roll back changes made.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

I also tried installing the fax and scan feature via the Settings app, under Add an Optional Feature, but every time I do the install fails.

:)

support77_95, Jul 2, 2020

2. Windows10 fax and Scan folders

Unstumped! Thanks for the push Ken, into sending a new fax. The light eventually dawned on me that the file names of the sent faxes differed over several groups of characters to those of the 'new' sent fax. After a laborious cut and paste operation on all sent faxes I now have a complete record.

Out of interest, I also found this useful 'help' from M$ for missing 'sent' faxes.

• Go to the Control Panel and select Programs and features.
    • On the left side select Turn Windows Features on or off.
    • Scroll down to Print and Document services.
    • Select the plus sign to expand.
    • Remove the check from Windows FAX and Scan.
    • Select OK.
    To install repeat the steps and put a check mark, restart the computer.

Huzzah!

mikephillips, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows 10 Fax and scan

Hi,

There are several reasons why it can't send fax using Windows Fax and Scan.

We would like to know more information about this concern, please answer the following questions:

• Did you get any error message when you send fax? If yes, please send us the complete error message.
    • Were you able to send fax using Windows Fax and Scan before?

Ryan Fra, Jul 2, 2020
  4. YvesB Win User

Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes

Windows FAX and SCAN - Fax missing in Sent Items and Inbox folder

Hi Sujata,

I have tried your advices, but it changed nothing.

Note however that I have tried another Fax software (Classic Phone Tool) and that I have succeeded sending a Fax. The problem with this trial version is that I cannot send/attach multi-pages while Windows FAX AND SCAN allows me to send multi-pages Fax.

I know that FAX AND SCAN is not a Windows 10 component/feature. It is present on my PC because it was part of Win 7. Is there a way to uninstall this application and reinstall it. I looked for that app using Programs & Features and can't find it anywhere.
    It is even missing in Windows Feature. I can't remove it.

I also know despite FAX AND SCAN is not a Windows 10 component, but it can be run using WFS from the search box. That would be an alternative to run it.

Can you recommend an application that will allow me to send multi-pages Fax via a phone line or provide further advices.

I have reached the point to consider downgrading to Win 7.

Thanks in advance.

YvesB, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes

1. Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes - Similar Threads - Fax Scan feature

2. Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...: For quite a long time now, we cannot send faxes via Windows Fax and Scan to any machine/server that answers the call without ringing but immediately answers with a fax tone. Our end will never initiate the send and returns a "No Answer" response. I can always manually send...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan send failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan send failure: We have experienced an issue for quite some time now and cannot find any solution. Not only that, but I also cannot even find a single post anywhere where someone else is asking for help with this particular issue. If our fax server calls a fax number and the receiving number...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan send failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan send failure: We have experienced an issue for quite some time now and cannot find any solution. Not only that, but I also cannot even find a single post anywhere where someone else is asking for help with this particular issue. If our fax server calls a fax number and the receiving number...
  5. Windows Features / Windows Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Features / Windows Fax and Scan: I had previously connected an Old HP Office Jet 6500 Wireless All in one printer to my new Windows 10 computer and successfully used both the Print and Scan options. Today when attempting to Scan, I started to get the message "No Scanners were detected". Reading a ton of...
  6. FAX and SCAN item missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FAX and SCAN item missing: Fax and Scan work fine. Out of curiosity, why is the Windows Fax and Scan item missing from Control PanelPrograms and FeaturesTurn Windows Features on and offPrint and Document Services? Up-to-date W2004 build. SFC is clean....
  7. Windows FAX & SCAN erratic send.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows FAX & SCAN erratic send.: Some receiving machines do not recognise a Windows FAX and the "send" times out with Fax Monitor error "-- -- failed to respond ." I know there is a connection as I hear dial out and opening chatter from recipients machine. The occurance of a FAX not being sent is...
  8. Windows Fax and Scan - suddenly shrinks attachment size when sending faxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Fax and Scan - suddenly shrinks attachment size when sending faxes: Hi We scan documents on our scanner Xerox Documate. 8.5 by 11 image into PDF file. We use Windows 10 Fax and Scan external modem USB Robotics to create our cover page and attach the PDF file to fax to our head office. This has worked for years. Just this week,...
  9. Fax and Scan not working for fax

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fax and Scan not working for fax: I have a Zoom V.92 56K USB Mini External Fax Modem Model 3095, connected to a Dell workstation USB port, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Xfinity Internet phone service. When I first got the modem a month or so ago it worked fine. Today it errors out with an "unexpected error" and...
  10. Windows Fax and Scan feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Fax and Scan feature: Running Windows 10 Office 365, same as my PC, but Windows' feature "Fax and Scan" doesn't show up under Accessories on my laptop. Why, and where can I go to add it?...