Windows 10: Windows Fax and Scan- No scanner detected - Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Fax and Scan- No scanner detected - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had windows 10 on my previous computer, I just update to a new one, I used my HP LaserJet MFP M426fdw on my previous machine via wifi connection, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jotosh, May 9, 2019.

1. jotosh Win User

Windows Fax and Scan- No scanner detected - Windows 10

I had windows 10 on my previous computer, I just update to a new one, I used my HP LaserJet MFP M426fdw on my previous machine via wifi connection, and i am trying to use it the same way now, I can print, but scanner is not recognized in Windows Fax and Scan, any help?

All Drivers are up to date.

mean while I have a laptop also connected to the same network, and i can scan from the laptop through windows scan on that same machine, I try to check driver versions on both to compare, it seam my desktop even have a later version, ;-/ but it doesnt work.

I searched online for a fix, and i try the following links below, not of them helped me so far.

Thanks

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...detected/35687756-07be-466d-b130-0fc093047f31

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027397/windows-10-fix-printer-problems

https://www.****/knowledge/no-scanners-detected-fixed/

:)

jotosh, May 9, 2019
  2. BillShaw1 Win User

Windows Fax and Scan "No scanners were detected"

My laptop is running Windows 10. The printer is a Canon MX922. Just installed updated printer driver.

When I print its fine. Also when scanning using the Canon IJ Scan Utility it scans fine.

However when using Windows Fax and Scan I receive the message "no scanners were detected".

Any suggestions?

Thanks

BillShaw1, May 9, 2019
  3. papal46 Win User
    Scanner not detected by Windows Scan

Hello Community,

since the latest major update of Windows 10 Pro (about 1 month ago), my USB scanner no longer works correctly.

It scans a few pages and than hangs.

I use a 3rd party software that includes its own drivers for older scanners like mine - Xerox Documate 150.

I have tried:

- new cables

- alternative USB ports

- alternative PC with same Windows version

- restore the original drivers from Xerox

all fail.

Since the scanner is detected by windows, and claiming it works correctly,

I installed Windows Scan to try an alternative software, but it does not detect this scanner - it does detect other scanners I have.

Any idea what could have gone wrong during that update and how I could solve this issue ?

Many Thanks

Georges

Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 /Other Windows apps / Tools

papal46, May 9, 2019
  4. Windows Fax and Scan- No scanner detected - Windows 10

No scanners were detected

I tried using my Windows Fax and Scan like I usually do. I get this error:

No scanners were detected. If a scanner is installed, make sure that it is powered on and connected to the computer and then try again. For information about adding or troubleshooting scanners, see Help and Support.

I searched on Windows website and found this:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Un-install and re-install latest scanner drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the scanner drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

This was not helpful.

RandallGove, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows Fax and Scan- No scanner detected - Windows 10

1. Windows Fax and Scan- No scanner detected - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fax Scan scanner

2. "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works: Scanner and feeder stopped working days ago. WIA scanning fails on an up to date Windows 10 with HP M1536 mft printer/scanner. "HP Scan and Capture" works but not "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected or Adobe applications WIA device not found. I modified WIA services...
  3. "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works: Scanner and feeder stopped working days ago. WIA scanning fails on an up to date Windows 10 with HP M1536 mft printer/scanner. "HP Scan and Capture" works but not "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected or Adobe applications WIA device not found. I modified WIA services...
  4. "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10: I've been using Windows Fax and Scan with my HP printer/scanner HP Color LaserJet Prop MFP m277dw for a while now on this Windows 10 PC. I successfully used it as recently as 8 days ago, but today it simply reports "No scanners were detected."I'm not sure what changed. The...
  6. Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10

Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10: I've been using Windows Fax and Scan with my HP printer/scanner HP Color LaserJet Prop MFP m277dw for a while now on this Windows 10 PC. I successfully used it as recently as 8 days ago, but today it simply reports "No scanners were detected."I'm not sure what changed. The...
  7. Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10

8. Windows Scan / Fax and Scan not Detecting SCX-4623FW network scanner

Windows Scan / Fax and Scan not Detecting SCX-4623FW network scanner: Hi there, I have a SCX-4623FW samsung fax/scan/printer on my network. It works perfectly... my device is not faulty. It has no issues being scanned with third party apps such as "Scan2PDF" https://sourceforge.net/projects/scantopdf/ or even OpenOffice. The full...
  9. Windows 10 fax and scan does not detect modem

Windows 10 fax and scan does not detect modem: Device manager says the Conexant USB CX93010 ACF Modem is working properly, latest drivers installed. Window Fax and Scan tools - fax settings lists the modem. However, when I go to compose a fax, it says connect to a modem, then no modem detected. I've run the hardware...
  10. Scanner not detected by Windows Scan

Scanner not detected by Windows Scan: Hello Community, since the latest major update of Windows 10 Pro (about 1 month ago), my USB scanner no longer works correctly. It scans a few pages and than hangs. I use a 3rd party software that includes its own drivers for older scanners like mine - Xerox Documate 150....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fax and scan

2. windows fax and scan windows 10

3. Windows Fax and Scan

4. windows fax and scan troubleshooting,
  5. windows fax and scan not detecting scanner,
  6. windows fax and scan no scanner detected,
  7. no scanners were detected windows 10,
  8. windows fax and scan cannot find scanner,
  9. windows fax and scan setup,
  10. no scanner detected windows fax and scan,
  11. windows fax and scan help and support,