Windows 10: Windows Fax and Scan not printing to pdf

Discus and support Windows Fax and Scan not printing to pdf in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open windows Fax and Scan to fax a document I end up with a file that won't open. Here is what I do: Open Fax and Scan I select Document/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamDelaney1, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Windows Fax and Scan not printing to pdf

When I open windows Fax and Scan to fax a document I end up with a file that won't open. Here is what I do:

Open Fax and Scan

I select Document/ Feeder/ Black and White/ and leave file type set at TIF

I scan the document then select Print. I then select Microsoft Print to pdf

I select print and and enter a file name with the type as pdf Document and click save

The icon shows up on my desk top as a sheet with printing on it and a small paint tray and brush in the corner.

When I click on the icon to open the pdf I get the following message:

Paint cannot read this file. This is not a valid bitmap file, or its format is not currently suported.

when I look at the document properties it shows the type of file: PDF File (.pdf)

Opens with Paint.

This has just started doing this after I installed my new printer. I have an HP color laser jet pro MFP M281fdw printer.

I need to know how to get my scans to save as pdf so I can open them as pdfs or mail them to someone who will receive them as a pdf.

thank you for your time helping me with this

:)

WilliamDelaney1, Apr 5, 2019

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Windows Fax and Scan not printing to pdf

Microsoft "Print to PDF" prints out Garbage

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Microsoft Print to PDF, we just have a few questions for you:

• What are the documents that you're trying to save as a PDF file?
    • Can you provide us a step-by-step screenshot of how you print your documents as PDF?

Erika Aro, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows Fax and Scan not printing to pdf

1. Windows Fax and Scan not printing to pdf - Similar Threads - Fax Scan printing

2. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  4. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf: Does anyone know how to stop Windows Fax & Scan from converting received faxes to .pdf files? I can watch the file show up as a .tif file then in a few seconds the file is converted to a .pdf. Windows Fax & Scan is running on a server and saves a copy of incoming faxes to a...
  5. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf: Does anyone know how to stop Windows Fax & Scan from converting received faxes to .pdf files? I can watch the file show up as a .tif file then in a few seconds the file is converted to a .pdf. Windows Fax & Scan is running on a server and saves a copy of incoming faxes to a...
  6. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

7. Print Directly to Windows Fax and Scan

Print Directly to Windows Fax and Scan: Is it possible to print directly to Windows Fax and Scan to fax a document without having to print it, then scan it, and then fax it? I have a wireless printer HP OfficeJet 5740. I used to be able to print directly to scan, however something has changed I'll research that...
  8. Windows Fax and Scan Prints Outgoing Faxes

Windows Fax and Scan Prints Outgoing Faxes: As of the most recent Windows 10 upgrade, our Windows Fax and Scan setup now prints all outgoing faxes in addition to incoming faxes. This is unnecessary and we have no idea why this has begun. Has anyone experienced this? We can't find a setting for it....
  9. Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan

Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan: How does one scan documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan? In the event that the App does not have this function, which free third-party apps would be most compatible with Windows 10? Please advise....
  10. fax and scan does not print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fax and scan does not print: windows fax and scan does not print so I cant scan multipale documents and save them as pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fax-and-scan-does-not-print/636bdb4f-90a9-4875-ab98-65292ffeeaa3