Windows 10: Windows Fax and Scan paper size grayed out

Discus and support Windows Fax and Scan paper size grayed out in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Windows Fax and Scan program does not let you select paper size (e.g. Letter vs Legal) IF you select glass instead of document feeder. It always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bertilak, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Bertilak Win User

Windows Fax and Scan paper size grayed out

The Windows Fax and Scan program does not let you select paper size (e.g. Letter vs Legal) IF you select glass instead of document feeder. It always scans legal size when using the glass.

I searched for this and see it reported as far back as 2015. Apparently Microsoft does not intend to fix this.

Of course there are lots of "solutions" offered but nowhere is there a real solution. Some refer to menus, options, and other things that don't even exist, or depend on some unrelated situation, e.g. network folders.

There is ONE good workaround: if you preview the scan you can alter the size of the output and manually drag the edge back to something approximating letter size although no numerical dimensions are shown.

Perhaps the best workarounds are those saying to use another scanning program instead.

So, to make this a real question: Does anyone know if Microsoft intends to fix this or to replace the WFS utility with something better?

P.S. App category should be "Windows Accessories" but that's not offered. I chose "Tools" as something close.

:)

Bertilak, Sep 10, 2019

2. Windows Fax and Scan paper size problem

I have the Windows Fax and Scan version 1709 and it won't give me the option to scan an 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper. When I look at the paper sizes, I see 50+ options, including Japanese postcards, but not the size we use 99.999% of the time. What am I missing?

9dc01051-9213-46bd-b125-861e5e53f917, Sep 10, 2019
  3. LynByars Win User
    Paper sizes

I'm running Windows 10; I have an HP Officejet 7610. I've been using an old version of Adobe Photoshop Essentials (on an old Dell laptop---incredibly slow). I just subscribed to Adobe Photoshop (as the software doesn't seem to be available on CD anymore)
    With my old program, I could print poster sizes 11 x 17 and 13 x 20. These options are no longer available when I using Photoshop. Any suggestions for adding paper sizes to the dropdown list?

LynByars, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Scanning problems with paper size (sizes seems to me metric & from other countries)

It is possible that the current scanning settings are not set to paper size. I believe HP offers an application named as HP Scan and Capture
    for scanning A4 size and legal paper sizes. Kindly try installing it from HP's site.

Allan Mej, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Fax and Scan paper size grayed out - Similar Threads - Fax Scan paper

2. Windows Fax and Scan - Fax Forward as Email Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan - Fax Forward as Email Grayed Out: Hello, I'm having an issue with Windows Fax and Scan. My Fax "Forward as Email" is grayed out and can't be used. MyScan "Forward as Email" is working and routes straight to Outlook. I'm assuming they both use the same process MAPI?, so why would one work and the other...
  3. Scan in 2 different paper sizes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scan in 2 different paper sizes: Hi I scanned in letter size, when I realize it should be in legal size, so I went back and change the size to legal without deleting the letter size scanned. I mailed it and then the person who receives it called to let me know is cut in letter size instead of legal size,...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan - suddenly shrinks attachment size when sending faxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Fax and Scan - suddenly shrinks attachment size when sending faxes: Hi We scan documents on our scanner Xerox Documate. 8.5 by 11 image into PDF file. We use Windows 10 Fax and Scan external modem USB Robotics to create our cover page and attach the PDF file to fax to our head office. This has worked for years. Just this week,...
  5. Windows Fax | Forward as email grayed out

Windows Fax | Forward as email grayed out: I am running Windows 1903 (Also did not work on 1809). I have tried installing Office 2010, 2016, 2019. Each time setting my default email client to Outlook. Still, in Windows Fax and Scan the forward as email button is grayed out....
  6. windows 10 fax and scan "forward as email" option grayed out?

windows 10 fax and scan "forward as email" option grayed out?: I find references to this issue dated in 2015 but no real solution to the problem and no recent comments or updates. I use the Windows 10 Mail app and use Outlook.com as mail client linked in. I know I can save an item as a file and then attach to an email, but we...
  7. Paper sizes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Paper sizes: I'm running Windows 10; I have an HP Officejet 7610. I've been using an old version of Adobe Photoshop Essentials (on an old Dell laptop---incredibly slow). I just subscribed to Adobe Photoshop (as the software doesn't seem to be available on CD anymore) With my old...
  8. scanning papers

scanning papers: Could you recommend me how to scan papers and send them to the laptop? I have Canon inkjet printer and HP laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scanning-papers/386174a6-56ef-4970-9afd-94a03575b386
  9. windows scan and fax

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows scan and fax: Windows scan and fax permission by Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-scan-and-fax/f3bdae21-3dc3-4a7f-8f2d-7b56d78637a2"
  10. Windows fax and scan

Windows fax and scan: Why can we not scan to PDF. using the Windows fax and scan software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-fax-and-scan/8c8c6b51-14b6-45d4-a267-43d3c9b1998a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows fax and scan change page size

2. windows fax and scan paper size

3. why is document size grayed in Windows Fax and Scan

4. windows fax and scan paper size greyed out