Windows 10: Windows Fax and Scan - suddenly shrinks attachment size when sending faxes

Discus and support Windows Fax and Scan - suddenly shrinks attachment size when sending faxes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi We scan documents on our scanner Xerox Documate. 8.5 by 11 image into PDF file. We use Windows 10 Fax and Scan external modem USB Robotics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlanHern, Jan 29, 2020.

1. AlanHern Win User

Windows Fax and Scan - suddenly shrinks attachment size when sending faxes

Hi

We scan documents on our scanner Xerox Documate. 8.5 by 11 image into PDF file. We use Windows 10 Fax and Scan external modem USB Robotics to create our cover page and attach the PDF file to fax to our head office. This has worked for years. Just this week, the Preview of the fax to be sent and actual faxes sent shows us that the attachment is shrunk to a very small page. The small page is unreadable when printed or faxed to head office. The PDF can be printed normally and there is nothing wrong with the PDF image. when it attaches to a fax, it shrinks the size of the attachment.

Help. This changed suddenly. Win10 is up to date updates. Adobe acrobat reader up to date.

Windows Fax and Scan - suddenly shrinks attachment size when sending faxes 6f0ac08d-a778-4b05-91e8-ea7a97d73a74?upload=true.jpg Windows Fax and Scan - suddenly shrinks attachment size when sending faxes 56d2758b-67b9-4027-84c9-c686f61dbfa4?upload=true.jpg

:)

AlanHern, Jan 29, 2020

2. Windows Fax and Scan no longer attaches PDF files from our scanner -

I had to completely unistall fax modem and fax and scan. Reinstalled thru Fax CD, reinstalled Fax Phone Tools and then fax and scan. Painful but now working. Weird how it would send faxes but NOT Receive them.

Solved

frustratedatfax, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Windows Fax and Scan no longer attaches PDF files from our scanner -

Hi

Now can not receive faxes to our office. Uninstalled Windows 10 Feature Fax and Scan and re-installed. I set the default program for TIFF files to Photos? is that what Windows 10 Fax and Scan uses to receive faxes in? I can send faxes out with or without PDF files attached.

Need help to get fax software working again. suggestions?????

Al

frustratedatfax, Jan 29, 2020
  4. gordon99 Win User

Emailing from Windows Fax and Scan.

My daughter, whose laptop O/S is Windows 10 Pro, has run into the following problem when using Windows Fax and Scan. Her default email client is eM Client but when she tries to send a scanned document as an attachment, Fax and Scan opens Microsoft Outlook which is overlaid with an error message which indicates she is not licensed to use Outlook. Fax and Scan should, of course, open eM Client. She has to save the scanned document., open eM Client , then attach the saved document to an email. This, therefore, involves an annoying extra step.

How can Outlook and its error message be prevented from opening up from Fax and Scan and eM Client substituted please?

gordon99, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Fax and Scan - suddenly shrinks attachment size when sending faxes - Similar Threads - Fax Scan suddenly

2. Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...: For quite a long time now, we cannot send faxes via Windows Fax and Scan to any machine/server that answers the call without ringing but immediately answers with a fax tone. Our end will never initiate the send and returns a "No Answer" response. I can always manually send...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan tries to print when I try to send a fax with a USB modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan tries to print when I try to send a fax with a USB modem: I bought a USB modem and connected it to my Windows 11 PC. It shows up in the device manager, but when I type in the phone number and all the info and click send, it brings me to the print menu to select a printer. I'm not trying to print though....
  4. Windows Fax and Scan send failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan send failure: We have experienced an issue for quite some time now and cannot find any solution. Not only that, but I also cannot even find a single post anywhere where someone else is asking for help with this particular issue. If our fax server calls a fax number and the receiving number...
  5. Windows Fax and Scan send failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan send failure: We have experienced an issue for quite some time now and cannot find any solution. Not only that, but I also cannot even find a single post anywhere where someone else is asking for help with this particular issue. If our fax server calls a fax number and the receiving number...
  6. Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes: Hello, I've got a client whose computer is unable to send faxes. She's never used Windows fax and scan on her computer before so I can't say if this is a new problem or if it's been around for a while. She can setup an account in the windows fax and scan program without...
  7. Windows FAX & SCAN erratic send.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows FAX & SCAN erratic send.: Some receiving machines do not recognise a Windows FAX and the "send" times out with Fax Monitor error "-- -- failed to respond ." I know there is a connection as I hear dial out and opening chatter from recipients machine. The occurance of a FAX not being sent is...
  8. Fax and Scan not working for fax

Fax and Scan not working for fax: I have a Zoom V.92 56K USB Mini External Fax Modem Model 3095, connected to a Dell workstation USB port, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Xfinity Internet phone service. When I first got the modem a month or so ago it worked fine. Today it errors out with an "unexpected error" and...
  9. fax & scan

fax & scan: scanner is not download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/fax-scan/f331aec1-bb53-4dc4-b709-e4314a616b89
  10. Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Support
    Fax and Scan: Since upgrading to Win 10, I am unable to see previously sent faxes in Windows Fax and Scan that I made under Win 7. This had the Fax account folder set to a location on my data partition, which remains untouched. Even though I point my new Win 10 WFS account to the same data...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows fax and scan cannot find scanner

2. windows 10 fax and scan driver