Windows 10: Windows fax and Scan

Discus and support Windows fax and Scan in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new dell desktop PC, with Windows 10, because my old PC ran Windows 7. A Dell technician came to my house to set up my PC, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Larry and Betty Mendolia, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Windows fax and Scan

I recently purchased a new dell desktop PC, with Windows 10, because my old PC ran Windows 7. A Dell technician came to my house to set up my PC, and migrated my date from the old to the new. It included several programs from the old PC, including Windows Fax and Scan (MSFax).

I see that, on the new PC, I have MSFax, and when I open it I see that al of the fax addresses transferred from the old PC. BUT, none of my "Sent Items", previous faxes I sent on the old PC, did not transfer over into "Sent Items" on the new MSFax.

I had this problem on a previous new-PC purchase, so I copied the Sent Items from the old MSFax into a folder on my desktop. So, I DO have copies of those old faxes. I can easily work around this, and simply refer to this file in My Documents, whenever I need a copy of an old fax. But, for convenience, I would like to move them into the new MSFax program.

I have found where MSFax says it holds its files -- c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\WindowsNT\MSFax --- and there is a folder named MSFax. BUT, I cannot drag-and-drop files into it. In fact, when speaking with Dell tech Support, they had me send a fax on the new MSFax, and in MSFax it shows the fax location on the PC at that same location. BUT, I cannot open that file.

Logically, I should be able to find the location where MSFax saves its files (like sent items), and unless the format of the program or the files themselves, has changed from Win 7 to Win 10, I should be able to drag-and-drop old faxes into the new sent item location. BUT, I can't, I can't even open the location where the fax I sent is supposed to be.

Any ideas? I thought about uninstalling and reinstalling Windows fax and Scan, to see if that would fix it. BUT, I am afraid that I will lose all of the addresses in the fax program.

I would appreciate any suggestions, or remedies, for this.

:)

Larry and Betty Mendolia, Oct 27, 2019

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Oct 27, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows fax and Scan

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows fax and Scan

1. Windows fax and Scan - Similar Threads - fax Scan

2. Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax: HP 3830 printer. Win 10:I can scan a using the HPsmart program. However when I try from Windows Scan and Fax, it says there is no scanner. Going to Printers and Scanners shows the scanner part of Printer is OFFline.ANy ideas ?Thanks Ron...
  3. Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax: HP 3830 printer. Win 10:I can scan a using the HPsmart program. However when I try from Windows Scan and Fax, it says there is no scanner. Going to Printers and Scanners shows the scanner part of Printer is OFFline.ANy ideas ?Thanks Ron...
  4. Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't find Windows Fax and Scan on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find Windows Fax and Scan on Windows 11: Greetings all,I have been seeing on new Windows 11 devices that I am deploying that Windows Fax and Scan is not included in the optional features. I have run through countless forums trying all the things I see and no luck. It is not in Optional Features under Print and...
  6. Can't find Windows Fax and Scan on Windows 11

Can't find Windows Fax and Scan on Windows 11: Greetings all,I have been seeing on new Windows 11 devices that I am deploying that Windows Fax and Scan is not included in the optional features. I have run through countless forums trying all the things I see and no luck. It is not in Optional Features under Print and...
  7. windows fax and scan not working. Message "Could not complete scan". Please advise.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows fax and scan not working. Message "Could not complete scan". Please advise.: Windows Fax and Scan not working. Message when attempt to use scanner is, "Could not complete scan". Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax-and-scan-not-working-message-could-not/80b91376-c044-4451-a1d7-de220f1ab817
  8. windows fax and scan not working. Message "Could not complete scan". Please advise.

windows fax and scan not working. Message "Could not complete scan". Please advise.: Windows Fax and Scan not working. Message when attempt to use scanner is, "Could not complete scan". Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax-and-scan-not-working-message-could-not/80b91376-c044-4451-a1d7-de220f1ab817
  9. windows fax and scan not working. Message "Could not complete scan". Please advise.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Where can I find fax and scan App for win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find fax and scan App for win 11: Where can I find fax and scan App for win 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-fax-and-scan-app-for-win-11/8eabebe5-5e97-4c00-a7bf-2ccaf873b36d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fax and scanner scanner

2. Windows Fax and Scan

3. windows 10 scan and fax app cannot detect scanner

4. why does it say no scanners detacted,
  5. windows fax and scan driver for windows 10