Windows 10: Windows Fax - No Rings Sound

Discus and support Windows Fax - No Rings Sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In case you don't expect it, plenty of businesses and organizations still use faxes, and for many tasks with no alternative ways to submit documents. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sambul72, Sep 18, 2018.

1. sambul72 Win User

Windows Fax - No Rings Sound

In case you don't expect it, plenty of businesses and organizations still use faxes, and for many tasks with no alternative ways to submit documents. I used Venta Fax software for years to send and receive faxes on a Windows PC, and never had the issue of no sound. Recently tried Windows Fax and Scan app on a latest Win 10 64-bit PC, and faced this problem. It sends and receives faxes OK, but when sending faxes via my Conexant USB Data Fax Modem, there is no audio playback of fax rings via PC speakers: neither the outgoing PC fax ringing, no the destination fax reply rings and documents transmit sound. Faxes of course work, play rings and communicate to establish connection and receive faxes, but the rings won't sound through PC speakers.

Its very annoying to observe total silence at sending faxes. How I can enable sending and replying fax rings playback through default Windows speakers? Found nothing on the web and in Help about it. In Tools - Fax Settings - Tracking all Sound Options are enabled by default, but even there I can't find the option to play outgoing and receiving faxes rings exchange.

:)

sambul72, Sep 18, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Windows Fax  - No Rings Sound :p

cadaveca, Sep 18, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Windows Fax - No Rings Sound

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows Fax - No Rings Sound

1. Windows Fax - No Rings Sound - Similar Threads - Fax Rings Sound

2. ringing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ringing: my laptop is making a ringing sound and i dont know what to do, what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ringing/3dbb55b7-0288-460d-b7b9-83d0d77101bf
  3. Windows Fax?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Fax?: How do I use Windows 10 Fax? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax/c0d5cdd3-0aad-47a1-aa88-0b04dafe5e34
  4. Ring Sound in my microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ring Sound in my microphone: i am having problems with my mic, there is a ring sound coming from it and no audio is being outputted. My built in mic had the same problem but after i reinstalled the driver it it works, but some applications are bugged out. After looking into the problem i was told that...
  5. Change ring sound

Change ring sound: Hi, I've recently set up the Your Phone companion app on Windows 10 PC and have it setup with Bluetooth to connect to my android phone. It makes and receives calls fine without any issue but I was just wondering if anyone knows a way to change the ringtone on it for when I...
  6. Phone ringing sound

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Phone ringing sound: Hello, this morning when I logged onto my laptop a loud phone ringing sounded. It was about 5 minutes after the initial log-in, and rang 2 full rings, then one ring that was cut off as if it had been answered. This has never happened before, and I am perplexed as to what...
  7. WINDOWS FAXING

WINDOWS FAXING: We have installed An HP Enterprise M527 MFP in a medical clinic - 12 doctors who need to fax from their desk. The M527 does not support LDAP for fax numbers, only emails. So using the windows fax, the database of numbers is on each PC and does not globally update or hold a...
  8. Windows Fax - No Audio Rings

Windows Fax - No Audio Rings: I used Venta Fax software for years to send and receive faxes on a Windows PC, and never had this issue. Recently tried Windows Fax and Scan package on a latest Win 10 64-bit PC, and faced this problem. It sends and receives faxes OK, but when sending faxes via my Conexant...
  9. Windows Fax Audio Rings

Windows Fax Audio Rings: I used Venta Fax software for years to send and receive faxes on a Windows PC, and never had this issue. Recently tried Windows Fax and Scan package on a latest Win 10 64-bit PC, and faced this problem. It sends and receives faxes OK, but when sending faxes via my Conexant...
  10. Delay outgoing fax in Windows fax and scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delay outgoing fax in Windows fax and scan: I am using Windows fax and scan to send and receive faxes all the time. Sometimes the incoming faxes are bumped by outgoing faxes. I was wondering if there is a way to enable the option to have the outgoing faxes sent out at later time, i. e. evening hours? Thanks....