Windows 10: Windows Fax & Scan - Change Save Folder?

Discus and support Windows Fax & Scan - Change Save Folder? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want Windows Fax & Scan to save scans to a folder of my choosing. Can this be done since I don't see an option from the program menu? 80194 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steve C, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Steve C Win User

Windows Fax & Scan - Change Save Folder?

I want Windows Fax & Scan to save scans to a folder of my choosing. Can this be done since I don't see an option from the program menu?

:)

Steve C, Mar 24, 2017

2. multiple pages in one file

How can I scan a four page document and save it as one file using Windows Fax & Scan?

NinaHaynes, Mar 24, 2017
  3. Windows Fax and Scan

I have done the troubleshoot more than once, I have uninstalled modem and reinstalled it, I have taken taken driver for the modem back to original and have left windows update up date the driver. Like I said, when a fax is coming in it will tell you who
    the fax is coming in from, but it will not tell you who it is from in the inbox of the Windows fax & scan. This is why I fell it is a problem in Windows Fax & Scan, which I have also disabled and re-enabled. I only use Windows Fax & Scans for faxes.

DaleNeumeier, Mar 24, 2017
  4. howellpm Win User

Does 'tools' 'scan routing' offer a solution ?

howellpm, Jul 1, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    I know this is a different UWP program but Microsoft's newer Windows Scan does allow you to choose the save location. Mum uses it all the time.

swarfega, Jul 1, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    "I want Windows Fax & Scan to save scans to a folder of my choosing. "

I believe this works like 'MS Print to PDF' so it defaults to last used location. With printers, if you uncheck the option to 'Let Windows manage my default printer', you can manage the default thru Control Panel. You might try opting out to see if the setting carries over to scanner management. Easy enough to try. Good Luck.

mrgeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Fax & Scan - Change Save Folder? - Similar Threads - Fax Scan Change

2. How to change the "Save As" folder in Windows Fax & Scan?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the "Save As" folder in Windows Fax & Scan?: When I scan something using Windows Fax and Scan, I always want to save the scan with a new name and in a different folder than the default "Scanned Documents" folder. But I always have to select the different folder. The application will not remember where I want to "Save...
  3. How to change the "Save As" folder in Windows Fax & Scan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the "Save As" folder in Windows Fax & Scan?: When I scan something using Windows Fax and Scan, I always want to save the scan with a new name and in a different folder than the default "Scanned Documents" folder. But I always have to select the different folder. The application will not remember where I want to "Save...
  4. How to change the "Save As" folder in Windows Fax & Scan?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. In Windows Fax and Scan, how do I remove the prompt to save changes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows Fax and Scan, how do I remove the prompt to save changes?: In Windows Fax and Scan, how do I remove the prompt to save changes when closing the window of a new fax?The prompt is: Looking for a regedit or setting to skip this. Thanks!...
  6. In Windows Fax and Scan, how do I remove the prompt to save changes?

In Windows Fax and Scan, how do I remove the prompt to save changes?: In Windows Fax and Scan, how do I remove the prompt to save changes when closing the window of a new fax?The prompt is: Looking for a regedit or setting to skip this. Thanks!...
  7. In Windows Fax and Scan, how do I remove the prompt to save changes?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. windows scan and fax

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows scan and fax: Windows scan and fax permission by Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-scan-and-fax/f3bdae21-3dc3-4a7f-8f2d-7b56d78637a2"
  9. Windows fax and scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows fax and scan: Why can we not scan to PDF. using the Windows fax and scan software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-fax-and-scan/8c8c6b51-14b6-45d4-a267-43d3c9b1998a
  10. Windows10 fax and Scan folders

Windows10 fax and Scan folders: Clean re-install of W10. Stuff restored from backup. In W Fax and scan, while the appdata folder has loads of sent faxes in it I cannot find a way to display them in the programme nor can I find where my fax contacts would be stored.. I have reset owner/permissions etc (I...