Windows 10: Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

Discus and support Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to stop Windows Fax & Scan from converting received faxes to .pdf files? I can watch the file show up as a .tif file then in a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John C.Baird, May 31, 2022.

1. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

Does anyone know how to stop Windows Fax & Scan from converting received faxes to .pdf files? I can watch the file show up as a .tif file then in a few seconds the file is converted to a .pdf. Windows Fax & Scan is running on a server and saves a copy of incoming faxes to a folder on the server which is shared on the network. When Fax and Scan saves the copy to the folder the file is being converted to a .pdf and I need it to stay as a .tif. Does anyone have any suggestions of what setting to check or how to prevent the .tif from being converted to a .pdf? Thanks in advance!

:)

John C.Baird, May 31, 2022
  2. YOD
    Yod Win User

Windows 10 will not send fax - wants a tif file!?

I scanned a few documents as jpegs. I want to use Windows 10 fax and scan, and now get this message

Windows can't fax or preview the attached file type. Try installing a program that allows you to print .tif files, save the attached file as a .tif file, and then try again.

What?!

I can convert them to tif files - which is very tedious, and then they're TOO BIG to fax

And then when it fails, I have to do the WHOLE thing over again

Why can't I fax a jpeg? I used to be able to do this.

I also need to fax multiple page pdfs. Will WFS be able to do this?

I REALLY need to get this working asap.

3. Windows Fax and Scan no longer attaches PDF files from our scanner -

Upograded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 over weekend. Windows fax and scan (with external modem) used to attach any document PDF, word, etc and fax to the fax number. This worked in Windows 7 without any changes. It attached any file, PDF, Word, EXCEL and faxed it.

Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf [​IMG]

Error messages is Windows can't fax or preview the attached file type. try installing a program that allows you to print .tif files and save the attached file as a .TIF, then try again.

Now get Windows fax and scan cant fax or preview attached file type. PDF file. The scan function does have our scanner xerox documate 262i (TWAIN Compliant) but we never used the scan function of windows fax and scan before. We scanned documents with out scanner, then attached the PDF file to our fax and it converted it and faxed it.

The SCAN Function of Windows Fax and SCAN does not work, don't know if it worked before.

Desperate to fax PDF files from our scanner folder again! Please help

frustratedatfax, May 31, 2022
  4. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

Faxing PDF files with windows 10 fax and scan

I have made no system changes except the installation of standard Windows updates

When trying to fax a 185KB PDF text file I get the following error message

Windows can’t fax or preview the attached file type. Try installing a program that allows you to print .tif files,

save the attached file as a .tif and then try again.

This only occurs with pdf files

Microsoft tells me my system is up to date .... as far as I can tell, there are no drivers specific to scan and fax

Donald2127, May 31, 2022
Thema:

Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

1. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf - Similar Threads - Fax Scan converting

2. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer able to print received fax

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan - No longer able to print received fax: HelloWe admin a Fax Server on a Windows Server 2019 and have 30 Client-PCs with Windows 10 Pro who use the "Windows Fax and Scan" Software to access the facsimiles. Since around 16.09.2022 we are no longer able to print the received fax messages. Not from the client PCs and...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax: HelloWe admin a Fax Server on a Windows Server 2019 and have 30 Client-PCs with Windows 10 Pro who use the "Windows Fax and Scan" Software to access the facsimiles. Since around 16.09.2022 we are no longer able to print the received fax messages. Not from the client PCs and...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax: HelloWe admin a Fax Server on a Windows Server 2019 and have 30 Client-PCs with Windows 10 Pro who use the "Windows Fax and Scan" Software to access the facsimiles. Since around 16.09.2022 we are no longer able to print the received fax messages. Not from the client PCs and...
  5. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf: Does anyone know how to stop Windows Fax & Scan from converting received faxes to .pdf files? I can watch the file show up as a .tif file then in a few seconds the file is converted to a .pdf. Windows Fax & Scan is running on a server and saves a copy of incoming faxes to a...
  6. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf: Does anyone know how to stop Windows Fax & Scan from converting received faxes to .pdf files? I can watch the file show up as a .tif file then in a few seconds the file is converted to a .pdf. Windows Fax & Scan is running on a server and saves a copy of incoming faxes to a...
  7. Why does Windows 10 Fax and Scan persist in scanning documents in .tif format and not .pdf...

Why does Windows 10 Fax and Scan persist in scanning documents in .tif format and not .pdf...: I cannot understand why Windows still scans only to ".tif" and does not have an option to scan to ".pdf". Can the the Windows software in this day and age not be upgraded to allow scanning directly to .pdf? It is an unnecessary cumbersome and irritating process to have...
  8. Faxed TIF Files

Faxed TIF Files: Hello - I cannot open any Faxes that have been sent as a TIF file. I have tried to save it as word, pdf and jpeg without success. I have downloaded file software that claims to open TIF files also. I've read some "solutions" in the community but they are very old. I...
  9. Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan

Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan: How does one scan documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan? In the event that the App does not have this function, which free third-party apps would be most compatible with Windows 10? Please advise....
  10. Windows Fax and Scan not printing to pdf

Windows Fax and Scan not printing to pdf: When I open windows Fax and Scan to fax a document I end up with a file that won't open. Here is what I do: Open Fax and Scan I select Document/ Feeder/ Black and White/ and leave file type set at TIF I scan the document then select Print. I then select Microsoft Print to...