Windows 10: Windows Fax & Scan Does Not Connect to My Fax Modem

Discus and support Windows Fax & Scan Does Not Connect to My Fax Modem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've uninstalled and reinstalled my fax modem driver. Device Manager shows it as "LSI PCI-SV92PP Soft Modem." And "This device is working properly."... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by compupix, Jan 22, 2018.

1. compupix Win User

Windows Fax & Scan Does Not Connect to My Fax Modem

I've uninstalled and reinstalled my fax modem driver.
    Device Manager shows it as "LSI PCI-SV92PP Soft Modem." And "This device is working properly."
    From within Windows Fax & Scan:
    I've tried adding an account to the Fax Accounts list.
    I cannot connect to my fax modem from:There are currently no modems installed on this computer. If you want to send and receive faxes using a modem attached to this computer, you need at least one modem installed. Do you want to install a new modem?"Windows was unable to detect any modems."
    I've tried selecting "Standard 56000 bps Modem" & "Standard PCMCIA Card Modem" from the "Standard Modem Types" list. And no ports are displayed in the "On which ports do you want to install it" list.
    Thanks!

:)

compupix, Jan 22, 2018

2. Windows Fax & Scan STOPS working after 11-17-17 Windows 10 update (Build 1709), all faxes are GONE!

After my 11-17-17 Windows 10 update (Build 1709), I discovered the Windows Fax and Scan program no longer works. My fax account (within the program) was
    purged & all faxes are gone. I went to "Phone and Modem" and query the modem...works fine. I try to set up a new fax acct and get
    "To send a fax, you must first connect to a fax modem or server." I have uninstalled & reinstalled the modem, queried again...works fine but "Fax and Scan" will not
    recognize the modem. I have done multiple reboots....nothing works!

Please help!

STEVEB_1000, Jan 22, 2018
  3. Create a fax account

In Windows 10, I cannot create a Fax account thus I cannot use my analog modem to send faxes. When opening Windows fax and scan and trying to go – tools – Fax accounts –Add –Fax set up – Connect to a fax modem – Choose a modem name, than the program is not
    responding and it is stuck.

Same hardware worked perfectly on Windows 7.

Does anyone have a solution to this situation?

Emmanuel Pladott, Jan 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows Fax & Scan Does Not Connect to My Fax Modem

1. Windows Fax & Scan Does Not Connect to My Fax Modem - Similar Threads - Fax Scan Does

2. Windows Fax and Scan/Modem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan/Modem: I used to be able to fax from this computer using Windows Fax and Scan, but no more. Now, when I try, I get the setup page and it tells me there is no modem. Under Phone and Modem, it indicates I have LSI PCI-SV92EX, Attached to: Not Present. What do I need to do to resume...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan/Modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan/Modem: I used to be able to fax from this computer using Windows Fax and Scan, but no more. Now, when I try, I get the setup page and it tells me there is no modem. Under Phone and Modem, it indicates I have LSI PCI-SV92EX, Attached to: Not Present. What do I need to do to resume...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan/Modem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Fax and Scan does not recognize my fax modem.

Windows Fax and Scan does not recognize my fax modem.: I have been using Windows Fax and Scan for several years. Recently I have not received any faxes. When I check the settings of my computer my fax modem is present in Device Manager and seems to be working correctly. When I tell Fax and Scan to send a fax it says I need a fax...
  6. Windows 10 fax and scan does not detect modem

Windows 10 fax and scan does not detect modem: Device manager says the Conexant USB CX93010 ACF Modem is working properly, latest drivers installed. Window Fax and Scan tools - fax settings lists the modem. However, when I go to compose a fax, it says connect to a modem, then no modem detected. I've run the hardware...
  7. Windows Fax & Scan <=> Modem Connection Problems

Windows Fax & Scan <=> Modem Connection Problems: Windows Fax & Scan can’t talk to my modem. Symptoms: Fax and Scan says that it encountered an unexpected error when trying to send a fax. Modem Log 02-15-2019 15:45:24.783 - Initializing modem. 02-15-2019 15:45:24.794 - Send: AT<cr> 02-15-2019 15:45:24.881 - Recv:...
  8. Multiple fax Modems on Windows Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple fax Modems on Windows Fax and Scan: How many fax modems are supported on Windows Fax and Scan? I have two modems connected to Windows 10 Pro and I can connect to either one but not both. After I connect to either one the option to add a connection to a local modem is not available....
  9. fax modem

fax modem: I have a Lenovo H520s - Intel G2020 2.9 GHZ - 4 gigs RAM and 1T hard drive. Running Windows 10. I assumed that it came with a fax modem and I tried to set up the fax and scan but the set up wizard can not find any modem. Is it just not installed or do I not have one? How do I...
  10. fax modem and fax service

fax modem and fax service: Hi there. Got a Conexant USB modem CX93010 ACF. Yesterday, after the upgrade to Win 10, I was able to receive faxes, but there is no log being kept, no faxes saved as it was with Win 8.1. It just prints them out. Today it does no longer receive them. Sending has not been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fax and scan scanner not connected

2. win 10 fax modem wont connect

3. do I need to add the account for my server for in windows fax and scan

4. windows fax and scan app wont identify my modem,
  5. windows fax and scan will not connect to modem but it is working,
  6. windows scan and fax wont connect to modem,
  7. To send a fax you must first connect to a fax modem or server,
  8. windows fax scanner is not connected,
  9. Windows fax and scan will not conntect to my fax modem on