Windows 10: Windows FAX & SCAN erratic send.

Discus and support Windows FAX & SCAN erratic send. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Some receiving machines do not recognise a Windows FAX and the "send" times out with Fax Monitor error "-- -- failed to respond ." I know there is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by J. B.M, Mar 16, 2020.

1. J. B.M Win User

Windows FAX & SCAN erratic send.

Some receiving machines do not recognise a Windows FAX and the "send" times out with Fax Monitor error "-- -- failed to respond ." I know there is a connection as I hear dial out and opening chatter from recipients machine.

The occurance of a FAX not being sent is consistant with those recipients while there is no problem with other recipients.

The subject is Faxes over landline using a fax\talk modem

:)

J. B.M, Mar 16, 2020
  2. MLOUROB Win User

Erratic Scan Issue

If you have not done so suggest you run the software removal tools for AVG and any other antivirus program that was ever on the computer to include a trial version of McAfee, Norton, whatever that may have on the computer when
    it was purchased.
    List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

I have only used AVG on my computer. I don’t think there are trial versions of other antivirus programs, I uncheck these options when downloading softwar.

I did find a McAfee folder under Programs, it was empty and I deleted folder.

Is it critical to use the AVG removal tools?

Howtogeek.com suggests using Malwarebytes with Defender, is this necessary?

You might also want to review http://www.howtogeek.com/220232/how-to-use-the-built-in-windows-defender-antivirus-on-windows-10/ Good
    article but ignore the ads
    !

I found the howtogeek site last week and the information on Defender has been very helpful.

Window Defender periodically runs an “automatic” Quick Scan every week or ten days on my Win 10 and notifies me after doing so with an unobtrusive message from the right lower corner of the taskbar.

My version of Defender hasn’t notified me yet but I only set it up 5 days ago.
    It has found Hacktool:Win32 on March 22nd and 23rd and say it is Medium level.

You mentioned “erratic scans” and spontaneous shutdowns. Are these shutdowns/reboots occurring during default automatic scans (see above) or during scheduled or manual scans that you are conducting?

“Erratic scans” is probably not the cause of my daily shut downs.
    Shut downs started November 2017 (shortly after installing Office 2016) and I was using AVG not Defender.
    I was grasping at a straw when I saw erratic scans because I’m having erratic shut downs.

MLOUROB, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Erratic Scan Issue

If you have not done so suggest you run the software removal tools for AVG and any other antivirus program that was ever on the computer to include a trial version of McAfee, Norton, whatever that may have on the computer when it
    was purchased. List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

You might also want to review http://www.howtogeek.com/220232/how-to-use-the-built-in-windows-defender-antivirus-on-windows-10/ Good
    article but ignore the ads!

Window Defender periodically runs an “automatic” Quick Scan every week or ten days on my Win 10 and notifies me after doing so with a unobtrusive message from the right lower corner of the taskbar.

You mentioned “erratic scans” and spontaneous shutdowns. Are these shutdowns/reboots occurring during default automatic scans (see above) or during scheduled or manual scans that you are conducting?

Regards...

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Windows FAX & SCAN erratic send.

scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows FAX & SCAN erratic send.

1. Windows FAX & SCAN erratic send. - Similar Threads - FAX SCAN erratic

2. change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?: how do i change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents? windows 10 home, 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-location-that-fax-and-scan/54b38627-5360-4bcf-9ffa-2eb4ce6e7bac
  3. change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?: how do i change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents? windows 10 home, 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-location-that-fax-and-scan/54b38627-5360-4bcf-9ffa-2eb4ce6e7bac
  4. Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...: For quite a long time now, we cannot send faxes via Windows Fax and Scan to any machine/server that answers the call without ringing but immediately answers with a fax tone. Our end will never initiate the send and returns a "No Answer" response. I can always manually send...
  5. Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...

Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...: For quite a long time now, we cannot send faxes via Windows Fax and Scan to any machine/server that answers the call without ringing but immediately answers with a fax tone. Our end will never initiate the send and returns a "No Answer" response. I can always manually send...
  6. Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Fax and Scan send failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan send failure: We have experienced an issue for quite some time now and cannot find any solution. Not only that, but I also cannot even find a single post anywhere where someone else is asking for help with this particular issue. If our fax server calls a fax number and the receiving number...
  8. Windows Fax and Scan send failure

Windows Fax and Scan send failure: We have experienced an issue for quite some time now and cannot find any solution. Not only that, but I also cannot even find a single post anywhere where someone else is asking for help with this particular issue. If our fax server calls a fax number and the receiving number...
  9. Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes: Hello, I've got a client whose computer is unable to send faxes. She's never used Windows fax and scan on her computer before so I can't say if this is a new problem or if it's been around for a while. She can setup an account in the windows fax and scan program without...
  10. Windows Fax and Scan - suddenly shrinks attachment size when sending faxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Fax and Scan - suddenly shrinks attachment size when sending faxes: Hi We scan documents on our scanner Xerox Documate. 8.5 by 11 image into PDF file. We use Windows 10 Fax and Scan external modem USB Robotics to create our cover page and attach the PDF file to fax to our head office. This has worked for years. Just this week,...