Windows 10: Windows Feature and Cumulative Updates

Discus and support Windows Feature and Cumulative Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC uses Windows 10/1903, AV = Avast, Firewall = ZoneAlarm Lengthy updates - Cumulative and Feature etc. which take a very long time to complete.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Terry. O, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Terry. O Win User

Windows Feature and Cumulative Updates

My PC uses Windows 10/1903, AV = Avast, Firewall = ZoneAlarm

Lengthy updates - Cumulative and Feature etc. which take a very long time to complete.

The basic functions of a Firewall and AV are to prevent intrusions and changes to the system.
    My ZoneAlarm Firewall is particularly aggressive with any system interference and my Avast AV is very meticulous.

Question ?

Are Windows updates programmed to disable both these security features before update installation and they re-enable on system restart ?

I cannot see any reason why Windows system updates should get a free ride past these security programs when everything else does not. Makes no sense at all.

:)

Terry. O, Oct 15, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

June 2016 Cumulative Update impacted my Desktop

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to uninstall the Cumulative update and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Go to control panel, then click on
      Programs and Features.

• Tap on View installed updates, then find the update.

• Right click on the update and uninstall the update.

And also you can temporarily disable the
    Cumulative update.

Refer the link below.

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Anyone else having problems getting the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) installed? This update has been failing for me & doing a failed to update after downloading & reboot, then rebooting & removing the update.

V 10.0 build 10240

broken pixel, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Windows Feature and Cumulative Updates

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I think today's windows update(stable channel) solves d issue

Cumulative Update KB4020102 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.332

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.

Sai Sreekantt M, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Feature and Cumulative Updates

1. Windows Feature and Cumulative Updates - Similar Threads - Feature Cumulative Updates

2. Cumulative Update Preview and feature updates interferes with internet connectivity until...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative Update Preview and feature updates interferes with internet connectivity until...: I am wondering why I get reports of computer slowdowns and connectivity issues every time a Cumulative Update Preview or feature updates are waiting to be downloaded and installed? After the install everything goes back to normal. It has become my first question replacing...
  3. Cumulative Update Preview and feature updates interferes with internet connectivity until...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cumulative Update Preview and feature updates interferes with internet connectivity until...: I am wondering why I get reports of computer slowdowns and connectivity issues every time a Cumulative Update Preview or feature updates are waiting to be downloaded and installed? After the install everything goes back to normal. It has become my first question replacing...
  4. Cumulative Update Preview and feature updates interferes with internet connectivity until...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Are the biannual feature updates cumulative?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are the biannual feature updates cumulative?: Five or so years ago I had bought a copy of windows 10 for my laptop, and recently I decided it was time to wipe and reload the OS. The ISO that I had purchased is build 1607. Would I be missing any features if I jumped ahead to installing the most recent feature version, or...
  6. Are the biannual feature updates cumulative?

Are the biannual feature updates cumulative?: Five or so years ago I had bought a copy of windows 10 for my laptop, and recently I decided it was time to wipe and reload the OS. The ISO that I had purchased is build 1607. Would I be missing any features if I jumped ahead to installing the most recent feature version, or...
  7. Are the biannual feature updates cumulative?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Cumulative and Feature Updates default bandwidth limited to 50%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cumulative and Feature Updates default bandwidth limited to 50%: Ever since Version 2004 or there abouts, I've noticed my CU downloads being throttled back to 50% even though I had set no limits under Settings > Update & Security > Delivery Optimization > Advanced Options > Download Settings. Naturally thinking the (●) Absolute bandwidth...
  9. Cumulative and Feature updates fail

Cumulative and Feature updates fail: I've tried all the basic run as admin, check windows update settings fixes to they and get these updates to run. I'm on 1903 but we have had this issue since 1609 where we can't update to the new version or get cumulative updates. So I am hoping someone here can shed some...
  10. UUPdump: Feature or Cumulative update?

UUPdump: Feature or Cumulative update?: Greetings. I'd like to do a fresh installation using the latest 1909.592 UUPdump build. Unlike previous versions, only the Cumulative updates are offered for v1909. The Feature updates are only available for v1903. 1. What's the difference between the Features and Cumulative...