Windows 10: Windows Feature Update 1903 failure. Tried various times

Discus and support Windows Feature Update 1903 failure. Tried various times in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Will not install update. Always fails at 27% and then comes up undoing changes. Running dell Studio 1749 with SSD and 8gb Ram, obviously running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paul_0619, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Paul_0619 Win User

Windows Feature Update 1903 failure. Tried various times

Will not install update. Always fails at 27% and then comes up undoing changes.

Running dell Studio 1749 with SSD and 8gb Ram, obviously running windows 10 64bit version 1809

Tried Various things

Using admin account

Fully uninstalled anti virus.

Windows update fails every time.

Tried Windows assisatant tools fails everytime

Tried Media creation tool fails everytime, from usb (with or without wifi) or just running.

Carried could the usual, software distrubution folder delete ect.

sfc scannow

All drivers up to date

running media creation tools up with fault :-

0x80070005 - 0x2000A

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during PREPARE_FIRST_BOOT operation

Heard its a issue with ssd ??

:)

Paul_0619, Nov 8, 2019

2. Windows Feature Update 1903

Hi Sara209

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. The steps which you have undertaken to block updates won't work for any feature update. Feature updates need to be blocked temporarily by using different steps.

But, I will suggest that you should not try to stop 1903 feature update. Let it happen.

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help.

Vijay_Verma, Nov 8, 2019
  3. WIndows 10 SECOND_BOOT failure updating to 1903

It was impossible to tell from your initial post whether you could even get into Windows because of all the failure you described. Therefore to be absolutely thorough I gave you how to recover if you couldn't get Windows started.

I also included the check list for overcoming version failures which works from for 90% of those who try the steps.

Please confirm you tried all steps in that check list which works for 90% of the tens of thousands of people who I have helped while building that list. If not then I will continue to help you until the matter is resolved as long as you are polite and cooperative.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Nov 8, 2019
  4. mau3d Win User

RBE feature requests

Well.. at this point I suggest you to have in mind to update that card list. I think it will not take you so much time, and you will save more time in the future by avoid other questions like mine of this morning *Smile Windows Feature Update 1903 failure. Tried various times :).

Another small tip is to add, in that page, the date of the various releases of RBE (close to the release number), and the supported Windows versions (XP, Vista 32bit/64bit and so on). Small things to manage in a more professional way the software information, which I always found very useful *Smile Windows Feature Update 1903 failure. Tried various times :).

Thank you again for your help, and best regards from Italy *Smile Windows Feature Update 1903 failure. Tried various times :)

mau3d, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Feature Update 1903 failure. Tried various times - Similar Threads - Feature Update 1903

2. Windows update 1903 failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 1903 failure: I have a windows 10 home edition in a laptop which is at software level of 1703. When I do windows update, Feature update to windows 10, version 1903 fails during restart with blue screen and the system is automatically reverted back to previous version prior to the...
  3. Feature Update 1903 failed a number of times

Feature Update 1903 failed a number of times: Hi to all, Feature update 1903 has failed repeatedly for months. I've looked at a number of threads on this forum, and tried a number of suggestions, unsuccessfully. If I check for updates, it tries to work on a 1903 update. Disk goes to 100%, and it VERY slowly updates...
  4. Feature Update 1903 failed a number of times

Feature Update 1903 failed a number of times: OK, I've been looking into this problem on and off for a while now, and decided I need some advice. Standard HP desktop, Win10, all updates previously successfull. Symptom. On any restart/reboot, the system stays doesnt hang on the blue screen for many minutes yesterday...
  5. Critical Update Failure for Windows 10 Feature Updates 1809 and 1903.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Critical Update Failure for Windows 10 Feature Updates 1809 and 1903.: Hello there! Just over a week ago, I brought my current machine. It runs perfectly! Upon tying to play Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare/Warzone, I was told I needed to install the latest Windows 10 Feature Update. Much to my surprise, this failed and I haven't been able to...
  6. Failure to Update to 1903

Failure to Update to 1903: Updating to Windows 1903, failure details: 0x1900101 UX failure: Whilst powering up the PC, the PC freezes at the logo (razer). Have to restart multiple times, Automatic repair rolls back the update. Indicative of Driver Failure. Reset to factory, and update. Same failure....
  7. Windows 1903 Update Failure !!

Windows 1903 Update Failure !!: Hello, I am writing this post because for the past one month i am having problem in updating to windows 1903. I am using a HP laptop with a dead battery which doesn't work. Let me tell u where is my problem is happening, everytime it happens in the same place..I am having...
  8. Repeat Failure at Feature Update Win 10 v 1903

Repeat Failure at Feature Update Win 10 v 1903: I have tried probably 10-15 different fixes to get this update to install but it fails each time. I do get the error 0x80070003 but all targeted fixes for this error fail. I am down to the possibility of a PC reset but really don't want to lose all the programs. I can't...
  9. Windows Feature Update 1903

Windows Feature Update 1903: So tonight I noticed that over 7 gbs of my hard space was gone. I regularly check it so it's definitely something I noticed. I checked to see if Windows was trying to update and in fact it was even though I have my updates turned off or it needs to ask before it starts....
  10. Failure to update to 1903

Failure to update to 1903: After many attempts to update my laptop by all the suggested methods I am now a) unable to reset or clean install b) unable to use scannow c) unable to download other updates d) unable to affect a repair My device is apparently compatible but after various...