Windows 10: Windows Feature Update August 2020 deactivates all USB devices, including keyboard and mouse

Discus and support Windows Feature Update August 2020 deactivates all USB devices, including keyboard and mouse in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The most recent August 2020 Feature Update has rendered my computer unuseable. No USB devices work. On boot up, the keyboard and mouse - which work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NicWright, Sep 14, 2020.

1. NicWright Win User

Windows Feature Update August 2020 deactivates all USB devices, including keyboard and mouse

The most recent August 2020 Feature Update has rendered my computer unuseable.

No USB devices work. On boot up, the keyboard and mouse - which work fine in BIOS - suddenly stop working. The mouse LED light goes out, as do the keyboard Num-lock and caps-lock lights.

I have tried rebooting in safe mode - the same happens. No keyboard or mouse. though they worked during the BIOS stage of boot

I booted from a USB stick. I got into the recovery screen. I tried to uninstall the feature update. It didn't work.

The most recent restore point didn't work - it failed.

In the end I had to use a month-old disk image. That worked. I made a restore point, and started installing the various Windows Updates that had been issued since the disk image was made.

But now the computer has re-downloaded the Feature Update, and we are back to square one - no keyboard, mouse, or any other USB functionality.

I rebooted from the USB disk again with a view to using my previously created restore point. But it had been deleted by the Feature Update.

I tried the option to uninstall the Feature Update - it immediately failed and informed me that the update could not be uninstalled.

There is no PS2 sockets on this computer. I cannot use a wireless mouse to access the on-screen keyboard because... the USB sockets don't work once windows loads.

The machine is not configured to allow Remote Desktop.

So what the hell do I do ?

:)

NicWright, Sep 14, 2020

2. keyboard and optical mouse usb

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

• Are you getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting: Keyboards and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/troubleshooting/keyboard/common-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Sep 14, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Windows Feature Update August 2020 deactivates all USB devices, including keyboard and mouse

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Feature Update August 2020 deactivates all USB devices, including keyboard and mouse - Similar Threads - Feature Update August

2. Issue with usb devices such as mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with usb devices such as mouse and keyboard: I am not sure when this happened or what was the cause, however I have recently found out that in order to use some usb devices such as my mouse and keyboard, I would have to restart my computer. Upon start up, the devices can be used however after unplugging my mouse and...
  3. Issue with usb devices such as mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with usb devices such as mouse and keyboard: I am not sure when this happened or what was the cause, however I have recently found out that in order to use some usb devices such as my mouse and keyboard, I would have to restart my computer. Upon start up, the devices can be used however after unplugging my mouse and...
  4. Issue with usb devices such as mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Update issue of August 2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update issue of August 2020: After the latest update on August my laptop was unable to install the update but after troubleshoot for various times it got installed. Just after installation the keyboard and cursor started working weird, the cursor was automatically moving down and automatic typo errors...
  6. Windows 10 update August 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update August 2020: After August 2020 Windows 10 update, desktop will not boot up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-august-2020/02115b17-eceb-42b9-aa81-a202460e755d
  7. Windows Update August 2020

Windows Update August 2020: Since the August 2020 update I have lost all my passwords. To make things worse, if I re-enter a username and password for an account, ask to save it, then later close down ... when I re-open the passwords have been lost again. This is not the first time this issue has...
  8. Cumulative updates - August 11th 2020

Cumulative updates - August 11th 2020: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on August 11th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. Windows 10 2004 -KB4566782 Build 19041.450 Windows 10 1903 and 1909 - KB4565351, Build 18362.1016 and 18363.1016 Windows 10 1809- KB4565349, OS Build...
  9. all external devices including monitor, keyboard , mouse and headphones and USB wireless...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    all external devices including monitor, keyboard , mouse and headphones and USB wireless...: New CyberPower gaming PC, Windows 10- all external devices including monitor, keyboard , mouse and headphones and USB wireless modem all periodically just stop working and lose power, but the computer keeps running. Sometimes they come back on on their own, but I still have...
  10. August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank

August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank: This has become rather troublesome ordeal. I had this issue with the previous update and ultimate had to reinstall windows because of it. Recently, i got a forced update last night and i chose the update and shutdown option. Today, in the morning my computer booted up but...