Windows 10: Windows Feature Update Keeps Failing

Discus and support Windows Feature Update Keeps Failing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had issues over the last several months of getting the Windows Feature Updates installed on my system. This applies to both the 1903 and 20H2 updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BradTyler1, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Windows Feature Update Keeps Failing

I had issues over the last several months of getting the Windows Feature Updates installed on my system. This applies to both the 1903 and 20H2 updates and I receive the following code 0xc1900101 on both updates. I tried to search around for answers and saw one thread recommending I post the Panther logs / Rollback logs / Device Install logs as they might be useful in diagnosing my install issue. I am attaching a link to those documents so any help would be greatly appreciated.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkNK5NbaildywBp8yNUiUewKpmlP?e=7jFpMgThank You

:)

BradTyler1, Jun 2, 2021

2. Windows Update keeps failing!

Yea, that was going to be my next suggestion, if "Safe mode" did not work... I didn't want to scare him just yet.. *Toast :toast: There is a new feature in Windows 8 that will let you go back to a fresh install with just a few clicks. It should help a lot non pro's to start over fresh. *Toast :toast: But this is no help to him.. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Jun 2, 2021
  3. TC-man Win User
    Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Jun 2, 2021
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Feature Update Keeps Failing

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows Feature Update Keeps Failing

1. Windows Feature Update Keeps Failing - Similar Threads - Feature Update Keeps

2. Feature update failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature update failing: Using Microsoft endpoint to update our windows 10 machines to 20H2. Have a few machines where the update is failing. Windows updates installs the the update but then fails to complete after restart and roll backs.I have triedRunning the update troubleshooter on the...
  3. Feature update failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feature update failing: Using Microsoft endpoint to update our windows 10 machines to 20H2. Have a few machines where the update is failing. Windows updates installs the the update but then fails to complete after restart and roll backs.I have triedRunning the update troubleshooter on the...
  4. Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 keeps failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 keeps failing: Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2Status: Installing - 61% <== stuck hereFeature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 6Last failed install attempt on ‎9/‎13/‎2021 - 0x800704c7Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 16Last failed install attempt on ‎8/‎8/‎2021 -...
  5. Features update keeps failing error code 0xc1900101

Features update keeps failing error code 0xc1900101: Hi, I've tried to install the features update and it hasn't worked and didn't work on 11-06-2020 when I got the same error code 0xc1900101. Any ideas what I can do? Thanks...
  6. Windows Feature Update Failing

Windows Feature Update Failing: Hi, I am on Windows 10 1909 and for the past couple of months my PC has prompted me to restart to update to version 2004. Each time it fails and rolls back with error 0xC1900101. It is a fairly basic PC build with a graphics card and no other peripherals. I really don't care...
  7. Feature Update Keeps Failing. 0xc1420121 Error?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature Update Keeps Failing. 0xc1420121 Error?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/wl6vf62dmxv51.png?width=956&format=png&auto=webp&s=8ed0cadcc689f5cf6d78ff1d168b876d3b3b7215 I tried almost everything. Tried https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gocns2qURM, sfc scan, DISM restore health, etc etc. Does anyone know why I...
  8. Feature update 1903 keeps failing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature update 1903 keeps failing: I think I've tried installing it four times now. Always ends up stuck at 27%. I think first time I gave it like 2 hours, lately I've only given it like 30 minutes. Hard drive light is just blinking regularly during that time, so seemingly no activity. I only have the generic...
  9. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 Keeps Failing

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 Keeps Failing: I cannot seem to get this patch 1803 going. It either stuck at 0% forever, or keeps failing upon reaching 100%. I even downloaded the direct installer and tried with the mediacreation tool direct exe installer, as well as running upgrade install dvd bootup. Both brings me to...
  10. Windows 10 Feature update 1709 keeps failing to install

Windows 10 Feature update 1709 keeps failing to install: I had similar troubles when upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 but managed to get through it by removing all usb peripherals except keyboard and mouse. I recently upgraded my motherboard, ram, cpu and graphics card. I was online with Microsoft for an hour fixing the...