Windows 10: Windows feature update normal restart ?

Discus and support Windows feature update normal restart ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi i just updated to the new feature update and i have 2 questions: Is it normal that after the update and restart windows immediatly restarts to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by floris van der hoeven, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Windows feature update normal restart ?

Hi i just updated to the new feature update and i have 2 questions:

Is it normal that after the update and restart windows immediatly restarts to finish ,i mean i looked away and didnt see a update finishing from 30% and then restart allmost post-boot..

The other question is tamper prevention is that new and if so did i really need to enable it first ?

Hope someone can clear this up !

:)

floris van der hoeven, Nov 14, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows feature update normal restart ? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 14, 2019
  3. little cat, Nov 14, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows feature update normal restart ?

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

Windows feature update normal restart ?

1. Windows feature update normal restart ? - Similar Threads - feature update normal

2. Feature Request/Suggestion: "Update and Restart Followed by Shutdown"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature Request/Suggestion: "Update and Restart Followed by Shutdown": I frequently receive windows 10 updates and every time after I finish work I had to wait for the PC to 'update and restart' and then manually shut it down again. If I only 'update and shutdown' then I might have to wait for the update to complete on the next restart which in...
  3. Update that restarted my computer a lot of times? Is this normal?

Update that restarted my computer a lot of times? Is this normal?: Today I got a pop up on the little notification tab on the bottom right of the screen saying that my windows 10 version is no updated and to restart the computer in order to update it, giving me some options to reschedule or to do it right then and there. I decided to update...
  4. No icons for - Update and restart, Update and shut down, sleep mode is normal icon

No icons for - Update and restart, Update and shut down, sleep mode is normal icon: [ATTACH] So I have problem it doesnt show the icons but a yellow square instead of icons of "Update and restart" and "Update and shutdown" This happened after downloading 2020-05 Program Microsoft Edge Update Windows 10 Version 1909....
  5. Restarting my file explorer normally

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restarting my file explorer normally: Can the community help me with suggestions? I need to restart my "File Explorer" normally because I cannot open files, because the File Explorer requires administrator privileges....
  6. Windows 10 restart and working on features

Windows 10 restart and working on features: I was on my laptop when I noticed my pc restared. I tought maybe an update is installing but it said working on features, not working on updates. Also my active horus are set to 4AM (pc restarted at midnight). I cant find anything in Windows update history, event viewer or in...
  7. Windows restarts,after few restarts goes back to normal.

Windows restarts,after few restarts goes back to normal.: Hello so i wanted to ask ,what could cause it. I checked internet and somebody told there to check event viewer. i did there is some errors,but i don't understand how to read them or to post. Is here somebody who understands it and how i can post it here,so you could help me?...
  8. Does Windows.old normally appear after Win 10 Feature Updates?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does Windows.old normally appear after Win 10 Feature Updates?: Hello! For background, In 2017 I purchased a laptop that had Windows 10 as the built-in os, and no other operating system had been installed previously. I have had a really bad storage problem soon after getting it and was left with no storage to install anything or any...
  9. Restart to install the latest windows feature update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restart to install the latest windows feature update: Is this legit?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-to-install-the-latest-windows-feature/ba6d7e5f-a775-41f7-bdd8-cd32da438df1
  10. Windows Feature Update doesn't restart.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Feature Update doesn't restart.: So, this notification pops out at the bottom right of my screen... [img] Since I have nothing in particular I want to do, I close and save all my work, and click "Restart now" The notification disappears, but the computer does not restart. About an hour goes by,...