Windows 10: Windows feature update problems, Libraries

Discus and support Windows feature update problems, Libraries in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I get rid of an empty Music library, that a windows 10 feature update, installed in my Pictures library?? When I right click it, there is NO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ed375, Jan 27, 2019.

1. ed375 Win User

Windows feature update problems, Libraries

How do I get rid of an empty Music library, that a windows 10 feature update, installed in my Pictures library??

When I right click it, there is NO delete option.

Windows feature update problems, Libraries 2b7d8eab-85bd-4748-967a-166bc23e0a52?upload=true.jpg

This 1809 feature update on Jan 26th, 2019 also inserted Shortcuts to my Music, Picture, and Video libraries and placed them as sub folders in My Documents! As did the previous feature update, but those I CAN DELETE!

It also messed up my "Most Used" list.

Also Why does the update have some running on each of the accounts " to finish the update"?

Windows feature update problems, Libraries bc8245f8-3bc5-4f4d-983a-975eba6e18c3?upload=true.jpg

:)

ed375, Jan 27, 2019

2. Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows feature update problems, Libraries - Similar Threads - feature update problems

2. JW Library and Windows 11 22H2 Update and Feature update crash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JW Library and Windows 11 22H2 Update and Feature update crash.: If you are having trouble opening JW Library after updating to Windows 11 22H2 and then after updating the feature pack that includes tabs in My Computer and JW Library will no longer install .jw[ub files, there is a work around.First these are 2 separate issues.1 Upgrade to...
  3. JW Library and Windows 11 22H2 Update and Feature update crash.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JW Library and Windows 11 22H2 Update and Feature update crash.: If you are having trouble opening JW Library after updating to Windows 11 22H2 and then after updating the feature pack that includes tabs in My Computer and JW Library will no longer install .jw[ub files, there is a work around.First these are 2 separate issues.1 Upgrade to...
  4. Problem with onedrive libraries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with onedrive libraries: Hi,I have removed OneDrive a long time ago. Since then, I had 2 libraries of pictures and documents. They used different path.The path I want to keep is this one : C:\Users\%user%\Pictures C:\Users\%user%\DocumentsThe folder I want to remove is that one :...
  5. Problem with onedrive libraries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with onedrive libraries: Hi,I have removed OneDrive a long time ago. Since then, I had 2 libraries of pictures and documents. They used different path.The path I want to keep is this one : C:\Users\%user%\Pictures C:\Users\%user%\DocumentsThe folder I want to remove is that one :...
  6. Problem with onedrive libraries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Problem in many windows features after an update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem in many windows features after an update: About 2 weeks ago I updated my windows 10 but it seems that some problem occurred during that update. After that update many windows features were not working, I am listing all the problems I have encountered so far 1. When I click on network icon in the taskbar which is...
  8. PROBLEM FEATURE UPDATE TO 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PROBLEM FEATURE UPDATE TO 1903: I am unable to update to Feature Update version 1903 (3) , I understand that the previous one is ending on 12 Nov 19. Last message in update history is Last failed install attempt on ‎08-‎11-‎2019 - 0xc1900101. Whenever I try to update it keeps on updating for a long...
  9. Problems Windows 10 Feature Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems Windows 10 Feature Updates: Windows 10 Feature Updates have failed to install for over a year. The latest error codes today (3/12/19) are: Windows10, version 1803 0x80240034 and Windows 10, version 1809 00xc1900101 I am lost how to proceed and fix this issue. Thanks...
  10. problems with windows features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with windows features: hey everyone.... I have a couple problems with windows features, first of all when i try to launch it via control panel it takes like a half an hour to load.So that is the first problem. The reason i want to open windows features is because i want to enable directplay for...