Windows 10: Windows feature update to 1903 fails

Discus and support Windows feature update to 1903 fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This update will not update on my brand new computer, it also would not update on my last computer. How can I sort this as it constantly tries to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jontell, Sep 28, 2019.

1. jontell Win User

Windows feature update to 1903 fails

This update will not update on my brand new computer, it also would not update on my last computer. How can I sort this as it constantly tries to download and install it all the time? I don't appear to be the only one who has this issue from one I can see online.

On my old PC I had 3 of your colleagues remotely take control of my PC and still could not get it to work. Both my PC's are just normal shop bought ones running windows 64bit. How can I get it to install on my new one??

I can provide you with any info you many need to help diagnose this. This is the error I get over and over again:

Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later.

Error code: (0x80070003)

:)

jontell, Sep 28, 2019

2. Windows Feature Update 1903

Hi Sara209

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. The steps which you have undertaken to block updates won't work for any feature update. Feature updates need to be blocked temporarily by using different steps.

But, I will suggest that you should not try to stop 1903 feature update. Let it happen.

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help.

Vijay_Verma, Sep 28, 2019
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Sep 28, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows feature update to 1903 fails - Similar Threads - feature update 1903

2. Feature update to Windows 10 1903 Failed - 0xc1900101

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature update to Windows 10 1903 Failed - 0xc1900101: Hi,For about a week now, I've been trying to update my older Windows installation, but I'm unable to because the installation of the upgrade gets stuck at 63%.The computer itself doesn't freeze, as the dots are still spinning in the middle. I shut down my computer after...
  3. Feature update to Windows 10 1903 Failed - 0xc1900101

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feature update to Windows 10 1903 Failed - 0xc1900101: Hi,For about a week now, I've been trying to update my older Windows installation, but I'm unable to because the installation of the upgrade gets stuck at 63%.The computer itself doesn't freeze, as the dots are still spinning in the middle. I shut down my computer after...
  4. Feature update to Windows 10 1903 Failed - 0xc1900101

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 fails

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 fails: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 fails. I have run troubleshooter and it finds no problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-update-to-windows-10-version-1903-fails/41257539-e58b-454e-bd25-597e14c18568
  6. Feature update 1903 keeps failing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature update 1903 keeps failing: I think I've tried installing it four times now. Always ends up stuck at 27%. I think first time I gave it like 2 hours, lately I've only given it like 30 minutes. Hard drive light is just blinking regularly during that time, so seemingly no activity. I only have the generic...
  7. Windows feature update to 1903 fails

Windows feature update to 1903 fails: This update will not be updated on my new computer. How can I solve this since I constantly try to download and install it all the time? It doesn't seem to be the only one that has this problem of one that I can see online. How can I install it on my new PC? I can provide...
  8. Windows 10 feature update, version 1903 failed

Windows 10 feature update, version 1903 failed: I attempted to run the Windows 10 feature update, version 1903, but it failed. It successfully downloaded the update, installed the update, but then got stuck at about 33% completion while rebooting. It then automatically reverted back to the prior restore point. Please...
  9. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 fail

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 fail: My update is failing during the reboot phase with an error code of 0x80070003 The screen goes black then it comes up saying its undoing all the changes Any help will be appreciated...
  10. Windows feature update 1903 fail

Windows feature update 1903 fail: I have been offered 1903 by update on my computer, it downloads and runs install to 100% but when I restart I find I am still on the previous version 1809 17763.557. In update it says it failed to install and try again Ox8007007f I tried many time with the same result. Two...