Windows 10: Windows February Update Fails - Hangs at 91% Complete

Discus and support Windows February Update Fails - Hangs at 91% Complete in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried repeatedly to facilitate this update - Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 4 - and it consistently hangs at 91% complete during the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JustinFlorida, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Windows February Update Fails - Hangs at 91% Complete

I have tried repeatedly to facilitate this update - Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 4 - and it consistently hangs at 91% complete during the installation. I have seen the numerous posts w/ this problem articulated, but no solution that works for me.

I have had to lie to the computer - using setup to advise that I'm on a metered connection when I'm not - just to get it to stop automatically trying to install the update with the same "hangfire" results.

Does an MS technician have an effective solution to this issue?

:)

JustinFlorida, Feb 29, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows February Update Fails - Hangs at 91% Complete :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 29, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows February Update Fails - Hangs at 91% Complete

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows February Update Fails - Hangs at 91% Complete

1. Windows February Update Fails - Hangs at 91% Complete - Similar Threads - February Update Fails

2. Completing updates - screen hang for several minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completing updates - screen hang for several minutes: We could not complete the updates. Undoing changes. Dont turn off your PC.I get this memo on a daily basis each time I switch on my PC. How to stop it appearing again and again....
  3. Windows Update never completes. Gets to 91 percent and no further.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update never completes. Gets to 91 percent and no further.: I'm running Windows 10 Pro on two HP desktop computers. They are both running Version 1909, OS Build 18363.1256. They nag and nag at me to run the updates and when I do, it goes all day and gets to 91%, then it runs all night and the next day but never gets beyond 91 %. I...
  4. stuck at 91% on windows update???

stuck at 91% on windows update???: Stuck at 91% on windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-at-91-on-windows-update/1e050215-71b6-454a-991f-a54a40c5ab93
  5. Windows 1909 Update Stuck at 91%

Windows 1909 Update Stuck at 91%: Hi, I am trying to update my Windows 10 Version 1809 to 1909, but it keeps getting stuck at 91%. I even left it running overnight in case it was a really large update, but it was still 91% in the morning. Please help! Thank you in advance :...
  6. Windows 10 update hanging at 91% 3rd time April 2020

Windows 10 update hanging at 91% 3rd time April 2020: I have seen many mentions of this problem , but I have not found an answer. This will be the 3rd time I have unintentionally attempted this update. The first 2 times I was fortunately able to get it to roll back by numerous power cycles. It is only running now because I...
  7. Insider build hangs at 91%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Insider build hangs at 91%: When trying to upgrade from the version before build 19592 to build 19592 on the fast ring, the installer gets stuck at 91%. This has done this twice. Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/Demonitized101 [link] [comments]...
  8. wIN10 1909 UPDATE HANGS AT 91%. RETRIED TWICE, NO LOVE. hOW TO FIX?

wIN10 1909 UPDATE HANGS AT 91%. RETRIED TWICE, NO LOVE. hOW TO FIX?: HEARD DELETING C:\PROGRAMdATA\mICROSOFT\dIAGNOSIS\EVENTS_NORMAL.RBS FILE WOULD FIX IT, BUT THE .RBS FILES IN THAT FOLDER ARE events00.rbs, events01, events10, events11. I want to update but can't get it to - help!...
  9. Updates failing to complete

Updates failing to complete: For the last couple of weeks, every time I shut my PC down, both the "Shutdown" and "Restart" options are prefixed with "Update and...". When I subsequently start the machine a "100% complete" message is displayed but sometime later a notification about "unable to complete...
  10. windows 10 update freezes at 91%

windows 10 update freezes at 91%: windows 10 update freezes at 91% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-freezes-at-91/4288865c-3177-4a74-bfe5-5e75448278be

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 2000 update stuck at 91%

2. windows 10 update hanging on 91%

3. my lenovo computer has been updating windows for an hour at 91%