Windows 10: Windows (Fie) explorer in W10. viewing difficulties

Discus and support Windows (Fie) explorer in W10. viewing difficulties in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a laptop with W10 and have no trouble viewing File Explorer (Windows explorer). But on my new desktop with w10, it's hard to see things like the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by medindexer, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Windows (Fie) explorer in W10. viewing difficulties

I have a laptop with W10 and have no trouble viewing File Explorer (Windows explorer). But on my new desktop with w10, it's hard to see things like the scroll bar (very light grey) i.e. the vertical bar enabling one to scroll down the folders and other itemssuch as drives, network, libraries (in left pane). This bar doesn't stand out from the left and right pane. Similarly for other areas of the window (e.g. between the menu bar (a nice light blue on my laptop but just white on new PC) and indistinct from other functions below it.

I initially found that it was hard even to see the outside boundary of File Explorer from other windows that were white, but have managed to enable the boundary as fine line that helps distinguish it from other windows.

I don't understand why this poor visibility exists. I have Classic Start Menu on both. I am very much a person who prefers a simpler desktop view and Start Menu.

If I can't solve it, are there alternative file managers? I've been so used to using Windows Explorer over the years and never really considered if there were other file managers out there.

Thanks

:)

medindexer, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 21, 2019
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Windows (Fie) explorer in W10. viewing difficulties

Windows Explorer View - change default

Hi,

In order for you to change the view of Windows Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • Select the View Tab.
    • Click List.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows (Fie) explorer in W10. viewing difficulties

1. Windows (Fie) explorer in W10. viewing difficulties - Similar Threads - Fie explorer W10

2. Navigation views in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation views in Windows Explorer: I did something -- I don't know what -- that made the little arrows down the left side of the screen disappear. Now I've just got a list of folders, and the only way to see what's in them is to click them open. Before, I could click the arrow and the subfolders would reveal...
  3. Navigation views in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Navigation views in Windows Explorer: I did something -- I don't know what -- that made the little arrows down the left side of the screen disappear. Now I've just got a list of folders, and the only way to see what's in them is to click them open. Before, I could click the arrow and the subfolders would reveal...
  4. Navigation views in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Recoverring fies

in Windows 10 Support
    Recoverring fies: I accidentally deleted a folder on W10 destop Used RECUVA it found all files .... all were marked as excellent Ran Recover and saved to a different HD All 243 files are there .... but no one of them will open ..... They all have correct icons .... and are jpeg,png, cr2, dng,...
  6. What are these NVidia Fies?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What are these NVidia Fies?: The log files shown below are created in my Program Data folder. If you try to delete the file you get the error shown. What are these file for and why are they dumped in the top level Program data folder? [img] [img] 160675
  7. Windows Explorer Search View

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer Search View: Hello! I want to change the View in Windows Explorer search results. I found How to Customize Default Search Views on Windows 10 - Appuals.com but cannot understand the instructions exactly. It would also helpful for me if I would have a shortcut key to switch to "Details"...
  8. Viewing pdfs in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing pdfs in Windows Explorer: After a recent Windows update, I can no longer preview pdfs in Windows Explorer unless the default pdf reader is set to Edge. I prefer Adobe as my default pdf reader. I've checked the box in Abode to Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer, but preview still does...
  9. Windows 10 - difficulty with pin code & windows explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - difficulty with pin code & windows explorer: Hi, I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 but have two issues which I need help resolving. 1. I cannot seem to change from MS account email login to PIN login. I go to Start>Settings>Accounts>Sign In Options but nothing happens. Sign In Options does not open. Any...
  10. Windows Explorer Views

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Views: Is there anyway to set up the views of a folder in Windows Explorer so that the view of one folder will be different than the view of another folder. I have shortcuts to folders on my desktop. If the folder shortcut is to a particular folder, I want the view Navigation...