Windows 10: Windows File Corruption Can't Be Fixed with Sfc or DISM, 0x800F081F

Discus and support Windows File Corruption Can't Be Fixed with Sfc or DISM, 0x800F081F in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was trying to fix a problem with my laptop after upgrading to Windows 10 which caused updates to fail. I went and looked at Microsoft support and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blueboxbeing, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Windows File Corruption Can't Be Fixed with Sfc or DISM, 0x800F081F

I was trying to fix a problem with my laptop after upgrading to Windows 10 which caused updates to fail. I went and looked at Microsoft support and tried using sfc and dism. Sfc /scannow found corrupt file but couldn't fix them. Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /Source:esd:E:\Sources\Install.esd:1 /limitaccess both came up with the error 0x800F081F. Another issue is that my computer won't shut off completely. The screen goes blank and the hard drive light is blank after the computer turns off, but the fan and the power button is still on.

:)

blueboxbeing, Aug 12, 2015

2. Unexpected reboot after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi Brenda,

So running the SFC command resulted in this message: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

The Dism ScanHealth and CheckHealth finished successfully, but the RestoreHealth finished with this error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found

calibansfolly, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 often crashes while computer sleeps

Hi, as I said before, I run latest version of Windows 10 Pro x64 (=updated 1511) with latest drivers. System is custom built on Asus Z170i Gaming Pro mainboard. sfc reports corruption which can't be fixed, while dism fails with Error: 0x800f081f The source
    files could not be found. The system is online, with Windows Update accessible and working.

Ren McCourtey, Aug 12, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Windows File Corruption Can't Be Fixed with Sfc or DISM, 0x800F081F

Hello blueboxbeing and welcome to TenForums.

Please try turning off "Fast Startup" and then give your laptop a few good shutdowns (not restarts).

Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

sfc /scannow sometimes need to be run 2, 3 or even 4 times depending on the corruptions it finds. Please run it a few more times after you've turned off Fast Startup, rebooting between each run. If it still says some files could not be repaired, please open an Administrative Command Prompt and type:

findstr /C:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\CBS\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

and press ENTER.

This will grab the necessary info and put it in a file on your desktop called sfcdetails.txt. You can zip that up and upload it here.

simrick, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Thanks for replying to help me. I've ran sfc /scannow four times and it still has the, "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." error. Attached is the sfcdetails.txt file.

blueboxbeing, Aug 14, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Thanks for the file.

"MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44.scale-125_contrast-white.png" - hash mismatch (nothing to worry about)
    "adcjavas.inc" of Microsoft-Windows-Microsoft-Data-Access-Components - hash mismatch

You've turned off Fast Startup, correct?
    Please also uncheck "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update"
    Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update> Advanced Options

Try this:
    Shut the computer down. Since the fan and power button will still be on, hold the power button down until the laptop completely shuts down. Remove the battery and just use the power cord. Turn the computer on and let it boot up completely. Shut it down again. Turn it on again. Try Windows update. The most recent cumulative update that's come through is KB3081438.

If it's still failing, error 0x800F081F is usually resolved with a in-place upgrade, (repair install), to keep all your files and apps.

Before you begin:
    Make sure your data is backed up.
    Verify Windows is activated. (Settings>Update & Security>Activation)
    Remove any 3rd-party antivirus and disk monitoring programs.
    Have your program disks and keys available if doing a clean install.
    Disconnect all peripherals (external drives, printers, etc.)

Let us know how it goes.

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows File Corruption Can't Be Fixed with Sfc or DISM, 0x800F081F

1. Windows File Corruption Can't Be Fixed with Sfc or DISM, 0x800F081F - Similar Threads - File Corruption Can't

2. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.: Hello,I have been having issues with corruption on my operating system.I have tried updating my windows and it hasn't worked. I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, it had done nothing at all. I even system restored.I have tried DISM and SFC, but they are corrupt...
  3. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.: Hello,I have been having issues with corruption on my operating system.I have tried updating my windows and it hasn't worked. I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, it had done nothing at all. I even system restored.I have tried DISM and SFC, but they are corrupt...
  4. SFC finds corrupt files, but can't fix them. DISM can't find source files. Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC finds corrupt files, but can't fix them. DISM can't find source files. Windows 10: After running many sfc tests, I always get the same result. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." Same thing with Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, at about 90.1% I always end up with "Error: 0x800f081f The source...
  5. dism fails to fix corruption with 0x800f081f error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dism fails to fix corruption with 0x800f081f error: Background: HP ENVY Desktop 750-514 running Windows 10 build 17134.112 System has experienced some problems in the past but I was able to fix them with DISM. Current Problem: Windows update KB4338819 runs and results in a stopcode of 0xc000021a. Automatic Repair does not...
  6. scripts did not fix corrupted files sfc or dism, error 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    scripts did not fix corrupted files sfc or dism, error 0x800f081f: I need help with fixing corrupted files. There were 2 issues that were causing unacceptable performance of Windows 10 that started this saga. These did not appear right away but gradually became worse over time. 1) Boot up times are exceedingly long (14 minutes to...
  7. :( DISM (Error 0x800f081f) and SFC (Failed to Repair)

:( DISM (Error 0x800f081f) and SFC (Failed to Repair): I was having some issues with Cortana on the recently released windows 10, so decided to run a SFC /Scan Now and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth. DISM Failed with "Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to...
  8. SFC can't fix corrupted files

SFC can't fix corrupted files: I just got this problem where windows search does not function (I do not have cortana, using dutch windows). So i thaught i could fix it with SFC /scannow. But with this scan came the message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix someof...
  9. SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?

SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?: Hi guys. I know this may be old news to some of you guys, but posting anyway. So I installed a game which did some net framework installing and after that had a hang. Removed the game, did sfc and found corrupt files. C:\Windows\system32>sfc\scannow The system cannot...
  10. SFC and DISM error when trying to fix corrupt windows files

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC and DISM error when trying to fix corrupt windows files: Hello, I ran "SFC /scannow" and got an error saying the System File Checker found errors but couldn't fix them. Afterwards I ran "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" and DISM threw the error 0x800f081f saying that the source files could not be found. I then ran...
Tags: