Windows 10: Windows File Explorer after Adobe Acrobat

Discus and support Windows File Explorer after Adobe Acrobat in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After installing Adobe Acrobat DC my Windows 10 File explorer will open but does not respond. I have uninstalled Acrobat and restarted the computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tbr108, Mar 10, 2019.

1. tbr108 Win User

Windows File Explorer after Adobe Acrobat

After installing Adobe Acrobat DC my Windows 10 File explorer will open but does not respond. I have uninstalled Acrobat and restarted the computer, but that didn't solve the problem. How can I fix this problem?

:)

tbr108, Mar 10, 2019

2. Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro not listed under set default program

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are unable to set Adobe Acrobat as default program from settings, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Navigate to the file which you want to open using Adobe Acrobat.
    • Right click on the file and select Open with and click on
      choose another app
    • Check if Adobe Acrobat is listed in the programs list.
    • If not then click on Look for another app on this PC.
    • Navigate to the location where Adobe Acrobat is installed and select the same.
    • Check the box for Always use this app to open files and click on
      OK.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Adobe releases Adobe Acrobat 8

The well known company Adobe has today released Acrobat eight. This new Acrobat version claims to do more then just load with Windows and read whatever is encoded in PDF. It claims to have a faster load time, a sleek and modern user interface, the easy conversion of PDF to common file types, a new user chat interface, along with several other neat features. The user chat interface is designed for web conferences, and should allow for multi-platform firewalled and encrypted chats. Adobe promises that this Acrobat will be very easy to use, and has a lot of potential for its customers. It should be available in November 2006 for between $100 and $450, depending on if you are upgrading and the version you are buying.

Source: Adobe

zekrahminator, Mar 10, 2019
  4. malware Win User

NVIDIA GPUs Accelerate Adobe Acrobat 8 and Adobe Reader 8

NVIDIA Corporation, today announced that the Adobe Acrobat 8 product family and Adobe Reader 8 now offer a new page display rendering mode, which uses the graphics processing unit (GPU) to accelerate the drawing and display of pages in PDF format. Building upon the recent performance improvements of Adobe Acrobat 8 and Adobe Reader 8, Adobe has leveraged the power and programmability of the GPU to further turbocharge the display of 2D content in PDF documents.

"NVIDIA GeForce and NVIDIA Quadro GPUs let users do more with PDF files, and faster," said Pam Deziel, director, platform product marketing, Adobe Systems Incorporated. "Panning, scrolling, zooming…Virtually every major function in Adobe Reader 8 that takes advantage of the GPU will receive a tangible boost in performance. Things people may have avoided in the past, such as deeply detailed zoomable maps, are now easily displayed."

“Adobe Reader boasts a distribution of over 500 million copies worldwide and Adobe Acrobat is used by leading enterprises to drive key document processes based on PDF. NVIDIA is turbocharging the experience of those users upgrading to Reader 8.0," John Vifian, content evangelist at NVIDIA, “Using a powerful GeForce 6, 7, or 8 Series GPU makes skimming through digitized documentation no different – and, in many cases, easier – than holding the real-world equivalent right before your eyes. GPU acceleration in Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat represents a significant step forward in an increasingly paperless world."

Enabled only on modern, powerful GPUs, the feature “2D GPU ACCELERATION" enhances the interactivity of page display and allows fluid zooming and panning of complex documents. This results in a performance boost, as well as sharper, crisper display of text and imagery while zooming through rich, large documents. The ability of the GPU to display PDF files in such an interactive manner enables truly fluid handling of electronic documents, whether they be subway maps, architectural blueprints, trail maps, or lengthy catalogs and e-books.

More information on Adobe Acrobat 8 and Adobe Reader 8, including a list of supported GPUs, can be found at www.adobe.com. More information on NVIDIA GPUs and the graphics cards and motherboards that feature them can be found at www.nvidia.com.

Source: NVIDIA

malware, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows File Explorer after Adobe Acrobat - Similar Threads - File Explorer Adobe

2. adobe acrobat will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adobe acrobat will not open: adobe acrobat runs in administrator profile, but not my regular windows profile. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-will-not-open/6dde41dc-3586-4ed6-8f29-26bbf36d0555
  3. Adobe Acrobat Reader

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Acrobat Reader: I think the current update waiting on my system will deleteAdobe Acrobat Reader from my PC – subsequent to this how do I read my PDF’s ordownload future PDF’s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader/8e15ab35-23cd-4951-bdde-8351aa1b6ce5
  4. Issues with adobe acrobat

Issues with adobe acrobat: I was working with Turbo Tax amending previous yr, went to save file, pdf created by adobe acrobat, but program would neither save file nor print file due to issues with Adobe Acrobat. I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe.com, went to reinstall Adobe Acrobat and...
  5. Adobe Acrobat files close after 10s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Acrobat files close after 10s: hello, I have been using Adobe Acrobat XI Pro for a number of years, it worked fine yesterday suddenly a file I had just opened disappeared. no error message, nothing, just pfftt... now you see it, now you don't *Sick and all my pdf files behave the same way... 10s and they...
  6. Adobe Acrobat Pro

Adobe Acrobat Pro: We cannot use Prepaid Adobe Pro and get a notification saying: "The application has failed to start because its side by side Configuration is incorrect" Just consulted with ADOBE Customer Support and they indicate to contact Microsoft...
  7. Adobe Acrobat reader

Adobe Acrobat reader: I have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on my Windows 10 system but trying to get it as the default pdf document reader dosen't seem to work, any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader/ba3f4dae-8961-4a32-9cd3-ca767f8e07a4
  8. Adobe Acrobat DC

Adobe Acrobat DC: Cannot open this program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-dc/c97c3d02-10fd-46d6-81a7-4a43138fc0fe
  9. Adobe Acrobat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adobe Acrobat: I received an update last night from Adobe Acrobat. The program now closes after about 30 seconds. After 2 hour on the phone today with Adobe they are saying the Admin user needs permissions form MS. Either MS needs to give permission to my account or to migrate my Admin...
  10. Adobe Acrobat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adobe Acrobat: I received an update last night from Adobe Acrobat. The program now closes after about 30 seconds. After 2 hour on the phone today with Adobe they are saying the Admin user needs permissions form MS. Either MS needs to give permission to my account or to migrate my Admin...