Windows 10: Windows File Explorer Allways crashing

Discus and support Windows File Explorer Allways crashing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi all i am new here, i am here for my friend, his windows file explorer always crashing and he need to open task manager and restart the program. its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lianeliezer, May 13, 2019.

1. Windows File Explorer Allways crashing

hi all i am new here,
    i am here for my friend, his windows file explorer always crashing and he need to open task manager and restart the program.

its very annoying because we are gamers and it prevent him from minimizing a game and then coming back

any solutions?? everything will be useful

:)

lianeliezer, May 13, 2019
  2. Harvy Win User

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, May 13, 2019
  3. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, May 13, 2019
  4. jsmin Win User

Windows File Explorer Allways crashing

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows File Explorer Allways crashing

1. Windows File Explorer Allways crashing - Similar Threads - File Explorer Allways

2. File Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Crashing: Hi team, so basically when I tried to play a video on my DVD File Explorer constantly keeps on crashing for some reason so I need sommeone to give me solutions to fix File Explorer from crashing...
  3. File Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Crashing: Hi team, so basically when I tried to play a video on my DVD File Explorer constantly keeps on crashing for some reason so I need sommeone to give me solutions to fix File Explorer from crashing...
  4. Windows File Explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer crashes: Hello guys,I was in the Windows Insider program but quit and I am in the regular windows 11 version. It started to crash this week.Here is the error Sorry, it is in spanish from event viewer:Nombre de la aplicación con errores: explorer.exe, versión: 10.0.22621.1, marca de...
  5. Windows File Explorer crashes

Windows File Explorer crashes: Hello guys,I was in the Windows Insider program but quit and I am in the regular windows 11 version. It started to crash this week.Here is the error Sorry, it is in spanish from event viewer:Nombre de la aplicación con errores: explorer.exe, versión: 10.0.22621.1, marca de...
  6. File Explorer crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crash: Hi,I have one of my collaborator that has a specific folder that crashes everytime he tries to research some files. The event log doesn't really help and I tried a lot of things.1. SFC /scannow > nothing changed 2. Clear registry key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...
  7. File Explorer crash

File Explorer crash: Hi,I have one of my collaborator that has a specific folder that crashes everytime he tries to research some files. The event log doesn't really help and I tried a lot of things.1. SFC /scannow > nothing changed 2. Clear registry key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...
  8. File/Windows explorer crashes

File/Windows explorer crashes: I have an Asus G74sx with an i7 processor and 16gb ram. File Explorer crashes immediately on opening. sfc reports no problem dism reports no problem problem persists in clean boot and in safe mode. System reset cured problem for 3 days then it came back. -Provider [...
  9. Windows File Explorer crashing

Windows File Explorer crashing: File Explorer crashes when I try to view disk or folder content from THIS PC Is it possible to replace explorer.exe and kernelbase.dll with good files from another computer from Command Prompt? I have already tried "Repair System Files" but it did not find anything...
  10. file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer crashes: Hey guys, pretty new here.. Been trying all night to fix this but haven't had any luck so far. Couple problems that I'm pretty sure are related somehow? The first is that file explorer is constantly crashing. It crashes when I try to go to file explorer properties, and...