Windows 10: Windows (File) explorer alternatives

Discus and support Windows (File) explorer alternatives in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there are there any File explorer alternatives that can group and display files / directories easily in user selectable fields - for example here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Apr 25, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows (File) explorer alternatives

Hi there

are there any File explorer alternatives that can group and display files / directories easily in user selectable fields - for example here I've grouped them in alphabetical order with clear demarcations between each group. (Linux -- KDE file manager Dolphin).

Windows (File) explorer alternatives [​IMG]

The standard Windows File explorer is a bit rubbish these days - especially once you start getting large directories with loads of files in them - for example Music / Audio books / other multi media etc. I'd like something like the screenshot shown above.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Apr 25, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Apr 25, 2016
  3. Ralf_G Win User
    Ralf_G, Apr 25, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Apr 25, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks -- that one looks good.
    Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 25, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Interesting........ both suggestions.

davidhk, Apr 25, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    Looooong time Total Commander user here, Windows Explorer is Rubbish as Jimbo stated.

CountMike, Apr 26, 2016
  8. Windows (File) explorer alternatives

SOoo disappointed. The old file explorer was basic, unsexy - and did the job. The Win10 version is slow, inefficient, inadequate and buggy. I have large photo folders which I administered satifactorily using subfolders and tags. Switching between views based on tags or picture files or dates was pretty quick and the summary view of active tags was a quick access route. The current version reprocesses each time I change view (time consuming), doesn't allow a view of the files in a folder and its sub-folders, repeatedly reverts to descending order when I have clicked ascending, is unpredictable in the sequencing of files, doesn't show the date on which the photo was taken (not the date on which the file was loaded to the system; it is shown in the Photo app, but only after several clicks) and has crashed, requiring a forced system closedown. In short it's an appalling mess which may yet prompt me to revert to Win7 or to Linux.

Bringbackwin7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows (File) explorer alternatives - Similar Threads - File explorer alternatives

2. Alternatives for File history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alternatives for File history: I am looking for a replacement for the Windows file history program. Paid or free doesn't matterWhat I would like to accomplish is the same as File history with an hourly update. I would like the option to select what files I want backed up regularly. I also would like a...
  3. Alternatives for File history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternatives for File history: I am looking for a replacement for the Windows file history program. Paid or free doesn't matterWhat I would like to accomplish is the same as File history with an hourly update. I would like the option to select what files I want backed up regularly. I also would like a...
  4. Alternatives for File history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Any good file explorer alternative?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any good file explorer alternative?: File explorer is not only inferior to Mac Finder but it's inferior to Linux file explorers(Nautilus, Nemo, Dolphin) too. Any good alternative to try which makes me not frustrated? Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/MuhammadJim [link] [comments]...
  6. Any good file explorer alternatives

Any good file explorer alternatives: I'm looking for a good file explorer for windows 10 but i can't find any that look good. Right now i use explorer++ and it's fie but i think it's desing is outdated (it still uses XP icons). submitted by /u/nothingtoseehere196 [link] [comments]...
  7. Alternative to Windows slow explorer search - "Everything"

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternative to Windows slow explorer search - "Everything": I've been using this for years: voidtools It is virtually instantaneous and searches all your drives at once. 161697
  8. Searching For A Minimal Windows Explorer Alternative

Searching For A Minimal Windows Explorer Alternative: Do you guys know a minimal windows explorer alternative? It doesn't need to be full of features, or anything, just a really clean looking file explorer with the least amount of buttons for it to still be usable. Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/csumpasd [link]...
  9. Explorer (window management) alternative for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer (window management) alternative for Windows 10: For as long as Windows 10 has been around, I've had tremendous issues with UI fluidity and speed on the OS. An example: On a new ThinkPad laptop with fairly high specs, I opened Explorer and went to C:\SomeFolder. I pressed shift+ctrl+n to create a new folder. The green...
  10. Recommendation for an alternative file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recommendation for an alternative file explorer: Hi All, Can anyone please give me a recommendation for an alternative file explorer. I have downloaded a trial version of xplorer2 and it seems quite good. Are their any alternatives? Thanks 66327