Windows 10: Windows file explorer background color changed after update

Discus and support Windows file explorer background color changed after update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After receiving the update for windows 10, my folder windows colors changed to black and text to white. A feature many have wanted by all the forum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Doodman187, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Windows file explorer background color changed after update

After receiving the update for windows 10, my folder windows colors changed to black and text to white. A feature many have wanted by all the forum posts I have read spanning years but I do not, I wish the default colors. No file explorer software has been installed. My theme which is blue based shows, but I've never seen this before. I thought maybe my AMD Radeon driver settings might have somehow been the cause but I uninstalled and it changed nothing. Any help or idea's would be appreciated. A screen shot might be best to avoid confusion about themes, high contrast, ect. Windows file explorer background color changed after update 05445ed2-5628-4048-a168-60d0a322799a?upload=true.jpg

:)

Doodman187, Oct 3, 2018

2. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...6c6/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Windows file explorer background color changed after update

Screen background color

Hi,

You can try these steps in changing the
    Background color:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left-side of the window, select
      Colors.

• Then
      Choose a Color.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Windows file explorer background color changed after update

1. Windows file explorer background color changed after update - Similar Threads - file explorer background

2. Windows Explorer background color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer background color: I'm using Windows Explorer in my work a lot. Problem is that contrast is very high on both Light Mode and Dark Mode. I have been circumventing that with programs like Vista Style Builder or QTTabBar. Parts of Windows Explorer that bring huge bleach are Folder pane and...
  3. background color in file explorer

background color in file explorer: OS = Win 10. In my Settings>Color, I set the color to dark. All information in File Explorer comes up with a black background. Is there a way I can get a white background in File Explorer, while keeping a black background for the main program information box that comes up...
  4. changing background colors

in Browsers and Email
    changing background colors: I tried to introduce myself in the introductions thread but it was closed. My name is Bev, been here a while but never posted but I need some help. I redid windown 10 on Sunday but can't seem to get the black color off chrome start page. I know it's something with...
  5. Change File Explorer Background

Change File Explorer Background: Hi all, I just recently upgraded my version of Windows 10 to 1809, where Microsoft introduced the dark theme for File Explorer. I'm gonna be honest, it looks terrible. I might be just not used to it, but I want it back to the white background. I'm aware I can change the...
  6. Windows update changed file explorer background

Windows update changed file explorer background: The latest update changed all of my backgrounds to black. White text on black background in file explorer is impossible on my eyes. Is there a way to set the file explorer background to light and keep the photo viewer dark as it was prior to the update? The custom settings...
  7. How to change File Explorer background colors?

How to change File Explorer background colors?: My Windows 10 Home just updated to version 1809 and for some reason the Windows File Explorer background changed from white to a dark charcoal gray. I don't mind the gray so much, but it would be better if it were lighter. How do I change it? I've looked everywhere for an...
  8. File Explorer Colors after Windows Update

File Explorer Colors after Windows Update: Hi, i just got really confused after I done the Windows 10 October Update, and I notice that File Explorer & other Apps had "title bars and window borders"enabled but it was Disabled through the settings, I tried to enable & disable the setting but to no avail, anyone having...
  9. How do we change the background color of file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do we change the background color of file explorer?: We were able to do this with older versions of windows. As someone who deals with frequent migraines, that BRIGHT WHITE background is such a nightmare. Why would Windows remove a such a helpful feature? Is there some workaround besides high contrast? (High contrast...
  10. Changing Default Background Color for File Explorer and Applicaions

Changing Default Background Color for File Explorer and Applicaions: Good Afternoon, I have moved from FreeBSD to Win 10. The glaring white of the aforementioned objects is really painful to my old eyes. I cannot find references on Google about how to change this. I found one post that alleges this obnoxious color was hard coded. Can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer background color

2. file background color

3. windows explorer background color

4. update the background colour for file explorer,
  5. change folder color from white to black,
  6. windows exploroer background color,
  7. change window background color BLACK,
  8. Windows file Background color,
  9. file explorer color,
  10. windows file explorer background color,
  11. explorer background color,