Windows 10: Windows File Explorer becomes unresponsive when I try to select an Excel spreadsheet, file...

Discus and support Windows File Explorer becomes unresponsive when I try to select an Excel spreadsheet, file... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows File Explorer becomes unresponsive if I try to select an Excel spreadsheet, file type xlsx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ClaytonRobertson Jr, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Windows File Explorer becomes unresponsive when I try to select an Excel spreadsheet, file...

Windows File Explorer becomes unresponsive if I try to select an Excel spreadsheet, file type xlsx

:)

ClaytonRobertson Jr, Sep 4, 2020

2. excel file causes instability in "windows explorer"

When I open an excel file by double clicking on the name in windows explorer, the file opens OK but at the same

time, the explorer file list jumps up and down as it lists and de-lists the

excel temp file. It is very distracting. I can close the explorer window or

simply change to another folder. It occurs only on one of my computers and only on some excel files

It happens only with excel files and not with word or acrobat

Any suggestions where to look for the problem. We've reinstalled Office 10 and reset my windows profile. nothing helped so far.

Joel Trussell, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Excel files

Hi,

I'm Diego Rios, an Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

You can try the following procedures in the links below, explain how open an document Spreadsheet in Excel:

Open an Excel spreadsheet.

Right-click the Excel icon in the taskbar and select " Excel "

You should now have two Excel windows – one of the windows will have a blank Excel spreadsheet.

Select File, then Open, and then the file you want to open in the window with the blank spreadsheet.

Please let me know if this helped and works.

Best Regards,

Diego R.

Diego Rios_06, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Windows File Explorer becomes unresponsive when I try to select an Excel spreadsheet, file...

I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/ha010448731033.aspx

Install the Quattro Pro 5.0 converter
    To install the converter for Quattro Pro versions 1.0 through 5.0 for Windows, do the following:

Click Start on the Windows taskbar, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Click the name of the Microsoft Office 2000 or Microsoft Excel 2000 program that you have, and then click Add/Remove.
    Click Add or Remove Features, and locate the Quattro Pro 5.0 Converter under Microsoft Excel for Windows.
    Click Run From My Computer to install the converter to your hard disk.
    Click Update Now.
    Open a Quattro Pro file
    To open a Quattro Pro file in Excel, follow these steps:

Click Open on the File menu.
    In the Look in list, click the drive or folder that contains the file you want to open, and then locate the folder that contains the file.
    In the Files of type list, click Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) if your files are from Quattro Pro for Windows versions 1.0 through 5.0, or click Quattro Pro/DOS Files (*.wq1). The former requires installation of the converter, as outlined above, before it appears in the list.
    Double-click the file you want to open.
    Notes

You cannot save files in the Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) format. If you open one of these files and make changes to it, you can save changes by saving as a Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls) or in another spreadsheet format.
    You can save changes in the Quattro Pro/DOS format, but changes made using features that are unique to Excel may be lost.

or

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052538431033.aspx

You can open a file created in another program, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or Quattro Pro, in Microsoft Excel the same way you would open an Excel file. You can then save the file in its original file format or as an Excel workbook using the standard Excel save commands. Files saved as Excel workbooks might not retain all of their original formatting, and features and formatting of an Excel workbook might not be available in other programs.

Lazzer408, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows File Explorer becomes unresponsive when I try to select an Excel spreadsheet, file...

1. Windows File Explorer becomes unresponsive when I try to select an Excel spreadsheet, file... - Similar Threads - File Explorer becomes

2. File explorer not responding in Windows 11. It opens up but becomes unresponsive when you...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer not responding in Windows 11. It opens up but becomes unresponsive when you...: I tried every solution available on the internet to make file explorer responsive. However, it is not working. I open up file explorer, it opens. Now, when I click any folder or any icon or try to do search, it becomes unresponsive. I have spent days trying to fix this and I...
  3. File explorer not responding in Windows 11. It opens up but becomes unresponsive when you...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer not responding in Windows 11. It opens up but becomes unresponsive when you...: I tried every solution available on the internet to make file explorer responsive. However, it is not working. I open up file explorer, it opens. Now, when I click any folder or any icon or try to do search, it becomes unresponsive. I have spent days trying to fix this and I...
  4. File explorer keeps becoming unresponsive and stuck when trying to delete a file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer keeps becoming unresponsive and stuck when trying to delete a file.: Hi so basically I bought a new laptop and a few days later I downloaded a large file from my dropbox. The folder was around 1GB. I decided I did not need the folder so tried to delete it windows warned me that it was going to permanently delete even though I wasn't in the...
  5. File explorer keeps becoming unresponsive and stuck when trying to delete a file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keeps becoming unresponsive and stuck when trying to delete a file.: Hi so basically I bought a new laptop and a few days later I downloaded a large file from my dropbox. The folder was around 1GB. I decided I did not need the folder so tried to delete it windows warned me that it was going to permanently delete even though I wasn't in the...
  6. File explorer keeps becoming unresponsive and stuck when trying to delete a file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer freezes when i select files

File Explorer freezes when i select files: When i try to open a file and i click on it the spinning wheel appears and file explorer freezes, but it only works with apps if they are in a folder. If i try pinned apps, the ones on the desktop or if i search for them they work fine. This doesn't happens to folder. Can...
  8. File explorer crashes when i select a file

File explorer crashes when i select a file: Hello dear Microsoft Community, My file explorer crashes when i select a file, right click/left click to it. Folder left click works perfectly but the file clicking isn't working and it crashes my file explorer. I can't literally open anything in my computer and it's too...
  9. File Explorer becomes unresponsive after update to 1903

File Explorer becomes unresponsive after update to 1903: My laptop was updated to Version 1903 of Windows 10 a day or 2 ago. Now when I start File Explorer, it starts as usual but as soon as I click on anything in the Navigation Pane e.g. to open a folder or expand part of a folder tree, it becomes completely unresponsive and shows...
  10. File Explorer crash when selecting files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crash when selecting files: Hi Guys, I have encountered this problem (in thread line) for the past 3-5 days and I have come no closer to any solution during that period of time. Basically, as soon as I left click or right click on a file in Windows Explorer it will crash. My Windows icon in the...