Windows 10: Windows File Explorer Bug: automatic search repetition of the last regex on window...

Discus and support Windows File Explorer Bug: automatic search repetition of the last regex on window... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Let us say we have two folders "A" and "B". First, you search something e.g. text files in the first folder "A" using the "*.txt" regex in the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnKowalskyPL, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Windows File Explorer Bug: automatic search repetition of the last regex on window...

Let us say we have two folders "A" and "B". First, you search something e.g. text files in the first folder "A" using the "*.txt" regex in the file explorer search bar. Then after receiving the result you switch the file explorer to folder "B" still being in the same window. Here "the magic" happens. When next the window is minimized/maximized or just resized, the file explorer tries automatically to use the same regex "*.txt" in folder "B". It is very annoying, especially when folder "B" is much larger than "A". It takes a while to stop a new, unexpected and unwanted search process. Only cl

:)

JohnKowalskyPL, Jun 19, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows File Explorer Bug: automatic search repetition of the last regex on window... :p

Frick, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Windows File Explorer Bug: automatic search repetition of the last regex on window...

Windows File Explorer Search

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having issue in File explorer search option. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply
    with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)

• Have you tried restarting your computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to refer these methods and check.

Method 1:
    Restore File Explorer to default.

1. Open
      File Explorer and click on View tab from the top.

2. Click the arrow below
      Options and select Change folder and search options.

3. Under
      General tab, click on Restore Defaults.
    4. Click
      Ok and relaunch File Explorer.

Method 2:Run Automatically diagnose and repair Windows file tool

Please refer the suggestion as mentioned in this article for troubleshooting the issue:
    Automatically diagnose and repair Windows file and folder problems

Method 3: Fix problems in Windows Search

Please refer the suggestion as mentioned in this article for troubleshooting the issue:

Fix problems in Windows Search

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows File Explorer Bug: automatic search repetition of the last regex on window...

1. Windows File Explorer Bug: automatic search repetition of the last regex on window... - Similar Threads - File Explorer Bug

2. WIndows Explorer - Search Bar BUG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows Explorer - Search Bar BUG: The Windows Explorer search bar exhibits a design flaw where folder names longer than the available space are truncated, leading to a poor user experience. Instead of displaying the full folder name, it should prioritize clarity and usability by simply showing "Search" in the...
  3. WIndows Explorer - Search Bar BUG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows Explorer - Search Bar BUG: The Windows Explorer search bar exhibits a design flaw where folder names longer than the available space are truncated, leading to a poor user experience. Instead of displaying the full folder name, it should prioritize clarity and usability by simply showing "Search" in the...
  4. File explorer panel switch to last search on window move or resize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer panel switch to last search on window move or resize: Hi,there is an annoying bug in Windows Explorer Win 10 updated, Italian: after performing a file search, and using the same window to navigate to another folder, when I move or resize this window it reverts back to search results. This happens every time. I am logged as...
  5. windows update for fixing file explorer search bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows update for fixing file explorer search bug: Hello team,Recently, I heard 4 people around me can't type any word in file explorer search box sometimes.We tried some methods but the issue still happened sometimes.Our current windows operating system and version is Windows10 Version 21H2OS Build 19044.1586.I wonder if any...
  6. windows update for fixing file explorer search bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update for fixing file explorer search bug: Hello team,Recently, I heard 4 people around me can't type any word in file explorer search box sometimes.We tried some methods but the issue still happened sometimes.Our current windows operating system and version is Windows10 Version 21H2OS Build 19044.1586.I wonder if any...
  7. windows update for fixing file explorer search bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Bug in File Explorer's search box

in Windows 10 Support
    Bug in File Explorer's search box: I just reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch, wiping the SSD because it was crashing with BSODs and other errors; I was in the 20h2 build, now I'm in the stable 2004 (19041.508). In the new install, as always, I set the search in the File Explorer to "automatically type into...
  9. Bug in File Explorer's search box

in Cortana
    Bug in File Explorer's search box: I just reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch, wiping the SSD because it was crashing with BSODs and other errors; I was in the 20h2 build, now I'm in the stable 2004. In the new install, as always, I set the search in the File Explorer to "automatically type into the search...
  10. Windows File Explorer is bugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows File Explorer is bugged: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my device as it had bad issues and ever since, my file explorer looks different and very ugly in my opinion. I'll attach pictures to show you what it looks like and what I want it to look like. 1 is the want it looks like. 2 is the one I...