Windows 10: Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.

Discus and support Windows File Explorer constantly crashing. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This started last night and whenever I open file explorer and go to click on anything the window looks like down below. I have tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ProblemHelper, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.

This started last night and whenever I open file explorer and go to click on anything the window looks like down below. I have tried the followingclearing explorer cache the Cachesfc /scannow,repairing via powershell.restarting my PCuninstalling a recent windows upgradekilling the task and restarting itand deleting regedit file and restarting.

:)

ProblemHelper, Aug 4, 2022
  2. Harvy Win User

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Aug 4, 2022
  3. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Aug 4, 2022
  4. jsmin Win User

Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.

1. Windows File Explorer constantly crashing. - Similar Threads - File Explorer constantly

2. Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.: This started last night and whenever I open file explorer and go to click on anything the window looks like down below. I have tried the followingclearing explorer cache the Cachesfc /scannow,repairing via powershell.restarting my PCuninstalling a recent windows...
  3. Windows Explorer crash constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crash constantly: Hi this morning I turn on the PC and notice something strange then I decide to do a reset to 3 days before I do it and Explorer crashes constantly making the PC unusable, they do not open the settings I uninstalled also start all back but nothing the problem persists what can...
  4. Windows Explorer crash constantly

Windows Explorer crash constantly: Hi this morning I turn on the PC and notice something strange then I decide to do a reset to 3 days before I do it and Explorer crashes constantly making the PC unusable, they do not open the settings I uninstalled also start all back but nothing the problem persists what can...
  5. File Explorer Crashing Constantly help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashing Constantly help: I don’t know why but my file explorer started crashing with no reason, i was playing a game then it started crashing. I tried to shut down my pc, restarting it but nothing works can anyone please help me there ?...
  6. File Explorer Crashing Constantly help

File Explorer Crashing Constantly help: I don’t know why but my file explorer started crashing with no reason, i was playing a game then it started crashing. I tried to shut down my pc, restarting it but nothing works can anyone please help me there ?...
  7. File Explorer Crashing Constantly help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows Explorer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer constantly crashing: Hi all, I've been dealing with a problem of Explorer constantly crashing for the last day or two - if I attempt to open any file or folder within explorer, or a folder opens and it attempts to load information on that file, Windows Explorer crashes. If I attempt to right...
  9. File Explorer crashing and restarting constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer crashing and restarting constantly: File Explorer has started crashing the last few days and it's driving me up the wall. It hangs, then a progress bar starts creeping up the file location box, until everything disappears. During this process the pointer is a spinning blue circle and I can't click anywhere else...
  10. File Explorer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer constantly crashing: I am having a problem with file explorer constantly crashing. If I click on the icon in the toolbar, file explorer will open, it will say "working on it," but then it crashes, the screen flashes, and it goes back to the desktop. If I try to open a folder on the desktop, it...