Windows 10: Windows File Explorer crashes whenever I open a file containing a playlist of mp3 files

Discus and support Windows File Explorer crashes whenever I open a file containing a playlist of mp3 files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I purchased a playlist of songs from one of my favorite artists to support them and get a high-quality version of their most recent album. I downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AquaticWindows, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Windows File Explorer crashes whenever I open a file containing a playlist of mp3 files

I purchased a playlist of songs from one of my favorite artists to support them and get a high-quality version of their most recent album. I downloaded all of the individual mp3 files of the songs after paying for them, and whenever I try to access the folder that I created and downloaded them to, the file explorer crashes. At the top, the bar turns green like it is searching for stuff, but never finishes. The entire thing freezes and the file explorer starts using up to 90% of my CPU. each song is about 50mb and the whole file is about 500mb. Weirdly enough, I can zip the file and then view the files and it works just fine. Otherwise, even opening the folder just freezes everything.

System Specs:

8600k @4.4Ghz

16GB 3200-16 memory

files are being loaded off of an SSD

2080 Super

I added system specs because I don't believe that my computer is getting bogged down due to a large file or something like that. I regularly play games that end up taking up most of my available memory and are over 150gb in size, so this should be a piece of cake for my system. Any ideas?

:)

AquaticWindows, Feb 14, 2020

2. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Feb 14, 2020
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Windows File Explorer crashes whenever I open a file containing a playlist of mp3 files :)

jaydeee, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Nick89 Win User

Windows File Explorer crashes whenever I open a file containing a playlist of mp3 files

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

So I downloaded project reality a mob for BF2 I used uTorrent to download the file and it check to make sure it wasnt corrupt.

Everytime I try to do anything with the file windows explorer hangs and I have to restart it.

This is the same for the old version of project reality. I cannot delete it.

I have never had this happen.

The files in question are 1.8 GB

Nick89, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows File Explorer crashes whenever I open a file containing a playlist of mp3 files

1. Windows File Explorer crashes whenever I open a file containing a playlist of mp3 files - Similar Threads - File Explorer crashes

2. Media Player: How can I create a playlist from a folder containing mp3 files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player: How can I create a playlist from a folder containing mp3 files?: I am struggling with Windows media player. I find it really non intuitive and hard to use. A typical simple scenario:I have a folder on my drive that contains mp3 files.I want to create a playlist of the the same name as the folder and it should contain all the mp4 files in...
  3. Media Player: How can I create a playlist from a folder containing mp3 files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player: How can I create a playlist from a folder containing mp3 files?: I am struggling with Windows media player. I find it really non intuitive and hard to use. A typical simple scenario:I have a folder on my drive that contains mp3 files.I want to create a playlist of the the same name as the folder and it should contain all the mp4 files in...
  4. Explorer crashes whenever I copy a file

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashes whenever I copy a file: I was having issues so I did a fresh install on Windows 10 Professional and make sure I had all of the updates. Now when I copy and paste a file somewhere, move a file or create a shortcut it causes explorer to crash and I'm not sure why as I haven't modified any system...
  5. How to make folder with mp3 files to playlist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make folder with mp3 files to playlist: I want to use m3u files i already have on my phone. Can i tell windows to create seperate folders as playlists using the information from the m3u files? The m3u files include the information which songs (specific named mp3 files) should be put together in a playlist. My music...
  6. Whenever I try to open .docx any office file the file explorer crash and not responding...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whenever I try to open .docx any office file the file explorer crash and not responding...: My laptop is Acer Aspire 3 Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.778 Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎23-‎04-‎2020 14:23 Status Report sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with...
  7. Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files: When opening a folder that contains some .mp3 files, the explorer exits almost immediately. The event log has the following: Windows cannot access the file C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_10.20022.11011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\resources.pri for one of the...
  8. mp3 file Crashing File explorer

mp3 file Crashing File explorer: Hello Couple weeks ago my mp3 files were fine I was hearing songs just fine. But then I let to repair my laptops keys and came back with the audio not working. Some how i fixed it and its fine. Later on I open groove music and suddenly it crashed im thinking that it maybe...
  9. Show only MP3 files in File Explorer

Show only MP3 files in File Explorer: Is there a way to make File Explorer only show MP3 files and not include all the album art. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-only-mp3-files-in-file-explorer/1c540234-e2e5-4560-ab97-43206658c134"
  10. Creating playlist files that contain the songs?

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating playlist files that contain the songs?: Hi! I've recently discovered a new artist and I want to make a "Best Of" sorta thing. I have all of the songs and I made an .m3u file that points to the songs location on my computer. However I was wondering if there's a file format / some way for a playlist so that I only...