Windows 10: Windows File Explorer crashing when making right mouse click after having selected a file

Discus and support Windows File Explorer crashing when making right mouse click after having selected a file in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I am not experiencing for a while a specific failure on Windows File Explorer, which limits a lot of my productivity. Always, when I select a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndreasJS185, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Windows File Explorer crashing when making right mouse click after having selected a file

Hi

I am not experiencing for a while a specific failure on Windows File Explorer, which limits a lot of my productivity.

Always, when I select a file in the Windows Explorer window and make a right mouse click, then the blue wheel comes for a few seconds and the Windows Explorer is crashing. I have then to restart the Windows Explorer and find another way how to the desired action.

Usually after selecting a file and you do the right mouse click a window should open, where you can select certain functions, e.g. print, cut, paste, zip, etc. This window is not opening in my Explorer is shutting down.

Following Version: Windows 10 Home with 10.0.17134.858

Please help. Thank you, Andreas JS185

:)

AndreasJS185, Jul 26, 2019

2. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Jul 26, 2019
  3. mouse right click will not open my file explorer in taskbar

Hello Carl,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What happens when you left clicking?
    • When you say right click, do you actually mean left click?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve this issue?

Left clicking with mouse will open File explorer or any other programs. Whereas right click will give you context menu.

I suggest you to right-click on the File Explorer
    on the task bar and select Unpin from Taskbar. Now in the search bar type
    File Explorer and right click on it and select Pin it to Taskbar
    and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Nick89 Win User

Windows File Explorer crashing when making right mouse click after having selected a file

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

So I downloaded project reality a mob for BF2 I used uTorrent to download the file and it check to make sure it wasnt corrupt.

Everytime I try to do anything with the file windows explorer hangs and I have to restart it.

This is the same for the old version of project reality. I cannot delete it.

I have never had this happen.

The files in question are 1.8 GB

Nick89, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows File Explorer crashing when making right mouse click after having selected a file

1. Windows File Explorer crashing when making right mouse click after having selected a file - Similar Threads - File Explorer crashing

2. When Right Click Windows File Explorer Crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Right Click Windows File Explorer Crashing.: When I right click on desktop or any application file explorer crashing and all defaults are reset. pls fix it.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-right-click-windows-file-explorer-crashing/ca1c2f90-487b-4f26-afa0-109c3944860a
  3. When Right Click Windows File Explorer Crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When Right Click Windows File Explorer Crashing.: When I right click on desktop or any application file explorer crashing and all defaults are reset. pls fix it.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-right-click-windows-file-explorer-crashing/ca1c2f90-487b-4f26-afa0-109c3944860a
  4. File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click: Every time I try to open the context menu, my File Explorer crashes. I can open the legacy context menu using Shift+Right-Click through. My Windows have been fine, but the problem suddenly appeared, not after I installed some programs or update WindowsI had- Followed this...
  5. file Explorer on right click crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file Explorer on right click crashing: When I right click explorer automatically restart and I cannot delete files, creating folders and much more and I don't know how to repair it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-on-right-click-crashing/5043c183-2eb0-4734-a753-ca7b47ccb6f9
  6. File explorer crashes on right click on file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer crashes on right click on file: It crashes immediately if the machine has been up for a while/other programs open. If freshly rebooted, right click goes into hourglass for many minutes, may never stop. Suggestions??...
  7. File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking: Long story short, whenever I try to rick click a file, File Explorer crashes. This doesn't happen with folders, and it doesn't happen on the desktop. File Explorer also crashes when I try to move a file by dragging it, and it also sometimes crashes when I go into a folder,...
  8. Right clicking files crashes File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking files crashes File Explorer: The screen would stop for a second, go black, then reset itself as if nothing actually happened. This only affects my image files. I tried ShellExView and disabling any third-party context menus, but that didn't work. I tried Autoruns, but I couldn't find anything that's...
  9. Windows File Explorer Right Mouse Click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows File Explorer Right Mouse Click: I have just upgraded my system to win 10 release 10.0.18362 Build 18362 and all appeared to be working. I found an issue with File Explorer - if I try to "right Click" on a drive letter in the left panel File Explorer closes (all task bar items also get disappear for a few...
  10. File Explorer - Right click and crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Right click and crashing: Hello Please see my You Tube Demo video - when I right click on a file within File Explorer on Windows 10 it crashes; here is a video demo of the crash - as you can see the Bar down the bottom is disappearing Please can anyone suggest a fix. demo - YouTube 82170