Windows 10: Windows file explorer doesnt remember sort options

Discus and support Windows file explorer doesnt remember sort options in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have a few folders with a lot of powerpoint presentations, which I sort by total number of slides (the option is under "more" when I right click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/twooneeighties, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Windows file explorer doesnt remember sort options

Hi,

I have a few folders with a lot of powerpoint presentations, which I sort by total number of slides (the option is under "more" when I right click the menu).

However, every time I close and reopen the window, the settings are gone and I have to do it all over again. Any idea how I can make this permanent for select folders?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/twooneeighties
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/twooneeighties, Mar 8, 2020
  2. cereberus Win User

Sorting with File Explorer.

I tried the method that was complicated (3rd option) but fell over in second step as I could not find any "apply to folder button"'.

However, the simple put *.* in search bar, then sort results windows by date does the trick. It is slightly cumbersome as I have to do that each time I am selecting files (to upload to sharepoint) but a lot less hassle than I was having to scroll up and down between sorted file block and sorted folder block.

Many thanks.

M.

cereberus, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 8, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows file explorer doesnt remember sort options

dalchina, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows file explorer doesnt remember sort options

1. Windows file explorer doesnt remember sort options - Similar Threads - file explorer doesnt

2. Windows file explorer not sorting correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows file explorer not sorting correctly: Win 8.1. in the downloads folder, I select sort by Modified date. I unzipped today a file. The resultant unzipped file with today's modified date shows up sorted with files of a much earlier modified date ,...
  3. Windows file explorer not sorting correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows file explorer not sorting correctly: Win 8.1. in the downloads folder, I select sort by Modified date. I unzipped today a file. The resultant unzipped file with today's modified date shows up sorted with files of a much earlier modified date ,...
  4. sorting options in file explorer are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sorting options in file explorer are gone: Not long ago, I was able to select "sort by" and at the bottom of the list was "show more options" or something like that. That gave you numerous other sorting options, but that option is now gone. Where'd it go?...
  5. sorting options in file explorer are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sorting options in file explorer are gone: Not long ago, I was able to select "sort by" and at the bottom of the list was "show more options" or something like that. That gave you numerous other sorting options, but that option is now gone. Where'd it go?...
  6. Slow File Sorting in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow File Sorting in Explorer: I have a folder with about 3200 files, each file is about 60mb. I want it to sort by date/time. It is on an NVME drive, but the sort is taking 5+ minutes.....anything I can do to speed it up?...
  7. Explorer will not remember sorting for specific fields

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer will not remember sorting for specific fields: I have a folder that contains all music, when I sort by either Genre or Artist, it will immediately forget the sorting once I click out of the folder. Other fields it will remember, such as length, size and date modified. It's incredibly frustrating. Any ideas? submitted by...
  8. Issues while using Sort by option in File Explorer

Issues while using Sort by option in File Explorer: I can't recall exactly when the issue began, but for the past while many files have been missing their "Sort by" columns. I only see the three tabs: "ascending," descending," and "choose columns." Clicking the "choose columns" opens up the checkbox menu as usual, but none of...
  9. File Explorer Sorting

File Explorer Sorting: I have one folder in File Explorer that sorts by 0 -9, A-H, I-P, Q-Z. All other folders sort by folders are on the top, files on the bottom, sorted by alpha. How do I change so it's sorted by folders, files in alpha? Thanks....
  10. Sorting with File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sorting with File Explorer.: Just been doing a job for a client and got frustrated. Been downloading many files and folders and wanted to sort by date order. FE sorts files by date and folders by date but sorts them separately so I had to keep scrolling up and down. I want it like below:- Name Date...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer remember sort order file folder