Windows 10: Windows File Explorer Doesn't Work

Discus and support Windows File Explorer Doesn't Work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] When I open the following file path on my device, the CPU immediately goes from 0%-100% in task manager and the app stops responding. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gr_drummer, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Windows File Explorer Doesn't Work

Windows File Explorer Doesn't Work [​IMG]

When I open the following file path on my device, the CPU immediately goes from 0%-100% in task manager and the app stops responding. This happens when I click anywhere in the window. What I mean by that is if I click on the file, try to rename it, highlight something or just simply tap anywhere in that folder window, I get the exact same response: total failure of the app.

One Drive > Documents > School > PDF File that I need

Absolutely no response, whole window falls apart. What is happening?

Edit: I was able to resolve the issue by copying the folder to my desktop and moving it back into One Drive. However, I am very unhappy about this solution. What if I can't do that in the future? What if this problem happens during finals week and I lose something?

https://preview.redd.it/bkfnrxotkqb...bp&s=d81c2e212ba9566a5e6fc084e82af4e5ec31c45e

https://preview.redd.it/hkgc7ootkqb...bp&s=758540dcb0e8f04257836a8e52f256e687c01ff2

submitted by /u/gr_drummer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gr_drummer, Jan 19, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows File Explorer Doesn't Work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

Hi Graham,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to run the 'Internet Explorer Performance' troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type 'Troubleshooting' in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on the top left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance and follow the on screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows File Explorer Doesn't Work

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows File Explorer Doesn't Work

1. Windows File Explorer Doesn't Work - Similar Threads - File Explorer Doesn't

2. Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work: Dear Microsoft,It's been six years since this issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-added-the-file-count-column-to-my-folder-in/d7ac6505-265f-4e55-b89f-1310f1eaec7cWhy it still doesn't work?And "for the love of god" why the size column in details...
  3. Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work: Dear Microsoft,It's been six years since this issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-added-the-file-count-column-to-my-folder-in/d7ac6505-265f-4e55-b89f-1310f1eaec7cWhy it still doesn't work?And "for the love of god" why the size column in details...
  4. Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders: Hi there!I work in sales and every year, I take all the quotes and orders I've done the past year and put them in a folder titled something like "Quotes 2021" or "Orders 2021". I regularly go back to those quotes or order to use them as a master or just to update the...
  6. My Windows10 File Explorer Doesn't Works

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Windows10 File Explorer Doesn't Works: Just today I got an windows update but after the update I couldn't use my windows file explorer.When ever I try to open a picture or start a game it will keep loading...But the picture or game won't open and it will show its still loading......
  7. My Windows10 File Explorer Doesn't Works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows10 File Explorer Doesn't Works: Just today I got an windows update but after the update I couldn't use my windows file explorer.When ever I try to open a picture or start a game it will keep loading...But the picture or game won't open and it will show its still loading......
  8. Printing from file explorer doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing from file explorer doesn't work.: I have a super weird issue. My printer is Canon LBP622Cdw. I have the latest drivers. The printer is recognized in windows and would print anything from any program - illustrator, photoshop, paint, word, you name it. But, for the life of it, it won't print a thing straight...
  9. Search bar in windows file explorer doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar in windows file explorer doesn't work: The search bar in my files explorer won't actually search anything, just to make it clear it isn't the search bar on the left but the smaller one on the right that won't actually do anything/highlight anything Screenshot - ae72785c768d4df8a79ce4627f494350 - Gyazo I used...
  10. File Explorer Drag and Drop doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Drag and Drop doesn't work: Hello, when I try to drag and drop a file using file explorer, it shows a red "unavailable" icon. I also haven't found a way to disable the annoying time and date text at the bottom left of the lock screen (which was easily done in Windows 8.1 as documented on...