Windows 10: Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives

Discus and support Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In my PC tower I have two 1.0TB solid state drives (C and E). Connected externally I have two 2.0TB and one 3.0TB portable disc drives (G, H and I) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Walter Seaton, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives

In my PC tower I have two 1.0TB solid state drives (C and E). Connected externally I have two 2.0TB and one 3.0TB portable disc drives (G, H and I) and also a 16GB memory stick used as a ReadyBoost (drive F). In my Windows File Explorer Drives C and E show normally (i.e. once only). Drives F, G, H and I are duplicated below the other drives - they are exactly the same. How can I get rid of these duplicates?

Thank you very much.

:)

Walter Seaton, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 5, 2018
  3. File Explorer for Windows 10 shows Duplicate External Drive Folders/Files

Windows has recreated the key. I've just found another way to hide the duplicate removable drives. You can download the REG file here.

Drives Listed Twice in Explorer Navigation Pane (Fix) » Winhelponline

[Solved] Drives appear twice in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane

You need to logoff and login back for the changes the take effect.

(There is also a UNDO file if you want to revert back the setting.)

Ramesh Srinivasan, Dec 5, 2018
  4. lacrumb Win User

Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives

duplicate usb drive

When you say Navigation panel where are you?

If ti is File Explorer, there is a lot of duplication in the list of drives.

lacrumb, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives

1. Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives - Similar Threads - File Explorer Duplicates

2. External drives are duplicated in File Explorer on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drives are duplicated in File Explorer on Windows 11.: When either USB flash drives or external hard drives for backup are plugged in any of the USB ports, they show up as duplicates in File Explorer. I have been having problems with Windows Backup, and it may be confused by this....
  3. External drives are duplicated in File Explorer on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External drives are duplicated in File Explorer on Windows 11.: When either USB flash drives or external hard drives for backup are plugged in any of the USB ports, they show up as duplicates in File Explorer. I have been having problems with Windows Backup, and it may be confused by this....
  4. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries: File Explorer is displaying duplicate directories for two external hard drives and card reader. Ex. Drive H and all card reader drives are displayed twice. I have run Scandisk twice and DISM and no problems were identified. All drives can be accessed from either display. Is...
  5. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries: File Explorer is displaying duplicate directories for two external hard drives and card reader. Ex. Drive H and all card reader drives are displayed twice. I have run Scandisk twice and DISM and no problems were identified. All drives can be accessed from either display. Is...
  6. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Duplicate drives in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate drives in Windows Explorer: Hi there, Recently i got duplicated drives in Windows explorer, see the screenshot. Any idea how to fix? [img] 155957
  8. duplicate usb drives in windows 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    duplicate usb drives in windows 10 file explorer: Why has Microsoft not created a fix for this common problem with an update? There seem to be a huge number of people who have this problem and there was no clear answer from Microsoft in the closed thread on how to fix this issue. Personally I do not want to be editing the...
  9. File explorer Duplicate entries for external drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File explorer Duplicate entries for external drives: After a system refresh of Windows 10 all external disk storage drives, Micro SD and USB are listed twice in file explorer. This is a common problem, reported many times in forums and community support web sites. Could a solution be to reload file explorer. Is this possible...
  10. Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer: Hello! It's the same as before, I thought I'd fixed it. I performed a restore from before the Windows Update on the 20th October. The duplicate drives had gone, however I could run any office programs. Excell said not enough memory when I opened it, I have 6gb. Word...