Windows 10: Windows file explorer freezes for 5-10 minutes when usinf save as or navigating for files...

Discus and support Windows file explorer freezes for 5-10 minutes when usinf save as or navigating for files... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop latest hardware with 16 GB ram and i7 often gets app frozen for minute 5-10 when i try to use save as or navigate from within to work with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rkbest13, Oct 30, 2020.

1. rkbest13 Win User

Windows file explorer freezes for 5-10 minutes when usinf save as or navigating for files...

My laptop latest hardware with 16 GB ram and i7 often gets app frozen for minute 5-10 when i try to use save as or navigate from within to work with file explorer. I ran all possible test on hardware side with no issues detected. Did a complete wipe and reinstall of windows and stopped using chrome and still get this problem.

My feeling is it happens due to network drives but i am unable to locate the issue or logs that can confirm this.

I use Google stream as network drive, box, since I got this machine last year with no problem. Only few months earlier this issues surfaced and have not been able to fix.

Any suggestions to help.

FYI: Running SFC and system DISM process did not fix this issue.

:)

rkbest13, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Henabel Win User

Windows file explorer freezes for 5-10 minutes when usinf save as or navigating for files...

Windows Explorer Freezes when Downloading File from Browser

Windows Explorer freezes during download

Problem steps:

1. Right click image in browser

2. Save as

3. Dialog opens

4. Create New Folder

5. Freezes when naming folder. I have to wait 2-4 minutes before Save As is released. Unable to use the browser. Computer beeps.

6. Once Save As is released, I have no problem saving the file.

Henabel, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows file explorer freezes for 5-10 minutes when usinf save as or navigating for files... - Similar Threads - file explorer freezes

2. Windows 11 takes over 5 minutes to save a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 takes over 5 minutes to save a file: After a recent failed windows 11 update, I was forced to get a new SSD for my boot drive as Windows refused to reload, reboot, or do anything on my old drive. Now, since I had to completely reinstall not only windows but every other program in my system, after the KB5031354...
  3. Windows 11 takes over 5 minutes to save a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 takes over 5 minutes to save a file: After a recent failed windows 11 update, I was forced to get a new SSD for my boot drive as Windows refused to reload, reboot, or do anything on my old drive. Now, since I had to completely reinstall not only windows but every other program in my system, after the KB5031354...
  4. File Explorer freezes for several minutes when I click on a file, but it doesn't display as...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer freezes for several minutes when I click on a file, but it doesn't display as...: The title really explains it all. I click on any file in File Explorer, it freezes and the cursor spins, but it doesn't get marked as "Not Responding". It doesn't say that in Task Manager either. It's like everything works normally, it just won't let me click on anything.I've...
  5. File Explorer freezes for several minutes when I click on a file, but it doesn't display as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer freezes for several minutes when I click on a file, but it doesn't display as...: The title really explains it all. I click on any file in File Explorer, it freezes and the cursor spins, but it doesn't get marked as "Not Responding". It doesn't say that in Task Manager either. It's like everything works normally, it just won't let me click on anything.I've...
  6. File Explorer freezes for several minutes when I click on a file, but it doesn't display as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane.

WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane.: In File Explorer - I have a OneDrive Picture folder. I have a This PC Picture folder. They are the same - and I can understand that. BUT I also have a Local Disk/Users/Bill/Picture folder. This is different. I am the only user of the laptop. I thought maybe This PC was just...
  8. WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane.

WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane.: I'm baffled by WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane. This morning I had a "Picture" folder - appearing under "This PC" and "Local Disk C" - located in C/User/Bill. I then set my picture folder to backup to OneDrive. Suddenly my "Picture" folder has been put in a...
  9. File explorer navigation

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer navigation: Hi, Id just like some feedback from other users on how you close File Explorer down when you've finished using it. When you have finished accessing a file or folder in File Explorer when you close it you'll see that the file is still selected (highlighted in blue). At that...
  10. Windows 10 freezes when saving jpg file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes when saving jpg file: I'm not sure why, but Windows freezes when I try to save a jpg file, either through a download or a "Save As". I have to do a hard reset every time it happens. What can I do to correct this problem? TIA....