Windows 10: Windows File Explorer glitches out and restarts whenever its size gets changed

Discus and support Windows File Explorer glitches out and restarts whenever its size gets changed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can open it and navigate through just fine but I can only work with one window at a time since it goes full screen and glitches whenever I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lemistic, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Lemistic Win User

Windows File Explorer glitches out and restarts whenever its size gets changed

I can open it and navigate through just fine but I can only work with one window at a time since it goes full screen and glitches whenever I try to re-position it.

:)

Lemistic, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Mary Sau Win User

Font Size File Explorer Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you, kindly provide us additional information.

• Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    • Does it happen only with your File Explorer?
    • Can you please provide us a screenshot of the item that you want the font or the box to be adjusted?
    For the meantime, if you simply want to change the font size, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings.
    • In the Settings, choose System -> Display -> Advanced display settings -> Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • In Change only the text size drop-down, choose Icons. Adjust what size you prefer and click Apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Mary Sau, Jan 10, 2020
  3. File Explorer Visual Glitch

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to the computer software prior to this?
    • Have you tried to select a different file outside the File Explorer window to check if the issue persists?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you perform a clean boot and check if the issue persists. If performing a clean
    boot
    on your device resolves your concern, it means that a third party software is causing the issue. We suggest that you uninstall or disable them. The steps on how to perform a clean
    boot
    are provided on this link.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Windows File Explorer glitches out and restarts whenever its size gets changed

How to automatically see the size of folders in the Windows 10 file explorer

Hi Zeljko,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in File Explorer settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to steps to find the size of the folder containing data in it.

1. Right click on File Explorer where
    Folder
    are present.

2. Then right click on the File Explorer and
    View
    menu.

3. Click on either Content or Details.

4. Check if Size is getting displayed or not.

Please get back to us with an update on finding the folder size, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows File Explorer glitches out and restarts whenever its size gets changed

1. Windows File Explorer glitches out and restarts whenever its size gets changed - Similar Threads - File Explorer glitches

2. Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506: Hello guys,got a problem... After the new 22621.2506 update my whole File Explorer, of course, got changed... no big surprise. First of all, anyone maybe knows how to restore the design/ layout of version 22621.2500? I'd like to have that back...Second thing, like mentioned...
  3. File explorer keeps glitching after windows restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keeps glitching after windows restarts: Hi. hope you guys doing great.My system information:Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 10.0 Build 22621Asus VivoBook 15 X570UDCore i7 8550U8GB RamIts now 2 days that my windows got a problem. File explorer keeps glitching opening and closing itself after I restart my windows.It will stay...
  4. File explorer keeps glitching after windows restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer keeps glitching after windows restarts: Hi. hope you guys doing great.My system information:Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 10.0 Build 22621Asus VivoBook 15 X570UDCore i7 8550U8GB RamIts now 2 days that my windows got a problem. File explorer keeps glitching opening and closing itself after I restart my windows.It will stay...
  5. File Explorer Glitch!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Glitch!: When will the issue be fixed with File Explorer that prevents me from selecting Multiple files to be moved? It is extremely frustrating, and time consuming. I would like to believe that this was not done intentionally, such a move sets this application back more then 10...
  6. Glitches in File Explorer

Glitches in File Explorer: Hi , I am up to date with the updates of windows 10 and I am using it in dark mode ,In file explorer when I tried to expand one of the title in the left pane eg: Local Disk E by clicking on the arrow it expands and shows the sub folders and when I clicked again to contract,...
  7. Change size of fonts in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Change size of fonts in file explorer: I've red all the tutorials and post that I could find about changing font size in files explorer but I think some settings have changed in newer versions of Win 10. for example it says to do the following to change font size. [img] However as you can see in my version if...
  8. File Explorer Glitching

File Explorer Glitching: This has been going on for quite a while, but I'm finally frustrated enough to look for a solution. I'm trying to go through and delete files that I no longer need. Every time I scroll through the files on File Explorer, it keeps snapping back to an earlier file, making it...
  9. File explorer squishing out and graphical glitches.

File explorer squishing out and graphical glitches.: Built a new PC last month. New items: Ryzen 3600x ASUS 5700 xt MSI MPG X570 Gaming PRO Carbon WiFi Motherboard G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB 2 x 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 Samsung 970 Pro Plus Nvme 250gb Reused items: 5TB External HDD 1TB WD blue HDD 100gb Ocz SSD...
  10. changing font size in file explorer, windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing font size in file explorer, windows 10: How do I change the font size in File Explorer, using window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-size-in-file-explorer-windows-10/5eab0483-a430-4de1-a5ba-9956ddbeedd7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explore is glitching when minamizing

2. file explorer glitch

3. windows explorer glitching